Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Uncommon conservation target spawns inconsistent with pheromones [Investigating]

When doing conservation right now, if you are using pheromones with your echo lure, you won't be able to get the tier-2 animals (ashen kuakas, delicate pobbers, etc.). You will get either the tier-3 (ghost kuakas) or tier-1 (plains kuakas). If you want tier 2, you have to definitely not use pheromones.

Also, It looks like stover spawn points for conservation are bugged right now and don't exist correctly?

• Like 9

I knew I wasn't going crazy. For me as well only the rare or common animal will spawn when I use pheromones.

EDIT: A little bit more testing, and it seems that tier-2/uncommon variants don't even spawn when not using pheromones, unless I'm exceptionally unlucky. Guess I'll have to wait for those couple of mods requiring those tags.

Edited by Tiodaiphos
Additional testing
  • Like 5

After some 2 hours of trying, I also can't seem to spawn any uncommon variant, specifically on Orb Vallis (almost wen't crazy searching for delicate pobbers) as I was able to capture some uncommon vulpaphylas on Cambion Drift(probably because it's spawn condition is different from other animals).

• Like 3

I think you're right. I haven't been finding the uncommons with call points at all. I've randomly stumbled across a few in the wild though so I have most of the new mods finished, but there are some uncommons (and the scarlet nexifera) that just seem unwilling to show up.

• Like 2

I was doing some hunting in Orb vallis for tags for the new companion mods.

I cannot get any "Uncommon" variants to spawn by luring them. None. I have done about 40 horrasques and 30 Kubrodon.

I randomly found two Swimmer Horrasques just by going around. So they do exist. But just not by doing the whole luring thing. Haven't found any Vallis Kubrodon.

Maybe I'm just unlucky or the spawn rates are just that atrocious (in which case make it at least 5-10%). I spent about 4 hours looking. This is either a bug or a gross disrespect of people's time.

• Like 13

For about half the attempts I did use them. After seeing it only gives me mostly the rare ones and sometimes normal anyway, I tried without, thinking it was bugged and pheromones prevented them from spawning.

The stats on the wiki cannot be correct. (29% without and 33% with pheromones). The chances of me failing a roughly 30% chance 30 times is 0.002254%.

Edited by XIIIPhoenix
Added info
  • Like 3

Bug.png?ex=66fefce6&is=66fdab66&hm=b80cf

Ive spent the last 4 hours looking for rarer kubrodons.
At first by scouting the terrain but i only found brindle. Doing conservation tracks also only yelded brindle. 
It was then i started to use the pheromones about 2 hours in and about 95% of the time its going to be a t3 spawns. 

The same levels of wieredness seems to be going on all over orb valis with a guy in the discord call i was in having similar issues. to quote "next time i see a brindle its getting shot."

I am currently using a 30day dropchance booster so if this is related to that it will mean im currently unable to atain these mods outside of plat pourchases so long as this works like that.

Other animals seems to have similar issues exept for verminks who spawn with regularity and variety.

• Like 1

I've spent several hours this evening looking for pobbers to try and find a single Delicate Pobber to be able to earn the needed tags for some of the new mods.

It seems that when using echo lures (via the fixed conservation points marked on the map):

•  With pheromones only the "common" and "rare" variant of each animal will spawn
  •  Without pheromones you will only ever see the "common"

I collected over 500 pobber tags without seeing a single Delicate Pobber spawn.

However, these variants do show up as random spawns roaming the map. It appears to be only the fixed echo lure point that have this issue.

• Like 6

Farmed at least 50 times with 25 of them being with pheromones. Gotten 42 common and 8 very rare. 0 rare. The wiki claims that using pheromones gives a 1/3 for rare and 2/3 for very rare, but this is obviously wrong as i still get loads of common when using pheromones.

• Like 1

This has been bugged for years at this point but now that the Delicate Pobber is a required grind hopefully someone notices.

But yes can confirm after even after current hotfix that Delicate Pobber do not spawn only sunny and subterranean.

Edited by Nazzami
  • Like 4

ive been having issues as well. Been trying for about 4 hours. t1 is the ONLY thing that will spawn without pheromones and with pheromones t3 spawns 95% of the time with t1 being the remaining.

Bug.png?ex=66fefce6&is=66fdab66&hm=b80cf

Edited by JmDaFuz
  • Like 1

Having the same issue going after Fuming Stovers and Vallis Kubrodons; pheromones spawn either the common or rare variants (and according to the wiki, commons shouldn’t spawn at all when using pheromones?). Have seen uncommon variants as roaming spawns, but feels like there’s something odd going on with the marked hunting spots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Renikks said:

Having the same issue going after Fuming Stovers and Vallis Kubrodons; pheromones spawn either the common or rare variants (and according to the wiki, commons shouldn’t spawn at all when using pheromones?). Have seen uncommon variants as roaming spawns, but feels like there’s something odd going on with the marked hunting spots.

in my 4 hours the only thing i saw spawning uncommons outside of the tracks where verminks and poppers. outside of that ive only seen a grand total of 1 spawn.

Compared this to my most visited and farmed openworld deimos, this seems way off from what it normally is like there.

Edited by JmDaFuz
  • Like 2

EDIT 2: This issue (not necessarily this post, but somewhere across the community) has been seen by DE, and is now under investigation, as noted in the "Known Issues" forum post. This issue applies to all "Uncommon" variants of conservation animals. If you are hunting for Uncommon animals yourself, you will need to find them as random spawns, as they will not spawn from Echo Lure locations at this time. Keep an eye on the Hotfixes to know when this issue is fixed.

Now, the original post I made starts here:

As the title suggests, it seems as though Swimmer Horrasques are not spawning, or are potentially being treated as Dappled Horrasques.

I recently did nearly 1 hour and 45 minutes of conservation to get the Tags needed for the new Beast mods, and not a single Swimmer Horrasque spawned, meaning I cannot obtain the Tags needed to get the new Beast Mod "Persistent Posture".

While I am aware that this could in theory just be terrible RNG, I find it hard to believe, as I accrued 150 Dappled Horrasque tags and 24 Horrasque Stormer over my entire nearly 2 hour run, using a combination of Pheromones and unaltered tracking locations.

In addition, during a conservation attempt, 2 Horrasques spawned together and had completely different appearances despite both being classified as "Dappled Horrasque" (see below):

Obviously I have Ally Highlighting enabled here, so the detailed differences can be hard to see, but the first Horrasque is clearly much darker and larger than the second, despite them both being "Dappled", leading me to believe that Swimmer Horrasques are being classified as their common counterparts.

EDIT 1: While I haven't been able to replicate it myself, other people have told me that they have seen Swimmer Horrasques on the Vallis as random world spawns, but have yet to be seen from Tracking objectives. Also, from my own testing, this seems to extend to all other "Uncommon" variants, as I haven't been able to find Delicate Pobbers or Ashen Kuakas from tracking objectives, but I did find a single Ashen Kuaka as a random spawn on the Plains.

Edited by (PSN)Umbrellie
Issue has been noticed by DE
  • Like 1

I have been spending hours capturing Stovers in the Orb Vallis. I have spent about 25 echo lures, and i have a total of 81 Sentinel , 37 Fire-Veined, and 0 Fuming Dax Stover tags. Fuming Dax being the uncommon one after Sentinel and before Fire-Veined. The Fire-Veined is the rare one and i always get them. Even without lures.

I feel like this is bugged because i have been capturing in different temperature rotations, and i have been both using and not using the echo lures and i cannot for the life of me find a single Fuming Dax Stover. Am i the only one experiencing this? Is this normal? Is this a bug?

Any information would help me greatly. Thanks.

Edited by Cyber_Kitten
Edited for more information

I spent about 3 hours exclusively hunting for stovers and couldn't get it to spawn. Using pheromones, I only get fire-veined, and without, I exclusively get sentinel. I have 100's of both type of tag, and 0 fuming dax :(

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Possible as other people report the same issue:

Oh shoot. I didn’t realize. That’s on me for being dumb and only searching for Stover posts and not uncommon captures. Thank you for linking me the other post. 

I hope this gets fixed sometime soon. I’d really love to use some of the mods from Business.