The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do Topaz Shards still have inaccurate descriptions?

Prof-Dante

+5 shield (+7.5 for tauforged) on kill from Blast damage, as long as shields aren't zero or shield gate isn't currently active. The worst shard in the game could stand to be reworded. The damage type might be meta now, but this doesn't proc if the enemy dies from heat procs, slash procs, toxic procs, etc.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
additional thought

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

+5 shield (+7.5 for tauforged) on kill from Blast damage, as long as shields aren't zero or shield gate isn't currently active. The worst shard in the game could stand to be reworded. The damage type might be meta now, but this doesn't proc if the enemy dies from heat procs, slash procs, toxic procs, etc.

I don't think it works on kill, I think it works on Hit.

6 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

I don't think it works on kill, I think it works on Hit.

Update 36 patch notes...

Topaz Archon Shards have been changed to grant Shields from enemies hit by Blast Damage to enemies killed with it.

• The description in-game has always stated “Kills” but this was not actually the case - Shields were being regenerated from enemies hit with Blast Damage. While we understand that this changes the efficacy of the perk and deviates away from what players have been used to, the change was made to avoid photosensitivity issues resulting from Shields breaking and recharging quickly in certain scenarios (ex: Mesa’s Peacemaker Regulators with Blast Damage).

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Update 36 patch notes...

Topaz Archon Shards have been changed to grant Shields from enemies hit by Blast Damage to enemies killed with it.

• The description in-game has always stated “Kills” but this was not actually the case - Shields were being regenerated from enemies hit with Blast Damage. While we understand that this changes the efficacy of the perk and deviates away from what players have been used to, the change was made to avoid photosensitivity issues resulting from Shields breaking and recharging quickly in certain scenarios (ex: Mesa’s Peacemaker Regulators with Blast Damage).

Well that was a waste of Bile, lol.
Let me test again juuust so make sure.

yup, You're right...at least buff the amount, 5 to 7.5 shields per KILL is comical lol.

Edited by Prof-Dante

1 hour ago, FiveN9ne said:

The fact it requires having shields to be useful is a bigger nail in the coffin. Like rakta dagger or caliban sentients..

eyyy Five! I hope wasn't too aggressive back in the Slam thread, I apologize, I take things like proofs and knowledge from someone's words with a grain of salt, and By challenging it I get to discover how it actually works.
if I stopped questioning after you showed me a written math proof, I would've probably not learned anything. 

but yeah anyway back to topic...Yeah, I don't know why they had to make it this useless, it doesn't feel right. they nerfed it hard without buffing anything else about it to compensate.

Edited by Prof-Dante

33 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

eyyy Five! I hope wasn't too aggressive back in the Slam thread, I apologize, I take things like proofs and knowledge from someone's words with a grain of salt, and By challenging it I get to discover how it actually works.
if I stopped questioning after you showed me a written math proof, I would've probably not learned anything. 

but yeah anyway back to topic...Yeah, I don't know why they had to make it this useless, it doesn't feel right. they nerfed it hard without buffing anything else about it to compensate.

No worries, i don't take things to heart.

6 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Well, Rakta is insanely good, so......

Good for what? Your shield breaks and it does nothing. Shields being at 75, 300 or 1000 makes no difference if it gets one shot anyway.

14 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Good for what? Your shield breaks and it does nothing. Shields being at 75, 300 or 1000 makes no difference if it gets one shot anyway

Because it makes the smallest of respite/augur effect get you max overshield gating. And some abilities, like Speed or Molt, have no cast time or animation!

9 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Because it makes the smallest of respite/augur effect get you max overshield gating. And some abilities, like Speed or Molt, have no cast time or animation!

I already use Molt with 45% eff and brief respite makes it cap shield gate. Rather give a mod slot for catalyzing than lock myself into using 1 melee