The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

On 12/08/2017 at 3:18 AM, Sentient.Kite said:

Unistalling Re-Installing Same Problem on Updates Failed same when Optimize or Verify and what is VPN ?

Updates Failed on Brazil.

e em portugal tb mas tenta varias vezes e consegues instala o TunnelBear versão gratis por 1 mês e tá vai sempre tentando e consegues

Whenever I start the Warframe game client, from my steam account, the launcher gives me this error,

"Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable,The update will be restarted shortly,"

I have tried many troubleshooting steps including the "Can't Patch / Update - General Launcher Troubleshooting" guide. However, I still get the "update failed!" error.

Is this a server issue?

1 hour ago, ElmTechYT said:

installed VPN(TunnelBear) free its good 

Pay-free it also have only 500 Mb traffic available per month. You will likely use it in one day of playing WF online :P... or sooner, if you use it to actualy update client :P

• 2 weeks later...

hi, im also having the same problem with the updates but mine is with the one saying "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers". I still haven't found a fix for this and I've tried the VPN thing but with Hotspot Shield and it hasn't worked a bit. Currently downloading TunnelBear to test if it works though. Btw i have 2 launchers on and off Steam, and both of them finish or reach 100% or so it says in the updates but just randomly stops at like 2.3-0.1 MB left.

I play from the Philippines, just so you know if you could help guys like me. Thanks in advanced!

В 28.10.2017 в 16:51, horror143 сказал:

I'm having the same issue of "some content updates could not be.....servers" Why can't warframe just have update files on their website for people to download separately and update the game manually! 

It doesn't matter. Even if you manage properly update game via VPN, but then disable VPN - it won't work.

Where it says it have something to do about game updating - its clearly not...

I have AGAIN the funny error "Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unaivailable. The update will be restarted shortly!"

I had that problem a few times since POE. Not sure if it s a POE related issue but I have no idea how to fix it. Warframe is already listed in my firewall as go and come freely on all the ports they need. It is open in my modem and router so I do not know what problems Warframe has.

I am from Germany and until lately I had no problems at all in that category.

Also, if you get back to first post - first issue listed back to May 2013...

!!2013!! Srsly, its a 4 and half year old bug!

It really gives an impression that devs long since stop even care about it... which means they look at the players base simply as numbers. As long as not "too many" players affected by it at the same time - they just don't give a F*** about it :awkward:

I'm facing the same issue since the past 8 hours from India.

I've tried googling the issue and tried most of the troubleshooting steps and they didn't work.

Just FYI, TunnelBear and Hotspot Shield did not help either.

I've been playing for around a year and a half now and this is really frustrating as this is the very first time I'm facing this issue.

And no one seems to be acknowledging it.

Edited by Dawnsludge

On 3/4/2013 at 11:15 AM, [DE]Glen said:

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 5 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

3) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working; IE uses the same code that Warframe uses so it's a helpful test.

3a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

3b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

4) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

4a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

4b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

5) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

======================[ NOTE ]======================

If nothing helps please attach your EE.log and Launcher.log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe to a support ticket: http://support.warframe.com/ -- this is essential to understanding what's going on.

This is a fix for many errors people have been having as well, just figured I would let you know since people are having the same issue still despite me posting a fix a while back

On 8.11.2017 at 5:48 AM, Dawnsludge said:

B6OKb5K.jpg

DE pls.

It's been 24 hours now and I'm still unable to get the patch. Same error.

At least acknowledge the issue. I'm not the only one facing this.

Same here , second day can't update my client and even enter warframe.com. Soon Black Friday. I hope they fix it fast .
warframe.com website error mesage :

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://warframe.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.d552655f.1511344700.1e582b40

Edited by Downlouder

My problem

My Warframe client was first stuck in "checking for new content" after downloading a 10MB file. Then, after restarting it several times and changing up some settings in the launcher as well as my internet connection, I attempted to verify my cache through the launcher..... this was a deep and dark mistake, as it produced an error that caused the launcher to be stuck in stasis (See what I did there? :P) while "verifying" the game's cache. After about five hours of endless searching on the internet, I finally attempted a very common method that I ran across posted in these forums in 2014, and that is this:

How I fixed the issue (May vary among different users)

Navigate to your steam folder (Most likely on your C: drive under Programs and Files x86), once found go to "steamapps/common/Warframe/tools" and then right click "Launcher.exe" and select "run as administrator". Windows will then prompt you to confirm in (If you don't already know this) just click yes. Bam! Warframe started to update normally through the launcher, it will more than likely help with download errors as well (Because I did indeed get an "Update Failed to download" error before attempting this fix, I mean save. Yes, I'm calling this a save, because it saved my Warframe.) The download was still rather slow for me, but that is most likely due to my internet connection speeds to begin with, so if you have a decent internet connection, I doubt that you will have this issue unless you run into the dreadful "2-6KB/s" bug.

I really hoped that this can help someone, as I know how disappointing (And annoying) that this error can be. Thankfully I just got it fixed, and it's something that I can say I am thankful for.

Signed - M.G.D

(EDIT:) I just ran into a "Download Was Corrupted" error. I was irritated at first, but then soon after fixed it by unchecking all of the boxes within the launcher settings. (Please note, "Run as Administrator" is now enabled for the Warframe Launcher via the compatibility tab in the item's properties menu. To do this, simply right click Launcher.exe again and select "properties" on the bottom of the menu, then click the compatibility tab and check the box for "Run as Administrator" on the bottom of the menu. Also, something else that you shoud know is that I am now currently running the Warframe Launcher through Steam now, instead of manually launching the file located in the Warframe/Tools folder.)

Edited by MysteriousGamerDude

23 minutes ago, x-WhiteDevil-x said:

9pJ03DH.jpg

Having this error since morning. Can someone help me with this? I have tried everything until now having no success in fixing this.

Same here. Tried all combinations of options from Launcher, not working, Can access warframe.com no problem. It fails at 513.3 kb remaining.

47 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Same here. Tried all combinations of options from Launcher, not working, Can access warframe.com no problem. It fails at 513.3 kb remaining.

mine fails at 0.1 mb..As far i know this problem exists for many years. Why aren't they fixing this permanently? 

Edited by x-WhiteDevil-x

2 hours ago, x-WhiteDevil-x said:

mine fails at 0.1 mb..As far i know this problem exists for many years. Why aren't they fixing this permanently? 

I've googled it all day, no-one seems to know what's causing it and I haven't found any dev responses on it yet.

Trying a VPN atm, if it works I'll post a link here and you guys can hopefully get it to work too.

Edit: Randomly succeeded. Is the update still borked for you?

Edited by Evanescent

10 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I've googled it all day, no-one seems to know what's causing it and I haven't found any dev responses on it yet.

Trying a VPN atm, if it works I'll post a link here and you guys can hopefully get it to work too.

I might submit a ticket. Will send across my EE and Launcher log files. I don't know if it's going to be of any use but will hope.