The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

19 minutes ago, Karyst said:

And this my friends is an example of someone who doesn't pay attention. 

the example of someone who has not read a book in a while, i was going on about your argument and what you were gonna argue, also i already seceded the point valkyr is a cat frame, if you read the thread, you'dd know, sadly valkyr has both a legendary skin and a prime release already, that is why i argue that it does not fit yet. that is why i mentioned cosplayers use existing things creatively to emulate stuff, which is what i advised the thread to do already. What are you not understanding? You are just proving my point you did not read the thread you are reacting to. Do you think yourself important enough to have everything already mentioned repeated for you personally? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

the example of someone who has not read a book in a while, i was going on about your argument and what you were gonna argue, also i already seceded the point valkyr is a cat frame, if you read the thread, you'dd know, sadly valkyr has both a legendary skin and a prime release already, that is why i argue that it does not fit yet. that is why i mentioned cosplayers use existing things creatively to emulate stuff, which is what i advised the thread to do already. What are you not understanding? You are just proving my point you did not read the thread you are reacting to. Do you think yourself important enough to have everything already mentioned repeated for you personally? 

Just because valkyr has legendary skin doesn't mean we can't have cat ears in Warframe. If gauss can have mag's helmet, me and you can have cat ears. This is how you use stuff that is already present in-game to support your argument. I don't think about my importance and it is rather an off-putting comment having no place in here. Perhaps you're forgetting that Warframe is a business in the first place and when people who run it decide that adding bunny ears will make them more money, they will add them in the game. Nothing to do with art, respecting of 'fictional characters' nor any of that clueless faf that's been mentioned so far. And because you two are another clueless, one of you keeps talking about respecting pixels and another about literacy, neither having anything to do with our much desired feline physiology elements. 

• Like 4

Everything is someone's fetish. That doesn't mean it can't be in the game at all. This shouldn't be a discussion. If something is played up for fetish appeal to the point of alienating everyone else, that's a problem, but you can have cat ears on a Warframe without it being weird. I know this because, again, we have a whole-ass frame with a feline motif, along with cosmetics for other frames that give them animal ears, and it's not overtly freaky. I mean, I have friends who wanna boink Nidus, so I know he's someone's fetish, but why the hell should I care? This is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Bunch of you really need to like, get a room or something. Also some pretty weird projecting going on, but hey, I ain't gonna judge. The preachiness could due with a dial back though.

If people want cat ears, why not let them? Why are y'all getting so up in arms over cosmetics? If people want to dress up/color their Valkyr (or other frames) like Felicia from Darkstalkers, why not let them? There's like a bajillion things in the game already that fail the litmus test being levied against folks' wanting cat ears (like wearable mustaches, bunny ears, Orokin cat easter eggs and so much more).

The extreme back and forth arguing is just silly. Gonna lock the thread for a little bit to let you all cool down and reevaluate... acting like the addition of cat ears is going to ruin the game and spoil any possibility of fun... y'all're more sour than spoilt milk, over cat ears. Just silly.

Edited by Letter13
  • Like 12

Alright. Thread unlocked. Keep it civil.

On a side note, if the addition of cat ears (or Kavat or Kubrow ears) as a cosmetic is such an offensive idea to you that it's going to going to completely ruin your game experience, that's really a you problem... and it's not really cool to push your problem onto others, ya know?

• Like 5

Petition to stop people from saying petition without actually opening a petition.

Joking, joking...but yeah that would be alright, I wouldn't use it but there's no harm of it existing.
although, if we're going this far, I'd like to add more things, like dynamic wings, the wings ephemeras we have don't collapse, or bend, they float there, we do have a few syandanas that do this, but they are not a bird's wings.

1 hour ago, Jeter1230 said:

If they do end up adding cat ears, I hope they resemble the more traditional cat ears in media, and not the super long kavat ones, but if I’m being greedy I’d like both options.

both GIF

Give me a Signa with long and short choices, they're the hot new cosmetic anyways. An ephemera would be cool too, even if I'd expect a little more like spectral Kavats that follow you around or something.

I probably wouldn't wear them all that often if I'm being honest, but we have just about everything else. Tails, wings, only other easy thing is ears.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 1

I do find it quite amusing where if the people going on and on about not wanting cat ears because it would "ruin the game", calling anyone who wanted them 'Fetishists' and the like had just ignored this, it probably would have gotten, maybe 10 replies and that would be it.

Instead they kept pushing this topic to the top of the forum by being weird about it.

As I said, I could make a thread asking for the Semi-Cannonade mod to work on Tigris and for the Tigris to be buffed...doesn't mean it's going to happen.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Bunch of you really need to like, get a room or something. Also some pretty weird projecting going on, but hey, I ain't gonna judge. The preachiness could due with a dial back though.If people want cat ears, why not let them? Why are y'all getting so up in arms over cosmetics? If people want to dress up/color their Valkyr (or other frames) like Felicia from Darkstalkers, why not let them?

It's been explained in great detail as to why not.

And this clearly shows you're not being unbiased here and leaning for cat ears which is projecting your views. 

You say you ain't gonna judge, but you're literally judging people for what they've wrote?

Edited by proevilz
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, proevilz said:

And this clearly shows you're not being unbiased here and learning for cat ears which is projecting your views. 

You say you ain't gonna judge, but you're literally judging people for what they've wrote?

I really don't care either way. I have no horse in this race.

What I do care about is the reactionary rhetoric to proposed ideas that often gives way to uncivil discourse.

If you don't agree, just say something like 'I don't think it should be added, doesn't fit the art style/seems too silly/I don't like cats/etc' and move on. Boom. Mission complete.

Meanwhile you've got people who are so vehemently against it that they're trying to spiral the thread into a flame war, calling people fetishists, deviants, and in a few cases way, way worse things. That behavior ain't OK.

• Like 6

vor 2 Stunden schrieb proevilz:

And this clearly shows you're not being unbiased here and leaning for cat ears which is projecting your views. 

Yes, unbiased moderation isn't here. The way these people absolutely, vehemently not only ask for cat ears, but demand them. Then denigrating anyone against them makes me think that I am spot on what these people really are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Prexades said:

Yes, unbiased moderation isn't here. The way these people absolutely, vehemently not only ask for cat ears, but demand them. Then denigrating anyone against them makes me think that I am spot on what these people really are.

I mean you guys ARE kinda coming across as the weird ones here...like it really ain't helping your cause but you do you and all that.

• Like 2

lol

Anyways, DE's been (slowly) converting holidays to ingame holidays (Christmas -> Tennobaum, Valentines Day -> Star Days, Halloween -> Naberus), so they could do the same for Easter and have the ears as part of that. Like an Ostron Spring festival or something. Get Teasonai involved, have Nakak sell masks and ears and other cosmetics/decorations. It'd be fun!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Prexades said:

>"Use our forums to talk to us and talk to each other in a constructive and respectful way that encourages interaction and thoughtful discussion."
>doesn't
>gets moderated

🙀

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

lol

Anyways, DE's been (slowly) converting holidays to ingame holidays (Christmas -> Tennobaum, Valentines Day -> Star Days, Halloween -> Naberus), so they could do the same for Easter and have the ears as part of that. Like an Ostron Spring festival or something. Get Teasonai involved, have Nakak sell masks and ears and other cosmetics/decorations. It'd be fun!

The Nakak idea is adorable and I love it

• Like 1