Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easier Pheromones

Star700

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me that the pheromones category for helminth is all pretty rare resources and that's a problem. Chitonuos Husk, Infected Palpitators, Pulsating Tubercles, and severed bile sacs only drop one randomly from Juggernauts and you need 3 for 30%. Lamentus is dropped by the false Dax in duviri except that each only drops 1 and you need 150 to fill 30% and unless you've been playing for a bit and have a few decrees a hoard of them could cause you trouble. Mutagen Samples have their own purpose and are an uncommon drop on only 2 planets and it takes 125 to fill the 30% ect thrax plasms and neurodes. Tldr We need more pheromones resources that are easier to get in bulk.

I suppose it's subjective, but I find it really easy to get Juggernaut parts.  Go into just about any Infested mission, kill spree to lure out the Juggernaut, make short work of it, take it's guaranteed(?) loot drop, finish the mission.  Do that every time you're in an Infested mission and most players won't ever have to worry about Pheromones ever again.

Most resources feel difficult to farm if you only gather them at the last second when you need them now; but if you make a habit of capitalizing on opportunities to gather resources during your day-to-day missions, over time you'll simply accumulate a stock of most of them.

Unless you are infusing stuff daily, you shouldn't really run out of materials. Nano Spores, Neurodes and Thrax Plasm should be able to keep you going for a while.

... now removing Archon shards being tied to bile and bile alone, that's kinda dumb. It kills any sense of experimentation because changing your shard layout is a pain in the ass. We have 6 different shards nowadays, we also have 6 different humors, it should be a no-brainer what needs to be done.

27 minutes ago, Star700 said:

Mutagen Samples have their own purpose and are an uncommon drop on only 2 planets and it takes 125 

What do you need Mutagen samples for? Other than clan research, you need 10 to make Nidus, and can use 10 to make a Mutagen Mass (which are easily obtained from Invasions and Fortuna bounties). And that's it. 

38 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

What do you need Mutagen samples for? Other than clan research

If you omit clan research you're leaving out the biggest part!  It took me the better part of a decade to finally accumulate all the Mutagen samples for the Hema in my solo clan.  And there's still at least one item in the lab that needs more Mutagen samples now.  They are too precious to spend.

Thank goodness for my abundance of Juggernaut parts.