Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zanuka's Abilities Are Too Op

Rawmelon123

for those of you guys that have not fought alad V please go on a full team and not solo because zanuka is already too op for a expert to solo since their buff and alad's lighting bolt blinds you to the point where zanuka can easily sneak up and decimate you.

Zanuka's anti-matter drop also one-shot players with medium health and shields plus those frame with high health will be left with no speed to even outrun alad and zanuka.

so i'm asking the community if they are too op and should DE nerf them to and acceptable level or remove some of their abilities? 

just went again after seeing post to verify. Solo'd him easily. I am rank 13 though with every possible thing maxxed.

Ditto here. Rhino and Soma butchered both under 6 seconds.

However, whether their difficulty is aimed towards early-mid to late game players or just a balance issue is to be questioned.

Uh... No.  Just no.

Running the map solo using Rhino and Boar Prime, Alad V and Zanuka are both dead in a single, long burst.  The two of them last all of 3-5 seconds tops.  They're no challenge whatsoever.

Using a lower level warframe without all the bells and whistles (Valkyr at rank 12 using Cernos at rank 16), they're a little more challenging but not unbeatable or "OP" in any way.  It takes considerably longer to finish the fight, of course, but it doesn't need to be nerfed.

In a group, the fight is a cakewalk.  Solo, with high level gear, it's a cakewalk.  Perhaps these "expert" players need to up their game some.

Pffft, you serious? Zanuka is a joke right now. I had no idea how the fight was gonna go, and I still soloed the fight on my first try with nothing but a Rhino (didn't use any ability other than Charge) and a Lex, while keeping them alive to take screenshots and gather info for the wiki. The only threat the fight actually possessed was the swarm of enemies the map keeps spawning!

You probably just didn't take a tanky enough frame to block the guided missiles.

You don't need to tank his missiles, in fact Zanuka's missiles are far easier to dodge than Hyena or Jackal's air bursting missile.

Get close to him and it is pathetic.

You want ez mode ?

Mag

1) Pull 

2) Shield Polarize.

3) Shield Polarize 

4) Shoot them (if they aren't dead already)

Rhino

1) Rush forward, your iron skin doesn't matter but if you are too slow, the missiles and drop will smack your face.

2) Press 4

3) Shoot salad.

4) If you have enough energy, stomp again.

Shoot zanuka.

Edited by fatpig84

You know, I think it should be a standard thing for these threads to post your Mastery Rank.  Obviously I haven't had a chance to fight the guy (they just announced that U11 is undergoing certification), but I'm not going to have things like the Soma to do it with, not top end mods.  I am, however, running through Jupiter missions (and Mars, and Saturn), and think it should be reasonable for me to expect the boss to be challenging, but certainly well within the realm of possibility to beat when I do fight him.

for those of you guys that have not fought alad V please go on a full team and not solo because zanuka is already too op for a expert to solo since their buff and alad's lighting bolt blinds you to the point where zanuka can easily sneak up and decimate you.

Zanuka's anti-matter drop also one-shot players with medium health and shields plus those frame with high health will be left with no speed to even outrun alad and zanuka.

so i'm asking the community if they are too op and should DE nerf them to and acceptable level or remove some of their abilities? 

Who is this "expert" and wheres your proof. I think the boss fights easy solo or with a group. Also things are scaled down in solo so why would the boss be tougher there ? unless you run in with an unmodded frame with no idea how to fight it.

Im mastery rank 14 if that gives insight to my post since i read someone was talking about people posting their rank.

Edited by Overlord_Hades

I haven't done Alad V since I got all 3 parts for Valkyr, which was before the update, but I usually use Excal's Super Jump when I get hit by Alad's Blind or Zanuka's slowball. By the time I'm in the air, the effects would've worn off. Have they changed the duration of both? ._.

Im mastery rank 14 if that gives insight to my post since i read someone was talking about people posting their rank.

Indicating that you're not who this boss is supposed to challenge.  I don't expect to be past Rank 3 or 4 when I fight this guy for the first time.