Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why isn't there any sort of tutorial for hunting Eidolons?

TruLunaris

This boss has been teased since the 2nd main story quest, and I only just managed to beat it on my 6th try cuz Onkko was too busy doing I don't even know to instruct me on how to kill the thing he wanted me to kill. The most help I ever got was:

"Your weapons don't work on him." (You can just tell me to use the amp you gave me. I got more detailed instructions on how to use a new weapon fighting The Jackal.)
"Eidolon Lures draw energy from Vomvalysts." (Ok, cool, awesome, sweet, would you like to actually tell me what they do? Cuz it apparently isn't for LURING the EIDOLON, it's for tying it down.)
"1 Eidolon Lure isn't gonna work." (So how many will?????)

I had to figure out everything else on my own, including that I needed 4 lures in total, that having a charged lure prevents the eidolon from leaving, how that stupid shield regen scream worked, what that weird blue aura around units sometimes were, and oh yeah HOW TO DEAL DAMAGE TO IT. Cuz obviously I was just supposed to know that his accordion elbows are the only parts of him that can take damage despite the fact that shooting him anywhere worked while his shield was up.

If I sound really upset/frustrated, it's cuz I am. This game was doing so good up until now with introducing new systems. I know this game has a reputation for being a Wiki Game where accessing the cheat sheet is the only way to know wtf is happening, but I was able to get all the way to War Within and beyond without ever needing to look at it *once*, until now. This fight broke me. So much was unexplained that I gave up and learned everything about how to beat him and it sucked all the joy out my first kill. It seems like DE wants to make obscure information more easily available (see the recent codex changes), but the fact that *KUVA LICHES* have a full detailed explanation page, but the Eidolon that you need to kill to gild your only way of doing damage Post-War Within is genuinely astounding to me.

TL;DR: Please add a tutorial on how to kill the Eidolon Teralyst. A starter bounty, a quest beginning when you meet Onkko, have Onkko actually tell you how to do the thing he wants you to do, please just anything.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Instead of tutorial they could just have a pointer link to youtube to the 100s of videos explaining how to:

If you ask me, a game shouldn't have to rely on community resources to explain how anything works, much less a major boss fight locking your ability to put arcanes on your operator's only way to deal damage post WW.

4 hours ago, TruLunaris said:

If you ask me, a game shouldn't have to rely on community resources to explain how anything works, much less a major boss fight locking your ability to put arcanes on your operator's only way to deal damage post WW.

Remaking the wheel is just stupid, its easier to just tell players to watch the 100s of videos.. which show and explain everything, in detail, from amps, focus, guns, frames, gameplay, and tactics for solo or teams.. DE certainly dont have the time to make this type of information for every single item in the game.. 

At this point, it might just be better to move anything that has to do with amps / focus away from Eidolons and make them purely done for arcanes, effectively pushing them into mid / late game activities. I think it can be fine to have certain things be a bit more obscure if they are not basically required or highly incentivized.

5 hours ago, TruLunaris said:

The sad truth is people would just ignore it all. Just like how people still don't know how to deal with kuva siphon even though The War Within specifically told you how to do it. Or Netracell when the Main Quest even have the mission in it people would still move out of the blue circle.