Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do i use nikana Prime or reaper Prime

(PSN)state-cue87

Question

I have reaper Prime and I get it red Crits 1m plus damage not always 1m plus this damage without any buffs or shards or arcanes just 12x and tennokai but I get it so I am not sure what I use I still didn't get nikana Prime yet but I have enough platinum to get it so should I go for it or stay with my reaper Prime 

I am more of a relaxed player not fully dedicated and things like that I just play for fun 

Edited by (PSN)state-cue87

4 answers to this question

I strongly discourage you from spending platinium to buy weapons. Do not follow youtubers for advice.

I assume we talking about Heavy attacking. Statwise what matters is aspeed, damage of heavy attack, crit chance, crit damage and follow through

Nikana Prime does 990 base heavy attack damage, with 28% cc and 2,4x cd as well as 0,5s windup and 1,08 animation speed, FFT is 0,7

Reaper Prime does 1200 base HA damage, with 35% cc and 2,5 cd as well as 1s windup and 1,08 animation speed. FT is 0,6

Reaper Prime will do more damage single target by may be weaker when attacking clumps of 20+ enemies. On content you are doing it hardly matters.

DO NOT GET NIKANA PRIME FOR PLATINIUM.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

strongly discourage you from spending platinium to buy weapons. Do not follow youtubers for advice.

I assume we talking about Heavy attacking. Statwise what matters is aspeed, damage of heavy attack, crit chance, crit damage and follow through

Nikana Prime does 990 base heavy attack damage, with 28% cc and 2,4x cd as well as 0,5s windup and 1,08 animation speed, FFT is 0,7

Reaper Prime does 1200 base HA damage, with 35% cc and 2,5 cd as well as 1s windup and 1,08 animation speed. FT is 0,6

Reaper Prime will do more damage single target by may be weaker when attacking clumps of 20+ enemies. On content you are doing it hardly matters.

DO NOT GET NIKANA PRIME FOR PLATINIUM.

Edited 1 hour ago by Zakkharits 

It's not yt advice I actually don't follow any I just wanted to ask I got like 24m on my reaper prime and about buying weapons with platinum I actually don't mind I am not that defecated player who calculate everything I mostly play for fun and killing time I actually don't have a specific style like I have exodia Contagion zaw but I don't use it anymore I returned to reaper prime and I just got the idea and heard all people talking about how great is nikana Prime that's why I wanted to buy it and I got this idea today but with the day progressing it seems that I don't need it and reaper can do everything I want even in clumps of enemies on SP I still do very good damage to them I think I one or two shot them with light attacks so maybe I won't get nikana Prime but maybe I will go for syam I heard also it was goof since I want a good nikana in my arsenal but yes me purchasing nikana Prime is getting less and less good in my eyes especially that I dropped tye exodia Contagion zaw today and returned to reaper and the Reaper spoke for itself on SP so yeah maybe I will not use this 80 plus play on nikana Prime and maybe get a good Warframe if that what you advice me I like Warframe with good useful abilities and cannot die easily ( my main is revenant) I have volt Prime sayrn prime gauss prime nekroz ( farming only ) and rhino at the end tysm for you and for taking from your time to write and sorry if my massage was too long 

For future reference, this should have been posted in Players Helping Players, not Feedback. Also, some people may have trouble reading your posts.

On paper, the two weapons appear to have the same attack speed and roughly equivalent numbers aside from the Reaper critting slightly more often when it hits, but in truth Nikana base animation speed is significantly faster than Scythe base animation speed. 1.08 for one weapon type is not actually the same attack speed as 1.08 for another weapon type, and stance mods can make this difference even more pronounced. Furthermore, the Nikana Prime not only has slightly higher status chance, but also a much larger percentage of Slash damage compared to its total damage, meaning not only that it'll hit more often, but also that more of its hits will proc status effects, and more of those procs will be Bleed specifically rather than Impact or Puncture. Those rapidly stacking Bleed procs plus a touch of Viral to amplify the DoT are Slash-focused melee 101, and hold true regardless of how you intend to actually hit your target.

As far as stances are concerned, Reaping Spiral puts Scythes in a pretty good position with sheer damage multipliers, except for the incessant twirling between strikes. Decisive Judgment has no such twirling and puts Nikanas on roughly equal footing in terms of damage multipliers, and Blind Justice is even faster and more powerful than that. So with all that in mind, if you're asking which of the two weapons is better with a combo-centric build and mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, the Nikana is the clear choice.

If you're asking which is better for spamming Heavy or Slide attacks, I'm going to have to ask you why you're considering between these two specifically, when there are many weapons better than either in those regards, many of which are easily farmed rather than being Vaulted Primes.

If you are looking for a combo build, though, then is it still worth buying the Nikana Prime with Platinum? Not really. There are incredibly powerful melee weapons like the Innodem or (as of this writing) the Okina Prime which you only need to farm, or others like the Prisma Ohma (which can also nuke via Melee Influence) that you might either pick up from Baro or from someone else who bought it from Baro, for cheaper. If you're dead set on purchasing a vaulted Prime Melee, equal or better options like the Galatine, Pangolin, Nami Skyla, and Guandao have been unvaulted much more recently and are therefore available much more cheaply. You might even still be able to find a good price on the Ninkondi Prime, which is another great weapon for nuking with Melee Influence.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

For future reference, this should have been posted in Players Helping Players, not Feedback. Also, some people may have trouble reading your posts.

On paper, the two weapons appear to have the same attack speed and roughly equivalent numbers aside from the Reaper critting slightly more often when it hits, but in truth Nikana base animation speed is significantly faster than Scythe base animation speed. 1.08 for one weapon type is not actually the same attack speed as 1.08 for another weapon type, and stance mods can make this difference even more pronounced. Furthermore, the Nikana Prime not only has slightly higher status chance, but also a much larger percentage of Slash damage compared to its total damage, meaning not only that it'll hit more often, but also that more of its hits will proc status effects, and more of those procs will be Bleed specifically rather than Impact or Puncture. Those rapidly stacking Bleed procs plus a touch of Viral to amplify the DoT are Slash-focused melee 101, and hold true regardless of how you intend to actually hit your target.

As far as stances are concerned, Reaping Spiral puts Scythes in a pretty good position with sheer damage multipliers, except for the incessant twirling between strikes. Decisive Judgment has no such twirling and puts Nikanas on roughly equal footing in terms of damage multipliers, and Blind Justice is even faster and more powerful than that. So with all that in mind, if you're asking which of the two weapons is better with a combo-centric build and mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, the Nikana is the clear choice.

If you're asking which is better for spamming Heavy or Slide attacks, I'm going to have to ask you why you're considering between these two specifically, when there are many weapons better than either in those regards, many of which are easily farmed rather than being Vaulted Primes.

If you are looking for a combo build, though, then is it still worth buying the Nikana Prime with Platinum? Not really. There are incredibly powerful melee weapons like the Innodem or (as of this writing) the Okina Prime which you only need to farm, or others like the Prisma Ohma (which can also nuke via Melee Influence) that you might either pick up from Baro or from someone else who bought it from Baro, for cheaper. If you're dead set on purchasing a vaulted Prime Melee, equal or better options like the Galatine, Pangolin, Nami Skyla, and Guandao have been unvaulted much more recently and are therefore available much more cheaply. You might even still be able to find a good price on the Ninkondi Prime, which is another great weapon for nuking with Melee Influence.

Thx for the feedback I will do better next time also the problem with reading my forum it's just me I have this problem with writing in in a way people doesn't fully understand so sry for that also I didn't mention but I get these damage number from reaper Prime without an arcane or any damages buff only tennokai build 12x combo and heavy attacks with tennokai I am not very advanced in the game 

Edited by (PSN)state-cue87