The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Year Later, Corpus Are Still Least Fun Faction and Probably Also Least Popular

crixus044

3 hours ago, WindShadow970 said:

I enjoy fighting Bursas

Oh man. This one was such a mess when it came out. Highest eHP of any unit in the game. You might notice they don't scale like most units as the mission goes on. It's because for about a month when they did Bursa would just wipe teams. Their radial attacks would go through walls, objects and things like Volt Shield / Frost Globe.

One of the first Corpus units with Armor too. Besides the Armor. Not a bad concept but horrendous execution.
Instead of a pretty cool mini-boss type enemy that shows up sometimes. Since they don't scale they quickly became forgettable.

Edited by Xzorn

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You might notice they don't scale like most units as the mission goes on.

Yep, I always chalked it up to just Corpus scaling I wasn't fully aware there was a history, I still do like them mechanically. I do agree that them having armor is unneeded they already have their riot shields which are effective against being incidentally one-shot by aoe.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Not a bad concept but horrendous execution.

There's a lot of Warframe things that fit this description.

On 2024-09-29 at 7:35 PM, WindShadow970 said:

I like the Corpus. They have the best unit variety and force the player to pay attention to their mechanics. Mechanically I enjoy fighting Bursas, Sapping Ospreys, Amalgams and so on, they are problems to be solved not swatted away like Grineer. I do wish Toxin didn't go through shields so that we could see more interesting shield generation mechanics like the Kyta Raknoid or Amalgam Machinist.

I do agree on one thing however, they are awful to fight in large numbers because all of their conditionals overlap with each other and become tedious to manage. Corpus aren't a "Steel Path Faction" (just throw more of them at the player type of faction). One or two nullifiers on the field is annoying but manageable, but 4 or 5 of them and 2 of them are Arctic and Guardian Eximi standing next to each other overlapping their bubbles while hiding Combas, Bursas, Techs (which can spawn Eximus Ospreys at random as well) and Ospreys inside...god awful experience.

It's what I love about them and I wish other factions would stop pulling their punches, you're dealing with the deadliest weapons of war in existence act like it.

The only interesting Grineer units are the Trokarian and Nox but it's durability has been butchered so badly to the point you just ignore its headshot mechanic and you're fine. The Kuva Fortress is armed to the teeth with defensive armaments that do absolutely nothing, at least the ones on the Plains work. My gripe with Grineer is that it doesn't matter what unit it is they do the same thing and you just swat them away the same way, nothing to make you stop and notice.

Sentients have always been the "a few of us spawn but we're a damn problem when we do" faction but their adaptive resistance which is a defining feature lorewise is laughable at current so their only presence now is the Battalyst disco; it legitimately saddens me when I board a Sentient ship in Railjack or go on Archon Hunts and the few Sentients there just die like flies...that being said Aerolysts are the worst designed enemy I've had the displeasure of dealing with, they're no threat in any capacity just awful to deal with.

I like that Toxic Ancients, Disruptors, Venin Ospreys (if you do excavation you know what I mean) and Mutalist Ospreys are menaces to the player/or their goals when it comes to the Venin Osprey but they do it in ways that make you want to pull your hair out. It may do the Infested some good if their combat presence was more normalised across all their units rather than being disproportionately loaded on a few.

The Murmur are new and besides the "interesting" design decisions with the Hollow Vein they're fine and even work fine with the Steel Path formula.

If their gimmicks didn't synergize, then I'd be all for it, but they pull combo moves that make the helminth system look like a toy pit.

As it stands right now, enemy effects supercede our own. Enemy's spam abilities regardless of their magnetic proc standing with perfect accuracy, enemy overguard ignores all cc whereas tenno overguard is susceptible to most of the corpus' forced effects like knockback, enemy abilities and overguard are NOT removed when inside a nullifier bubble (test with different factions, shadows, mind control, and radiation) whereas rhino and dante lose everything, and combas/scrambus bubbles persist after death.

It's inconsistent and when these facts scale with one another, it gets really bad. I would like some consistency across mechanics

• Like 1