Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

All that rework... aimed at nerfing SP Grineer ?

And that's it ?

Because since the update, I couldn't bother with checking all my builds everywhere, so I just kept whatever I had equipped. For new weapons, I just slotted the standard mods everywhere, trying some elements here and there but nothing crazy. Like "7 capacity points remaining ? Let's put the Radiation mod". Absolutely braindead weapon building.

And... All enemies are getting destroyed in Steel Path. All of 'em. SP Alerts against Corpus, Amalgam Corpus, Infested, Grineer, Kuva, Murmur. Archon Hunts. Ascension. Netracells. Even garbage-modded Cantare (because I hate those weapons so I couldn't bother with putting a potato on it) can deal with all enemies in game with the same build.

Remember pre-U36 ? Infested & Corpus were a joke, SP Grineer and some units for other factions gave you some challenge. Now I feel like I'm a two-handed glaive heated by the power of the sun trying to cut through a slice of butter, wherever I go.

I'm not sure what this update aimed at, but I sure won't be spending too much time working on elements. Will just fit whatever fits, maybe checking some interaction with Arcanes (Influence or Cascadia for example) and call it a day. It will zerg everything this game has to put in front of me.

So :

Was this update aimed at making Grineer as lame as everything else ? I would have expected a small nerf on high-end Grineers, but a boost to literally everything else to have an even ground where elements matter

Was this update aimed at early-game leveling ? I don't know how it looks like for new players tbh but I can't believe such work was aimed toward something that probably lasts 25 minutes nowadays.

Was this update aimed at the whole 4 people doing level-cap content, where maybe stuff is more interesting now ? Is it ?

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Was this update aimed at the whole 4 people doing level-cap content, where maybe stuff is more interesting now ? Is it ?

The updated statuses are fun, but armoured enemies being weaker while we simultaneously just got stronger actually makes it less interesting than before. A lot less build craft within restrictions, a lot more "just take whatever, anything works" regardless of faction. It's the kind of thing that seems fun at first with that the "everything is viable" vibes but it gets stale quickly, you never get to enjoy winning if you never fail

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, SabreWalrus said:

It's the kind of thing that seems fun at first with that the "everything is viable" vibes but it gets stale quickly, you never get to enjoy winning if you never fail

Yep that's the fear I have. It's cool when you don't have much time (which is my situation nowadays), slap all the mods you can and it'll do the job anyway, but it also means you never really need to minmax anything.

I feel that the SP Grineer are a bit less durable, but the SP infested more durable than before. Maybe it's the health rework?

Also I swear everything hits harder than it used to...maybe that's just me? 

3 hours ago, Reishadowen said:

I feel that the SP Grineer are a bit less durable, but the SP infested more durable than before. Maybe it's the health rework?

Also I swear everything hits harder than it used to...maybe that's just me? 

Enemy health got increased scaling while armor is capped so the difference in TTK is hardly noticeable for Grineer, but noticeable for health reliant factions

vor 11 Minuten schrieb GPrime96:

Enemy health got increased scaling while armor is capped so the difference in TTK is hardly noticeable for Grineer, but noticeable for health reliant factions

actually it's weird that they do it. because viral+heat was a popular combo, wasn't it? at least i kept seeing viral in the group and then i switched completely to corr+cold to complement it all.
but at the moment magnetic+something probably makes more sense.

I use Corrosive/Heat to full strip and technically my TTK should be lower since HP got increased but the damage we do is too OP to notice. Demolishers got a hefty buff, they are like 6 times or so tankier. 

Overall, you should be stronger if not playing Slash or armor strip, and weaker if you do.

Overall I think enemy difficulty should not be based on how much health they have. make an enemy too spongey and they will just become tedious make an enemy too dangerous and they become frustrating. The trick is to find that middle ground where an enemy is threatening but not groan inducing.  armor was miles above any other overall health stat that enemies had witch made high level Grineer  slow to kill if you didn't armor strip them. meanwhile shields on enemies being made to be as strong would make people pissed so a nerf to armor makes sense. I like the concept of the new jade enemies to address this problem but they need some tuning. but I think overall the nerf to armor is a net positive if they can shift the focus more to making enemies feel unique to deal with rather than just change some mods for the faction type. Wile moding is fun it should not be the only interaction we have with enemy difficulty. And if you feel the game is becoming too easy try improving the effency of you builds or trying new ones. Complaining about the game becoming easier for your level 9999 super kill build is just plain old silly because you essentially engineered that build to be overpowered. This is a sandbox game in the endgame pretty much so if you are not having fun try a different strategy don't complain when the devs try to make things more approachable for new players in a game notorious for a poor new player experience.