The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add First person shooter

----o----

5 часов назад, ----o---- сказал:

That a reason,some of them would like that option,and for those doesn't like,they can just turn off and that it.

Both sides are happy.

It will no harm to add that option.

So who's gonna pay for all work that needs to be done for 1st person view in WF?

I doubt DE have spare resources and staff for that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Geometries62 said:

So who's gonna pay for all work that needs to be done for 1st person view in WF?

I doubt DE have spare resources and staff for that.

It's just took time as others thing took to made it and that it.

7 часов назад, ----o---- сказал:

It's just took time as others thing took to made it and that it.

Yes time and money. So why they would spend time and money on questionable mechanic, rather than nex prime thingy or deluxe which will deffinetly bring them revenue? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joylesstuna said:

Unreal tournament 1999 has a dodge roll and it doesn't interfere with the camera. It can be done as DE themselves worked that game.

Warframe has more movement than Unreal Tournament coupled with movement abilties it's both too much work and will cause motion sickness disregarding the fact that it's just a bad idea.

• Like 1

Ah so TC just want a front view camera not a first person camera. Can't imagine what's it's like to use Gauss Mach Speed into walls every 2 seconds. Or some random Volt use Speed on a Razorwing Blitz Titania.

55 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Ah so TC just want a front view camera not a first person camera. Can't imagine what's it's like to use Gauss Mach Speed into walls every 2 seconds. Or some random Volt use Speed on a Razorwing Blitz Titania.

Give me a first-person view with them and I'd probably have more fine control over my movement, than this weird off-angle third-person camera the game has always had

• Like 1

At this point I'm surprised that bringing up first-person view isn't punishable by summary ban. You and people like you would deserve it for parroting the exact same meaningless drivel every few months for the past several years. It's exasperating.

I'd even go as far as to say that I hope that DE outright says at some point that they will never, ever add first person view, because it'd be the closest thing I could ever get to throwing rocks at all the people whining about it until they shut up and go away.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

I hope that DE outright says at some point that they will never, ever add first person view

I vagely recall Reb/Steve saying that ages ago in a dev stream  and that motion sickness among other things is the main reason that it's not even being considered.

Il y a 2 heures, HunterDigi a dit :

Such toxicity on the first page over adding a camera perspective... pretty much knee-jerk reaction without thinking that it doesn't affect them in any way.

But adding a real FPS option would take such amount of time and ressources for just being a option most people would disable, it woulnd't be profitable.

You can't do it with just slapping the camera on the chest of the Warframe, you also have to remake ALL weapons skins (and hands) and animations (firing, alt firing, switching, reloading) to be compatible with the first person view.

And that's just the range weapons, now you have to do that with all melee stances and combo to find ways to compute the feelings of the moves while keeping the camera logically centered on your character position and cursor view.

And we aren't even talking about jump, double jump, dodge roll, back/side rolls, ballistic jump, wall jump, slams, and so on.

So if you want a real FPS, you can't just press a magic button and make it happen.

Or maybe you just want the same generic FPS view snipers feature, with nothing at all on your screen except your cursor, which is quite limited if you only play it, not even being able to identify which weapon you hold, and losing quite a lot of informations from surroundings. And that's such a bland feature people would ask for more and more, as it would be a broken and buggy message, making a fluid TPS experience actually unreadable as FPS.

So yes, adding a real FPS view would take so much effort that the rest of the developping content would take a big hit. It affects everyone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

But adding a real FPS option would take such amount of time and ressources for just being a option most people would disable, it woulnd't be profitable.

You can't do it with just slapping the camera on the chest of the Warframe, you also have to remake ALL weapons skins (and hands) and animations (firing, alt firing, switching, reloading) to be compatible with the first person view.

And that's just the range weapons, now you have to do that with all melee stances and combo to find ways to compute the feelings of the moves while keeping the camera logically centered on your character position and cursor view.

And we aren't even talking about jump, double jump, dodge roll, back/side rolls, ballistic jump, wall jump, slams, and so on.

So if you want a real FPS, you can't just press a magic button and make it happen.

Or maybe you just want the same generic FPS view snipers feature, with nothing at all on your screen except your cursor, which is quite limited if you only play it, not even being able to identify which weapon you hold, and losing quite a lot of informations from surroundings. And that's such a bland feature people would ask for more and more, as it would be a broken and buggy message, making a fluid TPS experience actually unreadable as FPS.

So yes, adding a real FPS view would take so much effort that the rest of the developping content would take a big hit. It affects everyone.

I know i know it take a lots time,but it won't harm whole game,because it can be disabled anytime in settings,everything took to creating something,for example,news warframe,news weapons,news area and etc.

If developers add that option,they can name that option something like this "First person shooter beta" it would be added,but incompleted,just for players test to find problems until it be complete and become not "beta"anymore.

This game is not perfect,for example i find this small bug...

Dante missing Noctua when active ability - Art & Animation - Warframe Forums

Keep in mind...maybe this setting it's not for you,but for some others players,we all are different peoples,we all have different hobbies what we like what we not like,we cannot be equal.

12 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Give me a first-person view with them and I'd probably have more fine control over my movement, than this weird off-angle third-person camera the game has always had

That would be great for only movement. But who plays warframe and stand still while using their weapons or abilities?

1 hour ago, ----o---- said:

I know i know it take a lots time,but it won't harm whole game,because it can be disabled anytime in settings,everything took to creating something,for example,news warframe,news weapons,news area and etc.

If developers add that option,they can name that option something like this "First person shooter beta" it would be added,but incompleted,just for players test to find problems until it be complete and become not "beta"anymore.

This game is not perfect,for example i find this small bug...

Dante missing Noctua when active ability - Art & Animation - Warframe Forums

Keep in mind...maybe this setting it's not for you,but for some others players,we all are different peoples,we all have different hobbies what we like what we not like,we cannot be equal.

OR DE can take that time and resources to fix existing problems plaguing the game currently. Like I don't know... Host Migrations issues?

I just surprise Destiny 2 doesn't have warframe mvoement systems. Seems like a better fit than inputting a first person view into warframe.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ominumi said:

That would be great for only movement. But who plays warframe and stand still while using their weapons or abilities?

Not sure what movement has to do with it? Plenty of TPS and FPS games are movement based

• Like 1

3 часа назад, ----o---- сказал:

DE will not spend time and money on questionable mechanic which can bring tons of new bugs in WF (game already has enough unsolved problems). As for "fps beta", Warframe as game is in beta status for more than decade already.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Geometries62 said:

DE will not spend time and money on questionable mechanic which can bring tons of new bugs in WF (game already has enough unsolved problems). As for "fps beta", Warframe as game is in beta status for more than decade already.

By your logical then they should cancel plans in winter deploying new updates,because it will cause new bugs too...isn't this same?

• Like 1

15 минут назад, ----o---- сказал:

By your logical then they should cancel plans in winter deploying new updates,because it will cause new bugs too...isn't this same?

No, they will release "coumei and something" in next few months (DE still need revenue and players need new content). Point is DE won't spend huge amount of resources for a basically a gimmick in TPS game, which will take who knows how many months to polish.

Edited by Geometries62
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Geometries62 said:

Oh no. they will release "coumei and something" in next few months (DE still need revenue and players need new content). Point is DE won't spend huge amount of resources for a basically a gimmick in TPS game, which will take who knows how many months to polish.

Hard to say how much it spend time,but they can do that thing when time be available.

Yes...now they focuses on this what they planning in winter release.

9 minutes ago, Geometries62 said:

Point is DE won't spend huge amount of resources for a basically a gimmick in TPS game, which will take who knows how many months to polish.

Compared to many other things that are added, which completely contribute to (or detract from) pure gameplay and nothing to revenue, and take many months to polish anyways?

It's not as much a resources thing, it's also the devs being uninterested or uninspired. They don't feel like it's something they want to work on, as much as I'd like them to.

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, ----o---- сказал:

Hard to say how much it spend time,but they can do that thing when time be available.

Highly unlikely. They stopped all fixes and minor updates till coumei's release. For adding FPS mode team surely will hold all other plans for game. Also whats the point in turning warframe into another destiny?

• Like 3

1 минуту назад, Pakaku сказал:

It's not as much a resources thing, it's also the devs being uninterested or uninspired

Considering that all guns primary and secondary will need to be remade for FPS mode, add 1st person animations, add sights and maybe resize some guns, I think we can see why team is being uninterested in that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Not sure what movement has to do with it? Plenty of TPS and FPS games are movement based

Right like Apex Legends and Overwatch. Both games also have motion sickness inducing situations. Games like warframe have high movement systems PLUS weapon recoil, attack animations, casting postures. Lots and lots of ways to shake the camera or cause micro shutters.

31 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Right like Apex Legends and Overwatch. Both games also have motion sickness inducing situations. Games like warframe have high movement systems PLUS weapon recoil, attack animations, casting postures. Lots and lots of ways to shake the camera or cause micro shutters.

Not sure what your point is, because this game has all of that as well. If WF’s movement isn’t giving you motion sickness, then I strongly doubt it would in first person.

• Like 1