The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if there were rivens for warframes?

(XBOX)iNSANE Suave

Yep, it's exactly how it sounds. Riven but for warframes. Say you got a riven for a Warframe. The type of stats it would have would be things like + or - ability strength or energy max and stuff like that. Or a stat could affect a single ability. i.e. rhino. It could be something like -14% Iron Skin Overguard Gain or +23% Rhino Stomp duration. Well that's it. Cya later.

Edited by (XBOX)iNSANE Suave
Changed Overguard maximum to overguard gain

Made a post about this years ago, we shortly got archon shards after.
Yeah, I had great feedback from the community *sarcasm*

I honestly don't see the point now that DE has added Archon shards and are continually adding new arcanes. We also got augments reworked recently.
Balance is the best place it's been in a while, I just wish CC frames could eat through CC protection over time.
When I wrote this, if I remember correctly we were in a pretty bad spot balance wise.

I've made a couple concept designs of systems in warframe. I did this, incarnon weapons, and the shield rework, and sort of predicted some features. My view of how DE adds content has changed. It's keep it simple stupid, newer is cooler, and balanced isn't the goal, it's fun.

Edited by (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)iNSANE Suave said:

What if there were rivens for warframes?

Not the first to propose it, sadly not the last.

Aint happening because Power Creep and some people would make a huge fuss on the forums about their favorite frames having mediocre disposition.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Made a post about this years ago, we shortly got archon shards after.
Yeah, I had great feedback from the community *sarcasm*

Copied this from one of the Replies to your post, i pretty much liked it:
nopecya.gif

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Aint happening because Power Creep.

Haven't you learned DE doesn't care about this yet?

I asked for headshot multipliers and reload speed from an incarnon system, and we got turn every weapon into AOE and add another 100% Critical Chance.

De doesn't care, that why we used to get Sorties lvl 100, and now the newest grind netracells is lvl 200.

Just now, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Haven't you learned DE doesn't care about this yet?

De doesn't care, that why we used to get Sorties lvl 100, and now the newest grind netracells is lvl 200.

You keep telling your self that, iv herd it before, seen enough Nerfs happen to disagree with you. :3

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

You keep telling your self that, iv herd it before, seen enough Nerfs happen to disagree with you. :3

DE nerfs outliers, not new systems.

When they release content if it is stronger than it is supposed to be, then they typically let it ride. 

If everything is OP, nothing is. Warframe Rivens would fit into that system part.