Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't Eclipse a different damage multiplier and scales differently than roar for it to be equalized with it?

When they said they're going to nerf eclipse I imagined the Helminth version would get halved, so Mirage has 200% base eclipse, the Helminth gets 100%.

Similar to most helminth abilities, like Wrathful advance.

but them Reducing it to 30% to match Roar...have you ever compared these two abilities, DE?

Nerfing Eclipse that hard to match Roar is like Cutting a bird's wings to make it equal for the Fish.

they do different things and scale differently.

Roar buffs abilities, and dot damage twice, so it's ok for it to have a small percentage, it makes sense.

Eclipse buffs weapon damage and some abilities that are categorized as weapon damage, but it doesn't double dip or buff all abilities, so it needs that Higher damage multiplier.

it's the same argument as why we can get 300+% base damage on some arcanes, but rarely get the same number for multiplicative buffs.

Maybe they should've nerfed the damage reduction instead to 50%, and kept Eclipse 100%.

16 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Roar buffs abilities, and dot damage twice, so it's ok for it to have a small percentage, it makes sense.

Eclipse buffs weapon damage and some abilities that are categorized as weapon damage, but it doesn't double dip or buff all abilities, so it needs that Higher damage multiplier.

Eclipse costs less mana to cast and can be recast, unlike Roar. Eclipse can be cast as a defensive ability, while Roar cant.

Eclipse can be active with squadwide Roar, while double Roar does nothing.

As for the topic, it is same damage multiplier as Roar (neutral faction damage), just affects different things. If both are active, they will be additive.

I still run Eclipse on my weapon based frames (eg. Wukong, Mesa), even though for Wukong to work the same way as Roar, I need Total Eclipse equipped.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Eclipse costs less mana to cast and can be recast, unlike Roar. Eclipse can be cast as a defensive ability, while Roar cant.

Eclipse can be active with squadwide Roar, while double Roar does nothing.

As for the topic, it is same damage multiplier as Roar (neutral faction damage), just affects different things. If both are active, they will be additive.

I still run Eclipse on my weapon based frames (eg. Wukong, Mesa), even though for Wukong to work the same way as Roar, I need Total Eclipse equipped.

The first thing I want to point out is that I read Squadwide as squidward lol

but Ah!, thanks for letting me know, this whole multiplicative additive thing is getting out of hand but I see it now, No harm in asking so thanks!

Edited by Prof-Dante

Multiplicative buffs is how they used to make abilities. Chroma, Rhino, Mirage, Volt, Ivara, Valkyr, Equinox, Saryn, Stealth,

They stopped doing it around the time of the 1st ability Elemental buff augments. I still recall when they nerfd Chroma they called it a bug which was hilarious. They were getting spooked by the numbers despite most those frames being unable to scale enough to use that damage. They separated buffs and debuffs when adding Eidolons and other immune enemies which were incredibly lame. It's why Ember, Banshee and similar were left alone at the time.

Mirage has been dumped on since her introduction. She was originally a very good frame.

I imagine they wanted players to pick other damage options and Eclipse for defense. Despite it's new dual nature this looks obvious to me.
I've never known DE to make 'light' changes when it comes to over use on anything.

I like how it's known as 'Faction Damage' now when it was just a multiplicative bug.

I posted many of the bugs myself years back getting some of them fixed with dev replies. Actually got harassed by the community over the Stealth fix even though I wasn't the first to post about it. Maybe the first to post in detail cuz back then I actually cared about things working properly.

Complete nonsense coding just accepted as normal like Gas Stealth was back then and Gun CO is now.