The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence For Conclave Standing

VaanAurora

As is currently stands, Conclave is ruled by a small amount of elite players that ruin the fun, and progression, for those less experienced.

With Conclave standing tied solely to PvP, there is no way for beginners, or those inexperienced in Warframe PvP.

Steel essence is already used for buying items from Teshin. I propose that it be used as well to gain standing in the Conclave as well.

It seems fair that a single Steel Essence should give 100 or 500 standing.

And, perhaps the option to turn in other rare materials, such as Eidolon Shards, for standing.

Either that, or greatly increase how much standing a match in Conclave PvP gives.

It is not a matter of "it's too hard", it's a matter of Conclave in it's current form simply being bereft of fun because of how it currently IS.

It's not fun for anyone to struggle for ten minutes and receive what amounts to nothing for their efforts.

At the very least, rewards other than standing could be implemented, such as blueprints, large amounts of crafting materials, credits, relics, warframe parts, or whatever else, to promote more players into playing in the Conclave.

• Like 5

Oh sweet summer child, allow me to enlighten you of the release of Universal Medallions. They used to be truly universal, even usable to gain conclave standing. But a single conclaver complained about it on twitter which resulted in DE changing the medallion to no longer be usable for conclave. It is a hopeless endeavor to try and get them to give some pve methods to gain conclave standing.

This was several years ago so my memory may be a bit hazy, I am pretty sure it was a single dude on twitter, might have been multiple though.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tovon said:

Oh sweet summer child, allow me to enlighten you of the release of Universal Medallions. They used to be truly universal, even usable to gain conclave standing. But a single conclaver complained about it on twitter which resulted in DE changing the medallion to no longer be usable for conclave. It is a hopeless endeavor to try and get them to give some pve methods to gain conclave standing.

This was several years ago so my memory may be a bit hazy, I am pretty sure it was a single dude on twitter, might have been multiple though.

That really happened? DE undo this, you are favoring likely .5% of your playerbase. Mind you a portion of this are those that lock out all other players from trying conclave.
I hit MR30 after playing for like 7 years. Finally decided to do some of the more niches areas.
I played conclave meet maybe nearly the same dozen people, and a third of them were smurfs. 

Conclave matchmaking prevents higher standing players from playing with noobs, so the conclave mains make account after account because they don't enjoy conclave, they enjoy noob stomping. (Not all of them, but enough for me to see the pattern)

Then they likely sell the accounts when done, because hey, a fresh account with "exclusive" rewards will make money. Or simply throw it away and begin again.

Edit: I went twitter and reddit searching. It was LITERALLY ONE GUY. His post had a whooping 2 likes.

DE if you can't the resources into making conclave playable do the following:
1. Look at the amount of conclave active players who are R5, and continuing to play conclave.
2. If it's "decent," let these players trade conclave cosmetics.
3. If it's not, which I doubt it is, at the minimum reintroduce universal medallions to conclave. PLEASE.

Edited by (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE
  • Like 1

b3281947a79bcf8b3c3f45214e540cb2.jpg

Usual PVE whining aside, back when it was first introduced Conclave did have fairly decent affinity and mixed resource rewards- for its time.

PVE players then proceeded to whine and whine and whine that they didn't want to be forced to play PVP mode in a PVE game.

Conclave is so barebones in rewards because that's what the louder parts of PVE playerbase wanted.

So while I agree Conclave- both the end match rewards and its syndicate- could use more modern rewards, you'll have to excuse my skepticism and contempt.

11 minutes ago, BansheeAndZephyrMarried said:

Usual PVE whining aside, back when it was first introduced Conclave did have fairly decent affinity and mixed resource rewards- for its time.

PVE players then proceeded to whine and whine and whine that they didn't want to be forced to play PVP mode in a PVE game.

Conclave is so barebones in rewards because that's what the louder parts of PVE playerbase wanted.

So while I agree Conclave- both the end match rewards and its syndicate- could use more modern rewards, you'll have to excuse my skepticism and contempt.

I've tried, if I could play conclave, I would. 
The gamemode was always dead on console, and now it's near dead on pc. Like I said above the only matches I get in are with the same people on repeat, and many are smurfs or conclave mains.

Don't be mad at the players who want the acquisition moved, or who can't play the mode. Be mad at DE for giving it up entirely. I can feel potential when I tried it. A complex mover shooter PVP, sounds cool. However DE gave up on it a long time ago, so I have no choice but to.

If they just updated it to add a PvPvE mode, it would remind people conclave exists and we would see numbers increase in all modes. If DE could harness that new wave of players and push it, MAYBE it's salvageable.

DE just doesn't revisit the past though, and it really hurts at times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BansheeAndZephyrMarried said:

its dead bro