The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

glaive usability on controller

Glaive weapons are very awkward to use on controller because you need to hold down the melee button to throw it. This pretty mush completely disables your ability to use the right stick and to look around. I think DE should make a setting (maybe in accessibility) to be able to disable the regular heavy attack which barely anyone uses and be able to press r3 instead of holding down circle or B to force a throw. What are your thoughts on this?

You could just rebind your controls. I can't understand why game devs ever put anything important on those awful stick buttons, but swapping buttons is still an option

Swap your buttons. Use a shoulder button for melee attacks. Just to be able to melee AND move the camera at the same time. Your other option is to use the claw technique.

43 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Swap your buttons. Use a shoulder button for melee attacks. Just to be able to melee AND move the camera at the same time. Your other option is to use the claw technique.

I am one of those claw users, big pain in the a$$. In the end I just plugged in a wireless mouse and Bluetooth keyboard. Now I’m just a m&k user

I mean, I really really wouldn't want them to disable the regular heavy attack. When you say "barely anyone uses" it... what are you going off? Personal anecdote? 

I don't think your stance is invalid or unreasonable. More options, and maybe a toggle or way to rebind the mechanic could be nice (if it doesn't already exist?), but I use Glaives all the time on the standard PS controllers and have found them very intuitive, and easy to use. Again though I am not claiming that because I do, everyone should... but, as far as decisions made to disable controls that people use... Side note, have you practiced your timing with the button? Might just be a subjective player to player sort of thing, but I don't find you have to hold down the button that long. I personally constantly use that Heavy all the time, even in the air, even whilst looking around. You just have to know where you want to aim first, but you can even do that mid jump, and charge/throw, before you even land. 

Maybe its because I have practiced so much its second nature for me, and again, I wouldn't mind if more options were added, for others.