Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before I've even started

Tigerwomble

Hi

On a number of occasions now, I have begun an open world mission, only for it to have failed by those i'm paired with before I have even started it.

This also feeds into the second issue. I have to traverse large swathes of open world, only to find that the mission has been complete.

This happening occasionally is to be expected, But both situations have happened now in more than half the missions i've begun.

Of course, there are missions that follow these with the squad who have either completed or failed the first mission. But then they leave.

The result is I spend half my time travelling to locations, failing without starting and/or finding myself without a squad.

T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerwomble said:

Hi

On a number of occasions now, I have begun an open world mission, only for it to have failed by those i'm paired with before I have even started it.

This also feeds into the second issue. I have to traverse large swathes of open world, only to find that the mission has been complete.

This happening occasionally is to be expected, But both situations have happened now in more than half the missions i've begun.

Of course, there are missions that follow these with the squad who have either completed or failed the first mission. But then they leave.

The result is I spend half my time travelling to locations, failing without starting and/or finding myself without a squad.

T.

Use the teleporters to speed up traversal in the open world.  Hold your map button (M by default) and click on one of the little person icons.

This doesn't solve all of your problems, and you bring up legitimate concerns.  But hopefully it eases some of the nuisance of hoofing it over the entire map.

I'll add on that you may also acquire a K-drive for free by completing the quest on Fortuna (Venus open world). The best method of traveling would be the archwing, but that will require some crafting beforehand.

Once you are done with the Fortuna quest, you may put your K-Drive deployer in a slot of your Gear wheel. That's the second tab in your arsenal (right above where you pick warframes). Then, when you're in a mission, simply press the gear wheel key (Q by default), then select the K-Drive deployer : congratulations, now you can ride towards the objective, going faster than on foot.

Do not spend a second on open worlds if you are just begining your adventure with Warframe. Those are huge timesinks and you are most likely not capable of doing them solo yet. Come back when you are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Do not spend a second on open worlds if you are just begining your adventure with Warframe. Those are huge timesinks and you are most likely not capable of doing them solo yet. Come back when you are. 

So true.  The fact that Plains of Eidolon is available so early in the progression is bad for new players. It's such a huge difference from all other nodes on Earth in terms of difficulty.  I don't think the Vey Hek mission even unlocks until you're well past Earth.

The second issue is that pub match is a risk in any content.  There is really no way to coordinate with the randos.  Many randos do not know how to complete the objective of many missions.  If you are attempting to do content specifically to farm for something or for a specific reward, it's best not to rely on pub match.  That said, I have more than once relied on the kindness (and skills) of strangers to get me through some difficult content, so I'm not saying all pub matching is bad.  I'm just saying, randos be randos and if you can't live with the vagaries of the chaos, then don't pub match.

Solo and learn how to complete the various flavors of tasks. Make and team with trusted friends and clan mates when you all have a shared goal you want to accomplish. Join pub matches for the hilarity and chaos.  Git guud. Git pals.  Have fun.

• Like 1

You could also try just sprinting straight for the archwing, just to QoL the rest of your open world experience. Now, it was before Fortuna when I did this myself, but I recall the main issue for open world archwing is like 200 iradite for the launcher? Obviously you're going to want to get the archwing itself first, but thats fine, just do the quick little outdated quest first to get it. Then you need the special launcher to get it in open world. I don't recall if there is anything in particular that's needed to get it's blueprint, but get that. Then there's the iradite. What I did is enter the plains solo, the I would run around looking for those parked dargyns and kill their pilots before they could get in. As far as I can tell, these things just spawn randomly (maybe only during the day?), so good luck. But yeah, so find one of those and use it to fly around looking for red spots on the ground, then shoot them and harvest. In particular, you can actually find special dargyns that have a light blue top piece; I swear these ones came with a long range loot radar installed, so the iradite would actually be marked on your minimap. Just as a generic loot marker mind you, but if one of those is in the middle of a field there's only like two things it can be. Now keep in mind that I did this a while ago, so all that could be completely irrelevant due to changes I don't know about, or I could flat out be remembering wrong.

On 2024-07-19 at 6:29 AM, Tigerwomble said:

Hi

T.

Hello. I imagine what's going on is that a large number of newer players are going into the Plains of Eidolon, not realizing the enemies in the Plains are much tougher than the prior fare and then getting crushed. I'd very much say this is a problem to be fixed.

1) From what I can tell they didn't acquaint you with the teleport system Sunderthefirmament described.

2) If it was a matter of simply adjusting the stats to make the Plains easier, I'd think that could be done, but a lot of the trouble on the Plains comes from the lack of cover and variety of more inherently nasty enemies such as bombards and ghouls. It might be wise of DE to prevent access to Plains missions until some threshold for player power is reached.

3) On the player side, I would speculatively mention that of the three starter Warframes, Mag is the only one that can press a button to recover health or shields, without that, someone's got to rely on the Taxon, passive shield recharge and health orbs, which means the steady flow of missiles and enemies that drop down on the Plains may wear down a player's health.

@Tigerwomble I'd recommend trying to make Rhino, whose blueprints are on Fossa, Venus. Frost on War, Mars is also worth the trouble I imagine, albeit somewhat specialized. This is mostly in light of the fact that there are groups failing missions on the Plains - those two frames have good defensive properties, but really it'd be smarter to move on, complete most of the starchart and start accessing more recent Warframes.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

On 2024-07-19 at 6:29 PM, Anonymouse7611 said:

The fact that Plains of Eidolon is available so early in the progression is bad for new players. It's such a huge difference from all other nodes on Earth in terms of difficulty.

The tier one bounties are only level 5 to 15, though.

3 hours ago, Thorham said:

The tier one bounties are only level 5 to 15, though.

If one selects Tier 1 bounty from Konsu, I think that may set the level of all the enemies in PoE to low levels, but what I remember from my first trip into POE was that enemies kept spawning without end and everything was harassing me and I struggled to say alive from just traveling from place to place on the plain.  This was before I had an archwing or a k-drive and before the game introduced teleport pads in the open worlds.  The bounty tasks were different from all other missions that I had experience with up to that point, and they are much harder when I was poorly equipped and couldn't fly around over the terrain which makes many of the tasks much easier.

While the game has evolved a lot since then, I still feel that the plains represent a big step up for new players who -- up to that point -- have been only equipped for and have experience with the standard mission types.  By the time I returned to the plains, I had an archwing and friends who walked me through a couple of the bounties.  After that, I felt way more equipped for the plains.  Unlike the other early game content that holds the new player's hand and walks them through what they need to know PoE felt like being tossed into the deep end without knowing how to swim and pub matching into that when squad mates are either clueless like oneself or Eidolon masters, the results are pretty much in line with what the OP described.

If bad luck is such an issue for you I recommend solo mode. Seriously, I prefer it. You got all the enemies for yourself, instead of chasing after them like a pack of feral dogs after a poor rat.