Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Gyre Change

Fiedra

25 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

Her 1 is one of her best abilities. 2 is much more suited for subsume.

Both skills do essentially the same thing, just 2 groups and 1 doesnt. And grouping is good because electricity scales better with crowds. I guess, you can shoot that 1 into chokepoints  and think you are Protea (but you are not).

8 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Both skills do essentially the same thing, just 2 groups and 1 doesnt. And grouping is good because electricity scales better with crowds. I guess, you can shoot that 1 into chokepoints  and think you are Protea (but you are not).

Not quite the same thing. Her 1 has a damage boost on the initial explosion which means higher electric damage. Paired with viral and armor strip, she kills things by just standing there with her 1. 

31 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

Paired with viral and armor strip

Anything kills paired with viral and armor strip (esspecially armor strip). That is what her 4 is for (along with Cathode Grace).

31 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

she kills things by just standing there with her 1. 

So with that change you basically get more standing, instead of movement based gameplay like it is with 4/Cathode Grace interaction.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Anything kills paired with viral and armor strip (esspecially armor strip). That is what her 4 is for (along with Cathode Grace).

So with that change you basically get more standing, instead of movement based gameplay like it is with 4/Cathode Grace interaction.

Arguing just to argue huh. Whats stopping gyre from being mobile while tossing 3 death balls in all directions? Nothing. The fact I can stand in one spot without using any guns to kill enemies is to make a point of how powerful her 1 ability is paired with 3rd and 4th.

Of course anything dies with viral and armor strip. Its the most effective way to play gyre, and the most fun for me. If you like her 2 ability, go ahead.

Le 22/06/2024 à 17:11, Zakkhar a dit :

People dont subsume over her 1?

1 lets you hold places and kill things while you're elsewhere.

2 basically only has value against groupable enemies.

It all depends on what spell you're going to subsume in the end I'd say, but if you're gonna do damage, it's going to be pillage more often than not. In which case with strength shards, even a high range build ends up able to fullstrip armor when corrosive projection is in the equation. Investing in just a bit of duration, using Molt Efficiency on top, and suddenly you get Pillage to expand quite far, while your Arcsphere keep applying damage in a very wide area, getting you some easy kills which will in turn force electric attacks from Cathode Grace+Rotorswell. With that sort of survivability and kill potential, it's easy to see why Gyre completely dominates the circuit in duviri, even if you're not lucky with decrees, so naturally, it gets really stupid when you get cold procs on crits (since that'll apply from your abilities, since they crit), extra damage on cold proc'd enemies, viral from cold or toxin procs, status spreading, status double damage, double critical damage... Gyre gets out of hand real fast in there, but she's very strong from the get go with Arcsphere and Pillage. You can't assume people only use her 1 as a subsume slot, unless you pay no mind to the actual quality of the builds that are made, some people sick in the end do end up using primed sure footed on Atlas, of all frames, go figure.

3 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

it's easy to see why Gyre completely dominates the circuit in duviri,

It does? For me there is not enough enemies on SP to be able to feed the upkeep of her 3, even when hosting myself.

3 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

1 lets you hold places and kill things while you're elsewhere.

Now apply this to the change proposed in OP, what do you get?

il y a 26 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

Now apply this to the change proposed in OP, what do you get?

Rotorswell2.

That's what you'd get, I guess.

Arcsphere being stationary is reliable, but having it moving on its own CAN provide more kills depending on enemy spawns and the like. Now if it were an augment...