The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is XAKU not considered the S+ tier frame, that sits above all others.

IAkashGargI

3 hours ago, kuciol said:

Xaku uses "them" not because of gender identity but because its amalgamation of 3 frames.

Damn, that's crazy. It's almost like I know and acknowledge that, while also knowing that Xaku is a single entity who is neither male nor female, meaning that an appropriate term would be necessary to use to describe them. Hmm... it's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember it.

3 hours ago, kuciol said:

He is "we are legion" type not non binary.

Who? Nidus? I mean perhaps considering how the Infestation works, it would make sense for his strain to work similarly... wait why are we talking about another Warframe? We're talking about Xaku! Oh wait, non-binary! That's a perfect term to describe them, thank you!

4 hours ago, kuciol said:

You really have some problems. You draw correlation when there is non just to be offended.

I'm not the one struggling to understand a character's identity, nor was I ever the one deciding to disregard said identity due to some preconceived biases. Which, you are still showcasing both.

That shouldn't be my problems to solve nor answer for.

• Like 3

On 2024-09-10 at 4:02 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Xaku is lacking in the survivability department, which is a bigger concern than offensive ability in late game.

Well to be fair, I think Xaku is somewhat meant to be a glass cannon of sorts, while also maintaining some level of survivability through their increased dodge chance and innate AoE damage reduction. Not sure how else something more concrete for defense could be added within their kit besides like, giving them innate damage resistance to everything in The Vast Untime; which is kinda unnecessary given the other benefits it gives.

3 hours ago, Xycelium said:

Damn, that's crazy. It's almost like I know and acknowledge that, while also knowing that Xaku is a single entity who is neither male nor female, meaning that an appropriate term would be necessary to use to describe them. Hmm... it's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember it.

Who? Nidus? I mean perhaps considering how the Infestation works, it would make sense for his strain to work similarly... wait why are we talking about another Warframe? We're talking about Xaku! Oh wait, non-binary! That's a perfect term to describe them, thank you!

I'm not the one struggling to understand a character's identity, nor was I ever the one deciding to disregard said identity due to some preconceived biases. Which, you are still showcasing both.

It

On 2024-09-02 at 1:33 AM, IAkashGargI said:

Thanks, was looking for something like that.

Based on my understanding of builds, I think Armor Strip is must right?. Plus it is instant on any enemy that enters strip zone. 

Don't know anything about Archons as not unlocked it yet but why not Mobile Defense. Just sit there and let turrets do the job. Although spy would be bad mission type since XAKU would always trigger alarms. 

Nuh uh, just get good at dodging lasers.

On 2024-09-06 at 7:38 AM, Prof-Dante said:

The True S tier Warframe is Zephyr.

and I haven't been talking about her because the first rule of Zephyr club is to not talk about Zephyr club.

This is not just a Warframe, she is a Goddess among mortals, sure your damage buffs and overguard/damage reduction can help you out for a while, but Zephyr is beyond these tools.

Zephyr is like Omni man, Look what they need to mimic a fraction of her power.

Xaku has turrets.

Zephyr jumps up and down before getting tired of 1 tap slamming enemies and suddenly starts creating viral corrosive tornado blenders...

(also, on top of her already insane cc and bullet reflection, she can cc eximus. No joke, her tornados can slow eximus, combine that with cold (epitaph prime anyone?), and now eximus are slow on top of you being immune to bullets).

4 hours ago, Xycelium said:

Well to be fair, I think Xaku is somewhat meant to be a glass cannon of sorts, while also maintaining some level of survivability through their increased dodge chance and innate AoE damage reduction. Not sure how else something more concrete for defense could be added within their kit besides like, giving them innate damage resistance to everything in The Vast Untime; which is kinda unnecessary given the other benefits it gives.

Don't forget he can technically use void procs via his 1 and (4?) to absorb bullets fired by enemies (especially eximus) iirc.

Edited by Lord_Chibi

Il y a 5 heures, Xycelium a dit :

Xaku is a single entity who is neither male nor female

Xaku are both male and female, not neither.

Il y a 5 heures, Xycelium a dit :

Xaku is somewhat

"Are" ! Please stop butchering them.

Unless saying "he are" and "they is" is some English I don't master yet.

One time I subsumed Ivara quiver over Xaku 1, thought that I just created AoE armor strip and auto-aim infinite scaling turrets and semi-perma-invisibility!! YES this is the ultimate meta build!

And then once Xaku was in the invisible zone, all the turrets stopped firing.

My disappointment was immeasurable.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xycelium said:

And you are still offended about product of someones imagination. Characters gender identity meaningless to the discussion. You have problems. Woke culture messed up people really bad. Keep being you i guess and keep fighting for nothing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Xycelium said:

I never watched either movie. Perhaps I should get to it one day. I should say, get to It one day. Hehe.

That's E.T.  Xaku is a character. It is a character in a video game called Warframe. It comprises of several other off-meta Warframes.

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

And you are still offended about product of someones imagination. Characters gender identity meaningless to the discussion. You have problems. Woke culture messed up people really bad. Keep being you i guess and keep fighting for nothing.

You is right.

19 hours ago, Xycelium said:

No, because I also use she/her pronouns. Yet, if someone kept referring to me as 'he/she', I would feel obligated to inform them of what pronouns I do use. It's standard communication and respect.

So... me pointing out the correlation of one's logic to disregard the identity of a character would also apply to someone of the same identity... means that I am only able to use pronouns for gender?

Okay.

How would you even know though? I mean, we are talking third person terminology here, something used by others when talking about you.

And it isnt the identity of the character, since it is a lifeless singularity made of many. It is simply a multi-form, which deals with the physical composition of the construct. What I'm saying is that you should be careful of which pronoun you use if you think it is so important to avoid stepping on someones toes over miss labeling them through simple grammar. Defaulting to one over another does not solve that, since neither is better than the next when it comes to avoiding what you try to avoid.

For instance, if I cared about my pronoun being respected, I'd be upset if you went "they" to me simply because you think it is safer. It is also absurd to think it is safer, since such a miniscule percentage out of the population on earth identifies as something outside of the binaries. So the chance you do miss label is immensly greater by defaulting to "they".

17 hours ago, Karyst said:

At the core, this is nothing but pure grammatic gymnastics. To feel miss labeled is a rather new thing that wasn't discussed few years ago. No, I don't feel offended, since using they sometimes in the place of he/she is something  used in languages such as English along other. The whole point was that someone said that we don't respect pronouns of fictional character and assumed that we wouldn't respect an actual real person. That's all.

I'm not sure why you answer that part of the post since that wasnt directed at you. Sounds like you agree with what I say overall though, that feeling miss labeled is odd since the people talking about you likely just use simple grammar with no intent to neither harm nor cater to a potential unknown prefered pronoun you like. And yes, it is silly that someone draws conclussion between how we talk about pixels and how we would treat someone else.

Ontop of that, this is also regarding people being talked about in third person, so that they even end up being aware that they get "miss labeled" is extremely fringe to begin with. Since I doubt they live in a culture or society where everyone talks to everyone else in third person. I mean these days it's hard to even have a conversation where you end up using "you" or a persons name, since many of us revert to a "dude", "bro" or something else which is already considered gender neutral through slang.

Heck, when I talk to people face to face IRL many of them refer to me as Sneaky, Erv, Ervin, Ervo or Pervin even if they know my real life name. I even have some old friends that used to call me by my name reverting to one of those above since it simply became a thing in mixed groups of internet and real life friends playing together or shooting the S#&$ over some voip. And many of my old real life friends just tend to refer to me as Jotun, Udda or Trollefar, since those have also been my nicknames IRL.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

How would you even know though? I mean, we are talking third person terminology here, something used by others when talking about you.

And it isnt the identity of the character, since it is a lifeless singularity made of many. It is simply a multi-form, which deals with the physical composition of the construct. What I'm saying is that you should be careful of which pronoun you use if you think it is so important to avoid stepping on someones toes over miss labeling them through simple grammar. Defaulting to one over another does not solve that, since neither is better than the next when it comes to avoiding what you try to avoid.

For instance, if I cared about my pronoun being respected, I'd be upset if you went "they" to me simply because you think it is safer. It is also absurd to think it is safer, since such a miniscule percentage out of the population on earth identifies as something outside of the binaries. So the chance you do miss label is immensly greater by defaulting to "they".

I'm not sure why you answer that part of the post since that wasnt directed at you. Sounds like you agree with what I say overall though, that feeling miss labeled is odd since the people talking about you likely just use simple grammar with no intent to neither harm nor cater to a potential unknown prefered pronoun you like. And yes, it is silly that someone draws conclussion between how we talk about pixels and how we would treat someone else.

Ontop of that, this is also regarding people being talked about in third person, so that they even end up being aware that they get "miss labeled" is extremely fringe to begin with. Since I doubt they live in a culture or society where everyone talks to everyone else in third person. I mean these days it's hard to even have a conversation where you end up using "you" or a persons name, since many of us revert to a "dude", "bro" or something else which is already considered gender neutral through slang.

Heck, when I talk to people face to face IRL many of them refer to me as Sneaky, Erv, Ervin, Ervo or Pervin even if they know my real life name. I even have some old friends that used to call me by my name reverting to one of those above since it simply became a thing in mixed groups of internet and real life friends playing together or shooting the S#&$ over some voip. And many of my old real life friends just tend to refer to me as Jotun, Udda or Trollefar, since those have also been my nicknames IRL.

Yes, because native English speakers sometimes speak in grammatically incorrect manner which often becomes part of a dialect, such as saying :alright mate, skipping pronoun and the verb entirely . However, this Xaku pronoun mukbank is not that.

9 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Xaku are both male and female, not neither.

Xaku's original in-game description literally started with 'Neither male nor female'. And also, how would they be both, exactly? Unless you want to claim they are bigender too.

9 hours ago, dwqrf said:

"Are" ! Please stop butchering them.

If you don't understand how verbs work when it comes to referring to one person, that's fine, but using it to concern troll is not an effective strategy. And by the way, 'they are' is grammatically correct, even when referring to a single person because of the original pronoun of 'they' being used. Trust me, I would know. ;)

6 hours ago, kuciol said:

It's oddly wonderful how throughout all of this, you never seemed to understand that my main concern was your attitude towards certain identities, and not towards how you treat fictional characters exclusively. I know it's easier for you to claim that I'm triggered and I'm some sort of woke SJW liberal. Yet, you were the one offended at the notion of even me mentioning identity in the first place. Not even gender, just identity. If that's what triggers you, then I'm sorry to say but these conversations won't stop as long as we are playing Warframe. A game whose main theme is about identity. I mean, quite literally.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

What I'm saying is that you should be careful of which pronoun you use if you think it is so important to avoid stepping on someones toes over miss labeling them through simple grammar. Defaulting to one over another does not solve that, since neither is better than the next when it comes to avoiding what you try to avoid.

So in that case, we *both* should be only referring to others based on their names only, since you've also used 'they' to refer to someone generally in this thread too. Yet, if you still believe that you were using it correctly, then I was using it correctly too. It's as simple as that.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Karyst said:

That's E.T.  Xaku is a character. It is a character in a video game called Warframe. It comprises of several other off-meta Warframes.

Nah, you definitely just said 'It' when you replied to me. Like this It.

MV5BYjg1YTRkNzQtODgyYi00MTQ5LThiMDYtNDJj

9 hours ago, RichardKam said:

One time I subsumed Ivara quiver over Xaku 1, thought that I just created AoE armor strip and auto-aim infinite scaling turrets and semi-perma-invisibility!! YES this is the ultimate meta build!

And then once Xaku was in the invisible zone, all the turrets stopped firing.

My disappointment was immeasurable.

That's actually sorta interesting... I wonder if other types of invisible effects are the same, such as Skiajati's Invisible Finisher effect or Ghost's Shade. I assume it would be the same though.

il y a 36 minutes, Xycelium a dit :

Xaku's original in-game description literally started with 'Neither male nor female'. And also, how would they be both, exactly? Unless you want to claim they are bigender too.

Because Xaku was made by different Warframes having different genders ?

il y a 37 minutes, Xycelium a dit :

If you don't understand how verbs work when it comes to referring to one person, that's fine, but using it to concern troll is not an effective strategy. And by the way, 'they are' is grammatically correct, even when referring to a single person because of the original pronoun of 'they' being used. Trust me, I would know. ;)

I understand you believe and affirm we can use "they are" for a singular individual ; but you used twice "Xaku IS" ; so are you telling me we can say "They is" ; and that it's grammatically correct ? I'm not trolling. Just... tell me how to get it right and not be confused.

Il y a 16 heures, Xycelium a dit :

Xaku is

Il y a 16 heures, Xycelium a dit :

Xaku is

5 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Because Xaku was made by different Warframes having different genders ?

There is no confirmation of this. In fact, there's no confirmation of what Xaku's pre-composite Warframes identities even were.

5 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I understand you believe and affirm we can use "they are" for a singular individual ; but you used twice "Xaku IS" ; so are you telling me we can say "They is" ; and that it's grammatically correct ? I'm not trolling. Just... tell me how to get it right and not be confused.

Yes, the first part is true due to how 'they are' is more conventionally correct. Yet, if someone who is referred to as 'they/them' were to be referred to by their name, and then given a verb right afterwards; it would simply be 'X is'. Because 'they' is not being used.

23 hours ago, Xycelium said:

So in that case, we *both* should be only referring to others based on their names only, since you've also used 'they' to refer to someone generally in this thread too. Yet, if you still believe that you were using it correctly, then I was using it correctly too. It's as simple as that.

No, that isnt what I'm saying. I'm saying you need to be aware of your own reasons why you use one over the other. I used it as grammar, simple as that. It is when you get into the territory of using one over another in order to "play it safe" that you should consider why you actually use it and if it is better and actually safe.

16 hours ago, Xycelium said:

There is no confirmation of this. In fact, there's no confirmation of what Xaku's pre-composite Warframes identities even were.

Even less reason to call it they/them in that case, since you were upset over a miss label of the frame. Where with they/them you risk miss labeling up to 3 individuals. If you werent on a crusade against miss labeling there would be nothing wrong with using they, but you are on that crusade since you got upset over a miss label of a frame. If you had just settled with "they" for the plural nature of Xaku i.e the multi-form, it would have looked less odd. But as it is you are upset with a miss label while being OK to actually miss label up to 3 individuals at the same time, since we know nothing about the 3 that make up the 1.

They is no more accurate than he or she when talking about Xaku if you use it for gender reasons, since Xaku is made up of 3 individuals. They or it are good if you use it for the plural nature of the frame. Since then you either refer to 3 individuals (they) or the sum singularity of the whole (it).

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm saying you need to be aware of your own reasons why you use one over the other.

I am. I do not understand why you seem to keep assuming I don't for some reason. I use it because it's a general label, rooted in both grammar and history. You use it because grammar, which is great. So again, neither of us are using it wrong. :)

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

-the rest of the post-

All of this to just not understand Xaku is outstanding. Xaku is one individual, not 3 in one. They are composed of 3 individuals. which is not the same. And DE has confirmed of what pronouns they use, which is they/them, and what they are, which is non-binary.

This is what exactly I highlighted earlier as an issue, where for some reason, anytime a character is outside or even challenges the gender binary, there's always a group of people debating and trying to 'refute' the literal word of the creators to say that 'no, they actually aren't this because yadda yadda'. I'm sorry buddy, but I just don't care at this point.

• Like 1