Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's salute to the best stool ever —— Jade Light of the Eximus

1 hour ago, anonimus_riga said:

Worst thing ever added to warframe! And I swear, I will knock some teeth out to the next one who will say I need to move. You cant even draw a bow for a shot if that thing spawns next to you, in time it takes to draw nataruk for a decent shot past that line - YOU ARE DEAD.

You do realize you can charge bows while in movement right? It's not like you have to stay arbitrarily still nor move slowly.

• Like 2

On 2024-06-20 at 10:46 PM, RichardKam said:

Here is the problem. The current mechanic of jade light is not a challenge. It was problematic, and yet some people thought broken mechanic is a challenge.

Jade light eximus is just too spam-y. It is very common to have up to 3 jade light chasing you out of no where because there is no LoS check and it goes through wall (I am talking about missions in general, not limited to the new game mode).

"Oh you just need to move around" - but the game is full of elements where you have to stand still for more than a few seconds. Resurrecting teammates and hacking, not to mention lots of abilities were designed to put you in a stationary position or greatly reduce your movement. Mesa 4, obviously. And Nyx 4. Garuda 1 when channeling. The list is endless. Jade light contradicts all these existing elements and forces players to play the game in a certain way - something the community hates vehemently.

"It was great because it punishes afk" - it also punishes the above completely ordinary actions, while afk-er with Revenant can still afk.

"You just need to shoot the orb" - currently the orb can clip through ceiling, like Boreal damn pyramid. This is especially true for narrow tileset like Eris, and those with a lot of corridors like kuva fortress.

"The jade light can be mitigated easily with invisibility or silence or <insert the blank>" - so the game is forcing you to play in a certain way again. Not a good look.

"The damage only goes up if you stay in place. It is not that bad" - but when coupled with all of the above, it is bad. One-shot mechanics was, is, and never will be a good design. Even if Jade light damage alone is ok-ish, when coupled with the above design problems, it becomes a punishment for normal game action behavior with no possible counter action.

"But it makes the game more risky and engaging" - to be specific, it makes the game more engaging by forcing players to parkour around, when certain elements in this game require you to be stationary / to have reduced movement, otherwise you are punished by death. Does that sound good? I don't think so.

And did I mention they also one-shot mission target as well?

That's why tons of players requested DE to do some tuning on jade light eximus because in its current state it is full of design oversight. The easiest way out is of course to limit jade light eximus to the ascension, or limit the spawn to 1 or 2 at any given time. Other things like LoS check and clipping issues were already proposed by other players.

But of course, people can pretend none of these matter and go git gud gg ez and leave.

That's what I don't like.

There was soooo much ado about line of sight checks for us but you can have like 3 or 4 of these orbs launched at you through walls. It just feels janky.

On top of that I don't see "just run around lol" as an actual challenge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darklord122 said:

You do realize you can charge bows while in movement right? It's not like you have to stay arbitrarily still nor move slowly.

You do realize that thing is actively following you and you can only WALK while drawing a bow!? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anonimus_riga said:

You do realize that thing is actively following you and you can only WALK while drawing a bow!? 

Try bullet jumping as you draw the bow for example, Or sliding. I said movement not specifically walking. And if the bow itself is slow to draw then add mods to decrease draw time.

Edited by darklord122