Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

why there are no dev or forum moderator reply to this? many players facing this problem
i tried everything from delete cache, reinstall the game, run the launcher as admin, update 4gb+700mb
for days i've been trying to solve this problem but no result, still stuck
good way to keep the game community healthy, make them unable to play sometimes

My updater keeps failing and ive gone thru every step, every "fix" ive found and nothing helps. reinstalled it 3 times now, restarted the computer after each time and still no good. i ran it just fine before i reformated my computer but now it wont even update so i cant play. help please?

Downloaded the game yesterday on new PC played it last night today been trying all day on and off  its stuck on verifying download cache gets small way into it then nothing. I dont want to download the whole game again as it takes over 2 hours is there anything I can do?

Only way I can get the game to run is re download the launcher thing and start from that makes the game launch. Maybe something Windows 7 is preventing? no idea

Edited by InactiveOne

Please look into this issue. I've got the same one as most people where the update just won't download no atter what "fix" I try.

Full details:

The launcher identifies that there is an update and the list of additions shows up, but the download never starts. From what I see there is a 5MB patch and that should be no problem to download.

After a period of nothing, I get the message "Content servers temporarily unavailable etc." and it will retry in a few seconds. This repeats until the launcher gives up and I have to manually click retry, so there isn't the option to let it attempt indefinitely until a miracle occurs.

In addition, should I try close it, the dialog box for aborting the update appears and when I click abort it freezes and has to be terminated with task manager. Should I attempt to change any launcher options, it freezes and have to be termintated with task manager.

This is very frustrating, so please fix it, or add the option to manually download the updates because my normal downloads happen just fine.

Edit: Seemed to work when I went to another person's house with a different service provider so... I don't know

Edited by Vorcury

guys. I'd like to ask; what service provider do you use?

it it, perchance, Apogee's Resnet?

if not, that will rule a popular college provider out of the causes.

Where I study, there's no choice but to use it (they have a monopoly here), and I have a feeling it might be the same in other places. It's a bit of a restrictive, error-prone system with decent download, but terrible upload. I've had plenty of problems. The thing is, they're still valiantly fighting viruses from yesterdecade, and are not necessarily on the same side as gamers, who they lump in with P2P torrenters.

maybe they did something, or something changed to make Warframe incompatible with resnet?

This happened yesterday for me, throughout my gaming in Warframe it was working just fine with no problems. Few hours later I came back to play Warframe, my Login Server says "Update Failed". It keeps on going on a loop and been trying multiple times. I assumed the DE were fixing something so I waited until tomorrow. Today is also having the same issue. My friends said they can play Warframe just fine, especially on yesterday.

Is there something wrong in Warframe that's preventing me to login or did the DE changed something?

I find disabling "Agressive download" to fix with errors such as [0x00000020] and [0x0000005] to prevent updating.This might help some ppl with update failures but idk.

I'm using the Steam version of Warframe.So it might not work with the non-Steam version.

Reinstalling is another option to fix this problem but it's tedious sometimes.

OPERATION LAUNCHER CRASH???

i checking errors in Launcher.log...

30.499 Sys [Error]: HttpSendRequest failed to content.warframe.com: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT
58.583 Sys [Error]: HttpSendRequest failed to content.warframe.com: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT
86.667 Sys [Error]: HttpSendRequest failed to content.warframe.com: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT
114.753 Sys [Error]: HttpSendRequest failed to content.warframe.com: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT
114.753 Sys [Error]: Cache manifest body not found on cache server

I think that the server down.

Before everything, my operating system is WINDOWS 8.

I start up the client, and play

after doing one mission, or after a random amount of time, it asks me to update ("An updated version of Warframe is available, please exit and run the launcher"), and wont let me play missions or do anything in-game anymore

I close the game, re open the launcher, it says it up to date... I play, and I'm back with the message after one mission or a random amount of time

I've tried all options in the settings menu on the client (including verifying and optimizing the dowload cache, I've even asked for help in-game and they say to defrag in to settings on the client, yet there is no option/button there), reinstalling, installing/reinstalling on steam, and changing the directory of the installation, to no avail.

So far I've been seaching the forums, yet this seems to recently, only be specific to me.

It started after the newest UI update. Thats about all I know.

My launcher version is: 2014.09.17.13.52

My engine version is: 2014.09.19.16.06

Are these the correct, newest versions?

I cannot find a fix, and nothing has worked.

If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE RESPOND. I would post a screenshot, but I dont have the correct permissions. If any additional information is requred, just inquire me.

Edited by Saber2013

Before the 14.7 update, I never had any problems with the launcher updating only recently when the update was released my launcher would always fail getting the update. It always fail during the "verifying download cache" and then would loop again and again until I have to click retry and same thing happens over and over again. I had this ever since 14.7 update and I did a reinstall in steam. There was a message that say Internet Cannot Connect, I never had this problem before my internet connection has no problem at all, checked my firewall and this is not restricted, tried the fixes and nothing seems to work, please help

Before the 14.7 update, I never had any problems with the launcher updating only recently when the update was released my launcher would always fail getting the update. It always fail during the "verifying download cache" and then would loop again and again until I have to click retry and same thing happens over and over again. I had this ever since 14.7 update and I did a reinstall in steam. There was a message that say Internet Cannot Connect, I never had this problem before my internet connection has no problem at all, checked my firewall and this is not restricted, tried the fixes and nothing seems to work, please help

same here and ucheck bulk download , aggressive dowload and still no miracle happend ... oh god i haven't complete the event yet , please DE fix this !!!

After two days of Teeth-Gritting and Hair-Pulling and also reinstalling once (which didn't seem to help) and getting stuck in "Checking for New Content" I tried it last night and it started to download 1000mb, and in the morning it was working fine.

Not sure why it was 1000mb but it seemed to have fixed my warframe.

This was done on my laptop which magically updated then I just transferred the files to my PC and edited the ACF files for warframe in the steam directory.

Best of luck, I know the pain.