Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extractors need a better health system

Star700

Am I the only one confused by how much health my extractors are losing? It seems like I can't go a day of using them without one breaking at seemingly high health. I think that the extractors either need to A: not heal has it seems superficial and not really indicating how much use it has left leading to lost resources on broken ones or B: scrap the health and just give each one limited uses like say you use it 5 times and on the 5th claim it breaks.

Edited by Star700
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Gonna need more context.

What was the mission? Steel Path? Duviri's Circuit?

I think he's talking about the extractors you send to planets, not excavators

Some of these names start to get confusing after a couple years

2 hours ago, Star700 said:

Am I the only one confused by how much health my extractors are losing? It seems like I can't go a day of using them without one breaking at seemingly high health.

I've never lost an extractor. :/   I don't let them go full days without picking them up though.  Which, if you didn't know, can be done through the companion app.

• Like 1

I'd recommend constructing 4 or 5 of them and then rotating through the max of 3 you can deploy. You will never lose an extractor since two will be out of use and healing while the other three are in use. I also solely use the Warframe mobile app for extractors and not the actual game. It's easier and more efficient. 

Edited by Grmrgoshosa
  • Like 1

It isn't as complicated as you think.

Extractors can lose up to 70% health on a run. Usually it is much less and sometimes it is none at all. It's just a random number. Once it has finished its 8 or 4 hour run, I'm pretty sure it does not continue to lose health. I normally cycle them every day, but I have had a couple of out of town trips where they were left for several extra days and I didn't lose any. When you bring them in, they heal as long as they aren't sent back out.

So as long as they're above 70% you can just send them back out and not have to worry. You can gamble if they're less than that, but either build a few extra or pull them in when you log in, let them heal while you play, then send them back out before you log out so they run until tomorrow.

Extractors are fine and do not need adjustment.

Edited by Hobie-wan

Extractors shouldn't have health at all, given how little they actually do for you.  Mine NEVER have anything good in them, even if what I want is fairly common.  They're slow, require monitoring, and provide less than like 15 minutes in a mission.  They're super heavily limited and don't provide enough value to have those limits.