The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Rhino questions

(XBOX)S3NS3I ROSHI

Question

Hello. New to the game still in my starter Warframe(Excalibur). Been doing a little research and I think I’d enjoy the Rhino Warframe so I’ve been collecting the ingredients/parts to make him(got everything but gallium now). However I wanted to get some opinions on what mods I should focus on. I’ll likely play him pretty much “Run in , trash the place and survive” brainless style(kinda how I’ve played Excalibur so far and having a blast) so I’d need mods/companions and such that could accommodate that as far as it can carry me.

Looking for tips or advice to help me enjoy him the way I enjoy playing. Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

You shouldn't bother too much with specific builds this early on, and just try to get basic mods like health (Vitality), armor (Steel Fiber) and skill stats (mostly Strength).

Rhino can carry you pretty far with just Iron Skin and Roar, so you probably want to focus on Strength (Intensify) for these two skills. Streamline and Flow will help you with energy, Continuity will make your Roar and Stomp last a bit longer, and range (Stretch) will make the Charge and Stomp reach a bit further.

Later you might want Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise to minmax Strength and Duration.

Taxon will be a good sentinel for a while because of the cold weapon and shield recharge.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

You shouldn't bother too much with specific builds this early on, and just try to get basic mods like health (Vitality), armor (Steel Fiber) and skill stats (mostly Strength).

Rhino can carry you pretty far with just Iron Skin and Roar, so you probably want to focus on Strength (Intensify) for these two skills. Streamline and Flow will help you with energy, Continuity will make your Roar and Stomp last a bit longer, and range (Stretch) will make the Charge and Stomp reach a bit further.

Later you might want Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise to minmax Strength and Duration.

Taxon will be a good sentinel for a while because of the cold weapon and shield recharge.

Thank you!!! This is exactly the kind of info I’m looking for!

• Like 1

I'd say maybe get "Equilibrium". As long as you have energy, Rhino is going to deal great damage with Roar and survive with Iron Skin, and Equilibrium is a really cheap and powerful way to increase your energy intake.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)S3NS3I ROSHI:

Thank you!!! This is exactly the kind of info I’m looking for!

Unfortunately, that's not true at all. I played Rhino for too long and that was my favorite for credit farming back then.

Rhino's strength is his "iron skin" skill in my opinion. So you can do without defense altogether and master the missions with power str. Vitality, armor, shield are only needed by other Warframes. But! It's about low level missions and Rhino doesn't need that much defense..... but otherwise check the wiki. It describes very well how the skill scales with vitality, armor, etc.: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rhino#Abilities

The second skill would be dmg buff. But here you need duration. So for a terminator mode you need duration mods (ideally) as well as power str mods. Because some people like to constantly cast skills. But I don't.

And!!! extremely important!!! get the mod for free (ask in chat, allliance etc):
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Nexus

the mod is super cheap and I always give away my mods when trading. Because 3 energy per second means a lot and then you have a fox face in the game because nobody can kill you and your weapons hit hard...