Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Kills with Jade's Glory On High leaves lingering particles that cause performance issues and crashing

When getting kills with Jade's Glory On High, oftentimes particles from the disintegration effect will stick around indefinitely and loop, causing severe frame drops when getting near them. I generally play on a pretty weak laptop, but I've had this bug occur when playing on Xbox, as well. Seems to be caused by having "death effects" overlap; usually when killing infested enemies, though I've seen it happen with grineer, as well, presumably because they get the heat death effect (charring and turning to ash) and the Glory On High death effect (glowing and then bursting into particles and floating away) playing at the same time.

(Edit: After a bit of testing, it seems that this bug occurs the most often with infested and murmur enemies, which reinforces my idea that it relates to enemies with death effects given that those enemy types either disintegrate or crumble to dust when killed. After numerous kills in the simulacrum, not once did I see an enemy without a special death effect produce one of these little floating FPS nukes. While we're here, I've noticed that cast speed doesn't work on Jade's 1st ability while using Glory On High. Very unfortunate.)

(Edit 2: More information for anyone else who's been checking this thread constantly. I know I have! This bug actually occurs regardless of element, or fire rate, which was my second guess. I tested every combination of element that could be tested, and found that it still happened. The real cause of this bug seems to be killing weak enemies. The reason I was seeing it more often with infested and murmur during my testing was actually just that those enemies die faster than grineer and corpus, and that I was testing in steel path. Having lowered the enemy level and disabled steel path, I began to see the bug much more often, regardless of faction, element, fire rate or multishot.)

I've received mixed reports from friends I've played with. Some say they can see the particles, some say there's nothing there. May be related to graphics settings, or a host/client thing.

Example picture in an infested mobile defense mission. Floating particles do not disappear or stop animating under any circumstances. Longer, more stationary mission types like defense eventually become unplayable.

20240620181251_1.jpg?ex=6679efa1&is=6678

Edited by derp14die
  • Like 12

b2c95537-c023-422a-b01f-9c26773bbd2a.pnga5202723-9c4d-44fd-91ad-487fa6e6c996.pngIve had this happen many before even without using her 4 thought maybe something was wrong with my game at first till i took her to the simularcrum and i started to use her 1 and noticed the particles then her 4. I used 2 different colors to make sure as seen in the first one. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Edited by SoraDragonTK
  • Like 2

Hi , i ran some tests as well and to add tô everthing that was said by my fellow tenno here, i players with some friends, all with diferent range of PCs, (from low to high end) and It seens to be far worst if you are in a team with her, rather than be playing with her, playing with her Will here causes the frame drops yes, but will be far worst if your on a team that has here, as was said will cause heavy performance issues and crashing.

• Like 1

On 2024-06-20 at 3:28 PM, derp14die said:

When getting kills with Jade's Glory On High, oftentimes particles from the disintegration effect will stick around indefinitely and loop, causing severe frame drops when getting near them. I generally play on a pretty weak laptop, but I've had this bug occur when playing on Xbox, as well. Seems to be caused by having "death effects" overlap; usually when killing infested enemies, though I've seen it happen with grineer, as well, presumably because they get the heat death effect (charring and turning to ash) and the Glory On High death effect (glowing and then bursting into particles and floating away) playing at the same time.

(Edit: After a bit of testing, it seems that this bug occurs the most often with infested and murmur enemies, which reinforces my idea that it relates to enemies with death effects given that those enemy types either disintegrate or crumble to dust when killed. After numerous kills in the simulacrum, not once did I see an enemy without a special death effect produce one of these little floating FPS nukes. While we're here, I've noticed that cast speed doesn't work on Jade's 1st ability while using Glory On High. Very unfortunate.)

(Edit 2: More information for anyone else who's been checking this thread constantly. I know I have! This bug actually occurs regardless of element, or fire rate, which was my second guess. I tested every combination of element that could be tested, and found that it still happened. The real cause of this bug seems to be killing weak enemies. The reason I was seeing it more often with infested and murmur during my testing was actually just that those enemies die faster than grineer and corpus, and that I was testing in steel path. Having lowered the enemy level and disabled steel path, I began to see the bug much more often, regardless of faction, element, fire rate or multishot.)

I've received mixed reports from friends I've played with. Some say they can see the particles, some say there's nothing there. May be related to graphics settings, or a host/client thing.

Example picture in an infested mobile defense mission. Floating particles do not disappear or stop animating under any circumstances. Longer, more stationary mission types like defense eventually become unplayable.

20240620181251_1.jpg?ex=6675fb21&is=6674

Its weird because i just tested it out after reading this and yeah base start chart level it started appearing but soon as i made it SP lvl 50 enemies and took off Archon Vitality i didnt really notice it happening anymore not saying thats its not possibly that it wont happen anymore due to that mod just noticing it a lot less but i shall run without it more and see what happens.

Edit 2: it definitely still does it with infested as you said and also sentients as well. Went in and put it on SP lvl 215 infested enemies an with 1 group i noticed 2 appear at once vs the other factions which barely if not at all showed signs of the particles during my testing

Edited by SoraDragonTK
More testing done
  • Like 1

Hope you have luck fixing it soon. Being in the same mission with jade for more than 5 min becomes a 4- fps slide show atm. Thanks to this, I also noticed the her 1 also reduces fps significantly(from other jades, not yourself). I imagine that if both things didn't work at the same time it wouldn't be that much, but that shows a clear place where optimization is needed (less particles).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, derp14die said:

Glad this is getting fixed! Thanks to everyone who liked the post and replied, and thanks to DE for giving a response. I really enjoy Glory as an exalted, so it's been a bummer to not be able to use it.

where where did they announce that they're going to be looking at it