The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Wand melee Gunblade.

Prof-Dante

Ok so We've got our Speargun, the magic staff, Scourge, Afentis...etc.
We got our Grimoire, The magic book.
How about a Wand melee weapon?

Think about it, each one of it's combos, manifests a certain spell, it would be a utilitarian/damage support melee weapon.

to give you an example here's how the stance will work: 

• At the end of each neutral combo, the Wand shoots a fire ball dealing heat damage (think of it like the Archon melee weapons)
  • during the neutral + forward combo, The Wand will chain a continuous lightning beam. 
  • At the end of each Neutral + Block combo, the wand will inflict 10 stacks of cold on a target enemy, freezing them.
  • At the end of each Neutral + Block + Forward Combo, the Wand instantly teleports the Warframe a couple of meters forward.
  • Slide attacks fires a wave that inflict lifted status on passing enemies.

Stuff like this.

• Like 1

Hmm, i get it, you want to Swish and Flick then watch your enemies Ragdoll away. :V

The idea of a Melee also having some form of Range attack still requires it to be able to strike enemies physically. I dont think a Wand would make for a good physical weapon when striking in between shooting combos.

il y a une heure, Prof-Dante a dit :

Think about it, each one of it's combos, manifests a certain spell, it would be a utilitarian/damage support melee weapon.

• At the end of each neutral combo, the Wand shoots a fire ball dealing heat damage (think of it like the Archon melee weapons)
  • during the neutral + forward combo, The Wand will chain a continuous lightning beam. 
  • At the end of each Neutral + Block combo, the wand will inflict 10 stacks of cold on a target enemy, freezing them.
  • At the end of each Neutral + Block + Forward Combo, the Wand instantly teleports the Warframe a couple of meters forward.

Stuff like this.

3b20e7a030be8cf8846be23a1a11b245.gif

"I dont get it, my build is supposed to work. What am I doing wrong ?"

"Switch to melee and use block, you maggot !"

2 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

the magic staff

Pink magic tenet stuff <3 hahaha I liked it

2 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Stuff like this.

But what it is? New gunblade stance? New melee type + new stance? It could be interesting Gunblade's stance but, imho, to create new wepaon type it had to be GOOD.

il y a 2 minutes, quxier a dit :

new wepaon type it had to be GOOD.

I would definitely love to have a (single) Shield as a melee weapon before a melee Wand, that you can dual wield with a pistol, like a glaive, that had some shield bashing and shield blocking, and could use some special Shield & Sword mods while also having its own.
Maybe passively blocking in a cone in front of you when held/duel wield, and protecting your back when holstered.

And before adding Wands, I would also love to see the whole bunch of Tomes for every element with each having its unique game changing secondary fire.

But Wands wouldn't be that weird for Warframe, considering it could be either some Corpus tech or some Void thingy ; but maybe better suited as a secondary weapon ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

But what it is? New gunblade stance? New melee type + new stance? It could be interesting Gunblade's stance but, imho, to create new wepaon type it had to be GOOD.

It's more so the stance that does all the work.

maybe the melee itself has certain unique mechanics to it, but I don't know to be honest.

53 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Leviosaaaaaa

It's levioSAH!

I guess it's time to rewatch it... again :D

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:
2 hours ago, quxier said:

It's more so the stance that does all the work.

maybe the melee itself has certain unique mechanics to it, but I don't know to be honest.

It could be gunblade new stance  AND weapon could have different combo like Verdilac or Corufell.

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

But Wands wouldn't be that weird for Warframe, considering it could be either some Corpus tech or some Void thingy ; but maybe better suited as a secondary weapon ?

+1

• Like 1