The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any sentinel weapons even come close to verglas?

_Anise_

Question

Posted (edited)

I've invested 7 forma into my Verglas and paired it with a really nice Riven mod. It proves quite effective against most high-level adversaries in the content I engage with, although I anticipate it may lose its edge over time.

Recently, I've been contemplating a switch to a different sentinel weapon with higher critical stats, primarily to activate the critical damage bond mod.

I experimented with the Vulklok, invested in a catalyst, and loaded it with mods. While it does trigger my critical bond, I must admit it feels lackluster in combat. My sentinel lacks stopping power, often missing shots and due to its slow fire rate, seems ineffective.

Regrettably, the only other high-critical weapon option appears to be another sniper, the Vulcax.

I have two questions: Do either of these weapons synergize well with hard engage to match the effectiveness of the Verglas? And more broadly, is it worthwhile to invest in either of these alternatives, or do they underperform in practice?

Edited by _Anise_

I think most players in the advanced levels don't bother with their sentinel being modded for kills. Most mod for status proc or certain QoL benefits such as slow (boss fight with cold proc). 

Verglas does the second very well.

Verglas isn't the best for status applications. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Verglas isn't the best for status applications. 

It probably is for single target cold procs in combination with Shivering Contagion.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Thorham:

It probably is for single target cold procs in combination with Shivering Contagion.

exactly that. plus corr proc. and with riven it does very good damage. especially when all normal mobs have been shot down, verglas comes into play. it slows down a lot, removes most of the armor and the rest is done by viral+heat or magnetic+heat weapons or something else. for elite enemies it means checkmate

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

That's literally what I said...but not to apply multiple status to many enemies 

You said status application, that is very broad term. If you wrote (Status) Priming it would be more obvious what you mean.

As for the topic. I really really prefer Hellstrum as Verglas attack tends to bug out Diriga's Arc Coil.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Thorham said:

Not exactly what I had in mind. Insta group freeze:

you can also use the bond mods on digira to make arc coil apply status from the weapon, it will do a cold status AOE every few seconds too

frosty!❄️

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

you can also use the bond mods on digira to make arc coil apply status from the weapon, it will do a cold status AOE every few seconds too

The problem with that is if you run cold, you can only add corrosive or gas or just run pure cold and that is not very good for Priming.

46 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

The problem with that is if you run cold, you can only add corrosive or gas or just run pure cold and that is not very good for Priming.

I run cold corrosive and radiation on mine

6 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:
53 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I run cold corrosive and radiation on mine

So then it doesnt do much damage, so for priming with Coil, Hellstrum is much better choice as it has higher range and is AoE.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

That's literally what I said...but not to apply multiple status to many enemies 

Sorry, I completely missed that somehow.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

actually pointless, because you throw away all the dmg

My Exalted Blade build does the damage. My sentinel is for utility.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

here it slows down more than well

I want the emphasis to be on freezing groups of enemies as quickly as possible, although this might be a bit much.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

So then it doesnt do much damage

cold 178
corrosive 168.4
radiation 67.1
total 787.4

my riven is 90% toxin x1.46 damage to grineer and 61% fire rate

the total was closer to 1000 when instead of radiated reload I had primed cryo rounds but the 3 status effects means alone it can activate manifold bond to cast more abilities (also I can kill the stuff it primed before it died to revive it quicker)

It does decent enough damage, bur I am open to suggestions of on ther elemental combinations I could run?

maybe its better to run more damage and not bother trying to activate manifold?

Edited by _Anise_

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Very interesting. I'm still using Taxon, so there's certainly room for improvement.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Thorham said:

Very interesting. I'm still using Taxon, so there's certainly room for improvement.

the cooldown is so little, it goes great with mystic bond and manifold.

I was originally using taxon too, but I wasn't sure how much shield it was generating because I thought maybe the shield conversion didn't scale with level due it it converting based on damage it dealt? but I wasn't sure

Edited by _Anise_

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Manifold Bond doesn't trigger if the companion killed the enemy?

not sure, the tooltip states "killing enemies" without specifiying if its the warframe or not, I didn't test but its priming 3 status effects via aoe guarantied without needed status due to manifold so chances are something I shoot is going to die with those effects and reduce the cooldowns of my companion, which is going to make it use abilities more and spread more status

Edited by _Anise_

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Thorham:

My Exalted Blade build does the damage. My sentinel is for utility.

I want the emphasis to be on freezing groups of enemies as quickly as possible, although this might be a bit much.

both variants do that. but if you play excal with mod, then corr is of little use to you. and my excal with 2k health buffer zergs so hard in sp that he doesn't need an external cc. he can also blind and usually has a lot of energy.

anyway, let's look at the stats. because 12% for second proc means that there is almost never a second proc. because the difference between 10% and 20% is extreme. and for single proc, 70%-80% is more than enough. above all, there are 18 shots!

but I don't want to force anything on anyone. because I don't care. however, I welcome people who are willing to experiment.

I think i posted in some other thread but Viral/Heat for Grineer and Magnetic/Toxin for Corpus Verglas can shred even lvl1k easily. Even stronger with the new elementalist mod added. Just use Contagious bond on your sentinel. 

As to OP's question, no. Other companion weapons cannot perform anywhere close to Verglas when it comes to kills. For priming i personally use a hound because Repo Audit is stupid strong. If you have to use a sentinel then go for Helstrum.

• Like 1

i wouldnt even think to use sentinel weapons for kills. sentinels are far more useful as qol enhancers. when i can get 100+ kpm with my frame...using sentinels for kills seems kinda pointless, especially single target kills.

there are a bunch or reasons to use other weapons. for example...i use the helstrum on my cordon nautilus. nautilus grabs everyone and drops them in a pile at my feet, all while blasting them with a gazillion stat procs.  one swing at the pile of bodies by my dual ichor modded for elec/gas with melee influence on it...and everyone in the room dies.

i mean sure...verglas is good if you want your sentinel to kill things, one at a time...but, im not sure why someone would want that. its highly inefficient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cha0sWyrM said:

yeah...and?

thats still inefficient.

using that you have to wait for it to kill things before it does anything at all. i can kill the whole map before verglas gets 3 kills.

From another thread. Not my vid. Keep in mind mine kills even faster because of riven. Also activating galv mods makes it much stronger.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Also activating galv mods makes it much stronger.

???

Can Sentinels activate their own Galvanised Mods? I thought that they couldn't due to how they're coded to only function when a Player has them.