The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crafting Timers for non-prime weapons and warframes should be shortened as NPE, first impressions are important

Twilight053

Going to throw out another limb here. I think the crafting times for non-prime weapons should be shortened to 1 hour, and crafting times for non-prime warframes to be 12 hours + 1 hour for their parts. First impressions are important for new players too.

First impressions ARE important, and should also be accurate.  They need to know what they're getting into.  Which is a huge grind.  12 hours is a lot, and I'm not arguing that.  So is 24.  Or literally 3 and a half days for frames.  All very much "a lot."  But so is the rest of the grind.  Resource costs that experienced players don't even think about.  I remember being new and having to go farming specifically to get enough resources to build a single forma.  I build them without thinking now, but the grind to get here was years long.  

There's also multiple weapons in the market that are available for straight credits.  

It's slots, imo, that are the issue.  I've seen many players balk at the over 3 day crafting time for frames.  I still dislike it myself.  But I've seen way more players quit over slots.  Simply not having inventory space to be able to keep getting new stuff unless you spend plat is the worst impression.  It's too early for most to be earning plat, which means it's spend money or suffer, and when faced with that so early on, many will just quit.

• Like 2

That is probably the main thing to consider. Especially as a "New Player Experience", a player could rush down getting Rhino, Gara, and the 2 starter Warframes they didn't choose. Speed it up to 1 day crafting time, it'll only make them realize sooner that they don't have anywhere to put the Warframes unless they put in money. The faster build time might even encourage the spending more than the current 3 day, more of a rush to build the collection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrDugan said:

First impressions ARE important, and should also be accurate.  They need to know what they're getting into.  Which is a huge grind.  12 hours is a lot, and I'm not arguing that.  So is 24.  Or literally 3 and a half days for frames.  All very much "a lot."  But so is the rest of the grind.  Resource costs that experienced players don't even think about.  I remember being new and having to go farming specifically to get enough resources to build a single forma.  I build them without thinking now, but the grind to get here was years long.  

There's also multiple weapons in the market that are available for straight credits.  

It's slots, imo, that are the issue.  I've seen many players balk at the over 3 day crafting time for frames.  I still dislike it myself.  But I've seen way more players quit over slots.  Simply not having inventory space to be able to keep getting new stuff unless you spend plat is the worst impression.  It's too early for most to be earning plat, which means it's spend money or suffer, and when faced with that so early on, many will just quit.

I actually made this post the other thread too! But this suggestion and the slots suggestion both go hand-in-hand with each other which is why I posted both.

10 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Going to throw out another limb here. I think the crafting times for non-prime weapons should be shortened to 1 hour, and crafting times for non-prime warframes to be 12 hours + 1 hour for their parts. First impressions are important for new players too.

My suggestion is to just drop a couple of free rushing coupons on new players. Like 5 or something so they can rush some stuff at the start for free. If they had those they could also reward those at certain MR levels. Just enough to let players plan which frames to rush with a coupon on occasion. 

• Like 2

il y a 5 minutes, vixenpixel a dit :

My suggestion is to just drop a couple of free rushing coupons on new players. Like 5 or something so they can rush some stuff at the start for free. If they had those they could also reward those at certain MR levels. Just enough to let players plan which frames to rush with a coupon on occasion. 

💡 That's genius ! Maybe the next Endgame reward we should farm could be some Time Coupons to reduce a craft by 1h or so (a bit like Universal Medaillons) and that we could also give to new players in some quest/junction. That would be fun. People would spend time farming for ... time. Happy Parvos.

Edited by dwqrf