Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Mods on Chroma

AnnoyedArkham

Question

So I’m still learning the ropes of Warframe, and just finished the New War last night. Fighting those Archon’s with just a bow was a pain…but I digress. Looking on the wiki I came across Archon versions of some core mods, and I find myself wondering; should I get them? Specifically: ALL of them. For one build.

They are pretty basic stuff useful for most, Stretch, Flow, Vitality…so fitting them into my build would be no problem. But then the sub effects would be crazy. As a Chroma main, I can actually use ALL of those elements whenever I want. So instead of having to adjust what mod I’m using, Chroma can just freely use all of them. It even says that the Vex Armor augment, Guardian Armor, triggers the on-heal buff from Archon Intensify.  

Is this a good idea, or I am being dumb?

10 answers to this question

il y a 12 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

It is simply a meme.

I don't think it's a bad idea. Of course, I'd agree that Archon Flow and Archon Continuity may not be that good, considering Archon Flow has a hard time making meaningfull impact, and that Archon Continuity strip armor isn't really mandatory anymore due to the armor nerf.

But ; those two effects are still good effects, and a new player may take advantage of it as he seems fit.

And as a lot of people do Fashionframe for style, you can clearly make a full Archon Chroma for style too.

And OP may also use those mods individually somewhere else to later.

It would be a really good idea if Chroma has a really easy way to apply statuses with his abilities. The moment we had the Emerald shards I was really excited to try Archon Continuity with Toxin Elemental Ward to have a nice passive zone armor strip, but yeah no... Hereallt procs status too little with it which is really sad.

So imo only Archon Intensify could work well on Chroma. But you could go with all Archon mods if you like, especially if you do have a Helminth subsumed on him to get the status effects.

il y a 48 minutes, Toa_Ignika a dit :

It would be a really good idea if Chroma has a really easy way to apply statuses with his abilities.

Isn't Chroma (1) Spectral Scream a status machine ?
Haven't played him in so long, but according to wiki, it's 100% status chance/second + spread.

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Isn't Chroma (1) Spectral Scream a status machine ?

This abiility has never been used so far because it locked you down in animation (self stun). They have recently "fixed" it. 4 was much better choice. Still both abilities (1 ad 4) were good candidates for subsume.

Edited by Zakkhar

il y a 2 minutes, Zakkhar a dit :

This abiility has never been used so far because it locked you down in animation (self stun). They have recently "fixed" it.

I remember the time when it locked you in place ; and I did try the update "unlocking" your character, allowing you to move around and use maneuvers while casting, even though the ability, as fun as it was, was not that easy to land due to camera issue and was still weak overall. But the status were there. If OP wants to use his (1) to both cycle element and apply/spread status to trigger the archons mods, I think it will work just fine.

On 2024-08-16 at 6:23 PM, dwqrf said:

I remember the time when it locked you in place ; and I did try the update "unlocking" your character, allowing you to move around and use maneuvers while casting, even though the ability, as fun as it was, was not that easy to land due to camera issue and was still weak overall. But the status were there. If OP wants to use his (1) to both cycle element and apply/spread status to trigger the archons mods, I think it will work just fine.

I love Spectral Scream, actually. It's an insane AOE status skill, doesn't hinder movement at all (I only just got Chroma, so I can't speak to old versions), and while you can't shoot, you can still use melee weapons. And as someone who often ends up spamming melee anyway there are basically no downsides whatsoever to just using Spectral Scream as an aura whenever I'm in combat. I do not understand the hate for the skill, in my (admittedly limited) experience with the game its one of the best I've gotten to play with. Early game, non Steel Path, it shreds basically everything. In some survival missions I can literally just turn it on and go make a snack. 

• Like 1

On 2024-08-17 at 9:20 PM, AnnoyedArkham said:

Early game, non Steel Path, it shreds basically everything. In some survival missions I can literally just turn it on and go make a snack. 

That’s kind of the issue most have with it. It’s fine early game. Most things are but once you get into late game/sp it basically does nothing. Doesn’t work as a status primer because it can only do one element and ticks extremely slowly, doesn’t do enough damage even with vex armor active to make it worth while, has poor range leaving you vulnerable to being hit a lot due to needing to be up close,  and locks you out of ranged weapons while not being a good substitute for said ranged weapons. On top of that it uses energy you could be spending on vex armor instead. A much better ability that doesn’t lock you out of guns and makes you way tankier.