The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is 1999 the actual year 1999 (of Warframe's universe)?

On 2024-07-21 at 3:42 PM, (XBOX)Omega399 said:

Really, the only thing throwing a wrench into stuff is the old Proto-Skins and some of the early Infested weapons, since they together imply that Dark Sector's timeline exists to some capacity.

Well, and that the Infested are an Orokin experiment gone wrong and rogue. So unless Entrati brought the infestation back with him into the past, where it spread, then it doesn't quite make sense for the Infestation to have their origin on Earth in 1999

• Like 1

I mean, do we even have confirmation that anyone but the Tenno can even create a Duviri-esque world? 

I really don't think Albrecht just had the power to make his own Duviri considering how many hoops he's jumped through, but traveling back in time seems like it's becoming the more likely answer. We already know it's possible, and if anyone can fine-tune the process it's the guy who designed all of our Void travel to begin with.

Even if Albrecht did make his own world, he seemed to notice that Wally was just slowly getting into Duviri and it wasn't some magical impenetrable fortress. He would need a more permanent and pre-emptive solution, so going back in time to hopefully fix the program before it began makes the most logical sense, and explains why Liches are popping into our reality now.

My understanding is that protoframe 1999 was a fragile and formless timeline forced into existence by Entrati putting himself into a time coffin and breaking the thing, forcing it to take form just like when he breached the void with his seriglass bell experiment and turned the void from a big fat nothingness into the roiling blue BS we know today.

Our presence from the far future, with the help of our special void demon powers, will help solidify its existence and merge it into the prime timeline, creating overlapping but seperate timelines that both influence the current day origin system consecutively.

As for the infestation being around, either it's a result of Entrati recreating it to make the protoframe guys to protect him from Wally and accidentally letting it loose, or it might be a continuity nod to Dark Sector. But that's all just my theory.

I guess the TLDR is that timelines or 'strands of khra' or whatever are seperate from dimensions in the void and we're going there to fix them probably

Edited by JustL1me
  • Like 1

Albrecht definitely had some effect on the event we're seeing in 1999, but the Infestation outbreak was already there. Albrecht specifically referred to it as the "plague year".

4 hours ago, AtsiaZ said:

Albrecht definitely had some effect on the event we're seeing in 1999, but the Infestation outbreak was already there. Albrecht specifically referred to it as the "plague year".

Albrecht might have brought it there though, since he has been there several times. And we know he used infestation to create the frames there, which we dont know if he did prior to or after the infestation outbreak. So it can be the classical thing. Scientist does something for one reason (make frame to fight Wally instead of waiting on the chosen), merc or some terrorist/activist breaks in and steals stuff. Them idjits dont know how to handle it, they alter it and accidentaly turn happy friendly and frame making Helminth into angsty I-wanna-hump-a-TV-and-a-VCR-together-with-a-human strain. Which then finds an interest in a boy band (atleast we know the 1999 infestation lacks all sense of taste) to reach out to the masses. Arlo had his churchesque thing, and the InfesTVation will have arena pop and tweens.

• Like 1

At this point I'm reserving judgement as there are arguments to make on both sides. Again the biggest piece of evidence for it being the actual 1999 is that Albrecht straight up said he went back in time to a place it'd be hard to follow, and after the entire WitW quest Loid STILL says we are going back in time.

Oddly enough its actually going to be 1982. Why its called 1999 when we are going to be in 1982... well thats a long and complicated tale, that involves Nostradamus, Phil Collins and Cream! To be more serious though, I am not certain. I am leaning towards actual 1999, but will take a wait and see approach. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-07-25 at 2:37 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oddly enough its actually going to be 1982. Why its called 1999 when we are going to be in 1982... well thats a long and complicated tale, that involves Nostradamus, Phil Collins and Cream! To be more serious though, I am not certain. I am leaning towards actual 1999, but will take a wait and see approach. 

Agreed honestly, leaning towards actual 1999, both because I desperately want it to be and because to me it makes the most sense.

But we won't know until it drops.

• Like 1