Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Jade is making me and a lot of other people uncomfortable

hace 1 hora, Digital_Malz dijo:

For all those who seem to be offended by the idea of having an alternative for Jade’s design, I have a few questions I would like you to answer with simple YES or NO:

1. If DE launches an alternative (toggle button, skin, etc…) for Jade’s design, will you use it?

2. Will it affect your gameplay in any way?

3. Will you be disturbed or in any way feel uncomfortable to imagine that maybe another player may be using it?

If you answered NO to these 3 questions, than I ask you: what’s your problem then? Why are you so eager to stand against something that won’t affect you in anyway, and still will do some good for other players?

When someone above criticized me because I said people lack empathy. That’s exactly my point.

Then they would have to make a change for each possible phobia or discomfort that anything in the game could generate. or wait for a deluxe skin, which usually changes the appearance of the warframes a lot.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ikishoten said:

I answered no on all.

But the reason why I argue is because people are trying to shove their phobia on everyone else, instead of dealing with it themselves.

So the devs should just spend a lot of time researching phobias and developement time to figure out and fix all of these things, or just stop developing future things completely because there's a phobia for it. It's pretty egotistical to think that the game (or anything, really) should be tailored to 'you' because you have this special feeling that devs should cater to.

Nobody is trying to shove their phobia on anyone, my friend. Have you seen anyone asking Jade Shadows quest to be redesigned? Have you seen anyone asking Jade's design to be changed for everyone? I don't think so. What you have seen so far are people asking for an alternative for THEIR gameplay. As I've said many times before, if I turn my Gore OFF, it won't affect your game. If a skin is launched, it won't affect you. Don't you agree?

25 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Then they would have to make a change for each possible phobia or discomfort that anything in the game could generate. or wait for a deluxe skin, which usually changes the appearance of the warframes a lot.

No, they don't. Have you seen other frames triggering this much discomfort? No, you haven't. Problems are solved according to the necessity of solving them. 

• Like 1

hace 6 minutos, Digital_Malz dijo:

Well, and why does it bother you so much having an alternative for these people? Could you please refer to my questionnaire a few posts above?

As I said, if you have to make a switch for Jade for a completely subjective reason, you also have to do it for each of the phobias and discomforts that the game may generate.

• Like 4

Just now, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

As I said, if you have to make a switch for Jade for a completely subjective reason, you also have to do it for each of the phobias and discomforts that the game may generate.

You're going to insist in this nonsense? 
My friend, of course it is impossible for a studio to fix in advance problems that do not exist. And you know that. You're just being childish.

You don't solve something that is not a problem. This is so basic! 

No, DE won't go around fixing phobias and discomforts that have not been triggered nor reported, nor became the focus of a debate, least asked by its player base. Simply because, as I've said, you don't fix problems that do not exist. 🤣🤣🤣

Again, what do you care? How would it affect your gameplay? Will you stop playing WF if DE decides to listen to these players and give them a skin? Or will you uninstall the game the day you find out there's a toggle on/off button in your arsenal? 🤣🤣

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RynuusukeHanshin said:

26 minutes ago, Digital_Malz said:

My friend, of course it is impossible for a studio to fix in advance problems that do not exist. And you know that. You're just being childish.

No, DE won't go around fixing phobias and discomforts that have not been triggered nor reported, nor became the focus of a debate, least asked by its player base. Simply because, as I've said, you don't fix problems that do not exist. 🤣🤣🤣

Again, what do you care? How would it affect your gameplay? Will you stop playing WF if DE decides to listen to these players and give them a skin? Or will you uninstall the game the day you find out there's a toggle on/off button in your arsenal? 🤣🤣

True

Edited by (XBOX)Spiderwick3666
  • Like 2

hace 59 minutos, Digital_Malz dijo:

For you they don't exist, aquatic levels cause me a lot of anxiety, even if those huge fish at the bottom of the water in Uranus are just part of the mosaic, but like jade, this is a totally subjective problem, DE does not have to invest time and resources in this, it is up to each person to overcome it.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

For you they don't exist, aquatic levels cause me a lot of anxiety, even if those huge fish at the bottom of the water in Uranus are just part of the mosaic, but like jade, this is a totally subjective problem, DE does not have to invest time and resources in this, it is up to each person to overcome it.

Really? You know, I have problems with Citrine. Those "hanging parts" of hers cause me some strange agony. I could never play with her. But it seems that not enough players have manifested the same discomfort as ours to make it to DE's ears.

That's what I've said, my friend. Of course there are a lot of triggers in any game. And of course it is impossible to forecast and solve each one of them. But, when a significant number of players manifest a point... well.. don't you think it is at least fair that de developer check on this? 

After all, changes happen because of feedback. If nobody complains, nothing changes. The more something affects a community, the more likely it is to be addressed.

And, yes, DE must invest time in resources in every possible way to make their player base satisfied. Because a game survives because of its players. The more players manifest concerns on a topic, the more a developer must pay attention to it. 

Nobody is asking for a total reformulation of the game. Some people are just asking for a skin, or for a button. Don't you think you're too egoistical to say that these people do not have the right to ask for it? Specially, I go back to my argument, about something that will not in any way affect your gameplay. Do you feel bothered because Excalibur has so many different skins? So, why do you bother if DE decides to launch a non-pregnant skin for Jade? Don't you think is too selfish of yours? If tomorrow DE decides to launch this skin, will you stop playing? Will you come to forums and manifest how disturbed you feel by a non-pregnant skin for Jade? Will you open a feedback topic to complain that DE launched a skin? Will you boycott people that play with that skin? I don't think so. Right? And I totally understand you don't want this skin (or toggle). But do you really feel the need of cheering against it??

• Like 2

hace 20 minutos, Digital_Malz dijo:

Really? You know, I have problems with Citrine. Those "hanging parts" of hers cause me some strange agony. I could never play with her. But it seems that not enough players have manifested the same discomfort as ours to make it to DE's ears.

That's what I've said, my friend. Of course there are a lot of triggers in any game. And of course it is impossible to forecast and solve each one of them. But, when a significant number of players manifest a point... well.. don't you think it is at least fair that de developer check on this? 

After all, changes happen because of feedback. If nobody complains, nothing changes. The more something affects a community, the more likely it is to be addressed.

And, yes, DE must invest time in resources in every possible way to make their player base satisfied. Because a game survives because of its players. The more players manifest concerns on a topic, the more a developer must pay attention to it. 

Nobody is asking for a total reformulation of the game. Some people are just asking for a skin, or for a button. Don't you think you're too egoistical to say that these people do not have the right to ask for it? Specially, I go back to my argument, about something that will not in any way affect your gameplay. Do you feel bothered because Excalibur has so many different skins? So, why do you bother if DE decides to launch a non-pregnant skin for Jade? Don't you think is too selfish of yours? If tomorrow DE decides to launch this skin, will you stop playing? Will you come to forums and manifest how disturbed you feel by a non-pregnant skin for Jade? Will you open a feedback topic to complain that DE launched a skin? Will you boycott people that play with that skin? I don't think so. Right? And I totally understand you don't want this skin (or toggle). But do you really feel the need of cheering against it??

Didn't you read the first comment I made? I said that you could also wait for a deluxe skin that doesn't have a belly, these designs vary a lot from the original appearance, like with Yareli, who stopped being an idol or hydroid, who went from a pirate to a sea monster.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vilmera said:

please keep your phobias to yourself. don't make your problems someone else's

asking for an optional toggle is making it your problem how? doesnt effect you at all. so why exactly are you here replying?

Edited by latetier
  • Like 4

13小时前 , Digital_Malz 说:

If you don't care. Why do you bother being here showing how much you don't care? If you don't care, great. But why working against a genuine request? You don't need to be here showing how much you don't care about other peoples feelings. You won't see me in topics that I do not care about. People are asking for a solution that won't affect YOUR gameplay in anyway. A dang toggle on/off button. I play with GORE OFF and you will never know that, and it will never affect your gameplay. So why do you bother? If you don't, and you're not willing to side with these people, at least don't work against them. 

Because it is a forum. I have the right to express my point of view.

I am against the idea of any toggle on/off of Jade design, just in case I was not being clear enough. Because I consider this as a form of censorship.

The request of Jade toggle has no valid reason other than "I felt uncomfortable". The reason why people felt uncomfortable was because Jade resemble pregnancy in a looter shooter. As stated already, personal feeling is not a sufficient justification. Even then we may argue that Tenno version of Jade is not pregnant, it was stated quite clearly in the quest but people will ignore this anyway. The bottom line is, there is no reason why pregnancy should not be depicted in games. Legally it was not prohibited like body private parts.

You keep asking "why not make it a toggle it won't affect you", on the contrary, I will give you reasons why it should not be a toggle. It is because Jade design is a coherent package with her background, lore and quest. Jade design is the aesthetic decision made by the design team in DE. It is a crucial part of her theme. I respect DE for this decision. I will also add that it is a bold decision as well and I will give DE credit. Because of these reasons, your request, which is based on nothing but personal feeling, invalidates the entire artistic and creative decision of DE and is highly disrespectful to the development team. That is the reason why I have to express my point of view, not only as a player, but also as a person who respects the creative freedom of others. That is the reason why, to me, it is the same as replacing xenomorph (artistic creation of HR Giger) with grizzly bear. Even if they change the movie just for you one person to watch, it is an insult.

If you don't like xenomorph, don't watch the Aliens. If you don't like Jade, don't play this game. You have no right to make such demand.

Edited by RichardKam
  • Like 4

10小时前 , (PSN)Frost_Nephilim 说:

Thats how games die though. If you naturally are able to produce ideas that are okay with the majority of people, then you dont really need to know peoples personal feelings. Or if your objective is to make 1 game and you dont care about reputation to increase your earnings in the next game you make, you can ignore personal feelings too

However most professional developers nowadays gather peoples personal feelings to see what is commonly felt, and often make changes accordingly because they want the player base to grow and be entertained/happy. Even if you are just making games for money, it still works in your favor to pay attention to how people feel about your game, you can almost let them guide the game for you and you keep making increasing income off of it.

That's how games die LOL. Over Waframe 10 years of history, how many times did DE ask for player vote on something? How many times did DE gave in to mob tactics? "Heirloom! Dante!" I can hear. How about ammo nerf? AoE nerf? Wukong nerf? Glaive nerf? All the nerf in history? How about the whole status rework? Archon shard? Did DE ask you before introducing them? No. You are merely informed.

Let me tell you one thing. Professional developers gather peoples feelings, but seldom response to every one of them. They pick the useful one and change their product accordingly. "Developers listen to your feedback" is true. They listen, but they don't always act on them. Do you know why? Because players thought they know exactly what they wanted, but in fact players do not know what they wanted. Every professional developer will tell you "listen to player feedback, but never trust all of them".

The last time DE act exactly on player feedback was Corpus Railjack "we want more warframe content". DE gave you exactly this. Warframe mission in Corpusjack. People hated it. That was a harsh lesson. That was how Railjack die.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

I am against the idea of any toggle on/off of Jade design, just in case I was not being clear enough. Because I consider this as a form of censorship.

The request of Jade toggle has no valid reason other than "I felt uncomfortable". The reason why people felt uncomfortable was because Jade resemble pregnancy in a looter shooter. As stated already, personal feeling is not a sufficient justification. Even then we may argue that Tenno version of Jade is not pregnant, it was stated quite clearly in the quest but people will ignore this anyway. The bottom line is, there is no reason why pregnancy should not be depicted in games. Legally it was not prohibited like body private parts.

You keep asking "why not make it a toggle it won't affect you", on the contrary, I will give you reasons why it should not be a toggle. It is because Jade design is a coherent package with her background, lore and quest. Jade design is the aesthetic decision made by the design team in DE. It is a crucial part of her theme. I respect DE for this decision. I will also add that it is a bold decision as well and I will give DE credit. Because of these reasons, your request, which is based on nothing but personal feeling, invalidates the entire artistic and creative decision of DE and is highly disrespectful to the development team. That is the reason why I have to express my point of view, not only as a player, but also as a person who respects the creative freedom of others. That is the reason why, to me, it is the same as replacing xenomorph (artistic creation of HR Giger) with grizzly bear. Even if they change the movie just for you one person to watch, it is an insult.

If you don't like xenomorph, don't watch the Aliens. If you don't like Jade, don't play this game. You have no right to make such demand.

While it is true that forums are places for expressing opinions, it's essential to consider the nuances of respectful discourse and the impact of various viewpoints on a community. Here are some counterarguments:

1. **Community Inclusivity**: Forums are communities where people with diverse backgrounds and sensitivities converge. While artistic integrity is vital, so is the consideration of community members' comfort. Providing a toggle option for Jade's design can help make the game more inclusive without compromising the artistic vision, as those who appreciate the design can keep it as is.

2. **User Experience**: Games are designed for player enjoyment. If a significant portion of the player base feels uncomfortable with a particular design, it’s worth considering their feedback. A toggle option is a compromise that caters to varying preferences without forcing a single vision on everyone.

3. **Adaptation and Flexibility**: Art and design can evolve. Providing options does not inherently disrespect the creative team; instead, it shows a willingness to adapt and consider player feedback. This flexibility can enhance the relationship between developers and the community.

4. **Censorship vs. Choice**: Offering a toggle is not censorship; it’s about giving players a choice. Censorship implies the suppression of content, whereas a toggle provides an option to view or not view specific content, respecting individual preferences.

5. **Precedents in Gaming**: Many games include options to customize content to suit player preferences (e.g., gore toggles, difficulty settings). These options don't dilute the artistic integrity of the game but rather enhance player satisfaction and accessibility.

In conclusion, while respecting artistic decisions is crucial, acknowledging and addressing player concerns through customizable options can lead to a more inclusive and enjoyable gaming experience.

Edited by (XBOX)Spiderwick3666
  • Like 1

6分钟前 , (XBOX)Spiderwick3666 说:

The whole part of this site is to make suggestions for Warframe based on player understanding, your logic holds no weight here. And while it is a personal feeling, it spreads to a large majority of people and players alike, nothing would change from adding a toggle and if you don't like people being upfront with there feelings on a particular subject you should get off the internet.

First, I was not responding to you.

Second, large majority? Doubt. Warframe has ~100k registered players at least. A few upvote on this forum or discord is nothing. Show me the number, or you are explicitly lying.

I have already stated why adding a toggle is detrimental and insulting. It is far from "nothing would change". I was responding to the toggle thing, not your precious feeling. No one cares how you feel, but people care about adding an insulting and censoring toggle in game. Learn the difference.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

I will ask one simple question, and I want a simple YES or NO answer. 

I have turned off gore in my options tab. 

Are you currently facing any problems with gore in you're gameplay?

If your answer to this question is NO. Then all your argument about censorship has turned to dust. 

Also, gore is part of original "creative design", but the developer has decided to allow us the option of turning it off.

No arguments. Just YES or NO.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Spiderwick3666 said:

While it is true that forums are places for expressing opinions, it's essential to consider the nuances of respectful discourse and the impact of various viewpoints on a community. Here are some counterarguments:

1. **Community Inclusivity**: Forums are communities where people with diverse backgrounds and sensitivities converge. While artistic integrity is vital, so is the consideration of community members' comfort. Providing a toggle option for Jade's design can help make the game more inclusive without compromising the artistic vision, as those who appreciate the design can keep it as is.

2. **User Experience**: Games are designed for player enjoyment. If a significant portion of the player base feels uncomfortable with a particular design, it’s worth considering their feedback. A toggle option is a compromise that caters to varying preferences without forcing a single vision on everyone.

3. **Adaptation and Flexibility**: Art and design can evolve. Providing options does not inherently disrespect the creative team; instead, it shows a willingness to adapt and consider player feedback. This flexibility can enhance the relationship between developers and the community.

4. **Censorship vs. Choice**: Offering a toggle is not censorship; it’s about giving players a choice. Censorship implies the suppression of content, whereas a toggle provides an option to view or not view specific content, respecting individual preferences.

5. **Precedents in Gaming**: Many games include options to customize content to suit player preferences (e.g., gore toggles, difficulty settings). These options don't dilute the artistic integrity of the game but rather enhance player satisfaction and accessibility.

In conclusion, while respecting artistic decisions is crucial, acknowledging and addressing player concerns through customizable options can lead to a more inclusive and enjoyable gaming experience.

Fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latetier said:

asking for an optional toggle is making it your problem how? doesnt effect you at all. so why exactly are you here replying?

this is a public discussion, that's why i'm replying here. and this is reply to your hypocrisy, not to asking for optional toggle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

invalidates the entire artistic and creative decision of DE and is highly disrespectful to the development team. That is the reason why I have to express my point of view, not only as a player, but also as a person who respects the creative freedom of others.

Another question for you, so worried about DE's creative design and respect to the creative freedom of others.

In Options tab you'll find some options to adjust the game for people with color disabilities. These options will totally "mess up" original colors, going against all creative design of a team that for sure spend some hours deciding on the best colors and contrasts and so on for each frame and scenario. 

If I use color blindness settings in my game, do you feel I am somehow censoring your freedom? Or should DE ban my account because I'm not using their original creative design? 

In fact, considering that only around 8% of men and only 1% of women suffer from some kind of color blindness. Should DE simply remove this option from Options? It seems that its not enough for your, right? Why bother... 

Edited by Digital_Malz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

I also have another question for you:

My favorite Mag skin is Mag Pneuma Skin. This skin is so unusual that the first time I saw that frame in a relay, I didn't know it was Mag, because that skin simply altered Mag to the point of becoming unrecognizable. It clearly goes totally against Mag's original concept. 

When you see another player using that skin, are you somehow censored and prevented from using another skin on your Mag? 

Do you think that DE should revise and remove that skin, as well as other skins, because it is disrespectful to the development team? 

What about the option of removing Kullervo's knifes? Isn't it affront to the developers team? 

• Like 1

20分钟前 , Digital_Malz 说:

I will ask one simple question, and I want a simple YES or NO answer. 

I have turned off gore in my options tab. 

Are you currently facing any problems with gore in you're gameplay?

If your answer to this question is NO. Then all your argument about censorship has turned to dust. 

Also, gore is part of original "creative design", but the developer has decided to allow us the option of turning it off.

No arguments. Just YES or NO.

11分钟前 , Digital_Malz 说:

Another question for you, so worried about DE's creative design and respect to the creative freedom of others.

In Options tab you'll find some options to adjust the game for people with color disabilities. These options will totally "mess up" original colors, going against all creative design of a team that for sure spend some hours deciding on the best colors and contrasts and so on for each frame and scenario. 

If I use color blindness settings in my game, do you feel I am somehow censoring your freedom? Or should DE ban my account because I'm not using their original creative design? 

You won't receive a YES or NO from me because it was a loaded question. You should stop using this argument tactics because it was really, really old school. Most people won't fall for that.

First, gore toggle or color filter was put there by the developers themselves. It is their choice of adding gore toggle. Secondly, gore setting is pretty common in digital entertainment, sometimes for regulatory reasons in certain countries. In fact in some countries it is mandatory to turn off gore in order to sell. Third, gore toggle might be used because blood splatter and dismemberment takes time to load. I also turn down the particle effect for that reason. Forth, color option was put there because some players were limited by their physical disabilities, not psychological disabilities. People cannot change their visual disabilities. I suggest you not to use such thing for your argument because it was marginally discriminatory.

Going back to pregnancy toggle. All of the above does not apply.

See the difference?

20分钟前 , Digital_Malz 说:

Fantastic.

I won't seek support from AI if I were you.

Anyway, if these are all you want to say, then you concession is accepted.

• Like 4

Just now, RichardKam said:

First, gore toggle or color filter was put there by the developers themselves. It is their choice of adding gore toggle. Secondly, gore setting is pretty common in digital entertainment, sometimes for regulatory reasons in certain countries. In fact in some countries it is mandatory to turn off gore in order to sell. Third, gore toggle might be used because blood splatter and dismemberment takes time to load. I also turn down the particle effect for that reason. Forth, color option was put there because some players were limited by their physical disabilities, not psychological disabilities. People cannot change their visual disabilities. I suggest you not to use such thing for your argument because it was marginally discriminatory.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know it would be possible for somebody else but the developers themselves to provide an alternative for Jade.

And I didn't know psychological disabilities were less important than physical ones. Sorry.

My argument was intentional just to unveil how weak and full of prejudice is yours. You just told me that people with mental disabilities are less important than people with physical ones. 

And of course you did not answer with a YES or NO to my question. Because if you did, you'd make clear that your "censorship" argument makes absolute no sense.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

You won't receive a YES or NO from me because it was a loaded question. You should stop using this argument tactics because it was really, really old school. Most people won't fall for that.

See the difference?

Saying that physical disabilities are worse than mental disabilities is a horrible thought process and asking which is worse being not able to properly see your family, friends, or any loved ones ever again or not being able to leave your confinement cell because the thoughts In your head keep telling you to set people on fire. The answer is both are horrible.

And such pity you call my narrative expertise an artificial facade of real human tranquility. 

• Like 1

1小时前 , RichardKam 说:

See the difference?

btw to the whole toggle issue, DE kind of confirmed the notion that Jade's belly is an aesthetic design choice from their team and no toggle will be implemented (of course).

In case anyone missed this.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Spiderwick3666 said:

Saying that physical disabilities are worse than mental disabilities

Guys, guys. this isnt a contest. you dont have to convince anyone of anything. Just post your reasons for wanting a toggle, or not, as if you're adressing DE and thats as much as any of us need to do.

• Like 2