Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff The Embolist Asap.

Anarties

The Embolist is perfectly fine.  It outputs massive, AOE (default punch through) damage while demanding that the wielder cope with its limited range.  Forget 40's and 50's: during the past couple days, I've put the weapon through its paces while duo'ing multiple missions against level 120+ enemies.  It's perfect for high-level play.  Were the weapon's range buffed, the Embolist would become far too easy too use, and far too powerful.  It'd probably be nerfed shortly thereafter.  Frankly speaking, I'd be upset were my favourite high-level secondary nerfed because a handful of people weren't able to cope with the weapon's deficiencies.

Oh, and I play primarily Frost.  At my sorts of levels, you don't want to stray far from the bubble; at levels around 40-60, though, you'd be fine with a variety of frames were you playing properly.

*Edit* Wouldn't mind slightly better ammo consumption, though.  Would be nice to avoid defaulting to pistol mutation all of the time.

Edited by Nept

I don't want to accuse you of being a hypster elitist, but now that I said it, it's hard to believe, that I'm not thinking it. Haha.

It's the same with the Lanka thread and even my Volt thread where people wanted a complete rework where I refused to it.

So I can understand where you are coming from.

I don't want to accuse you of being a hypster elitist, but now that I said it, it's hard to believe, that I'm not thinking it. Haha.

It's the same with the Lanka thread and even my Volt thread where people wanted a complete rework where I refused to it.

So I can understand where you are coming from.

Yeah so far the responses have all been "don't change it becuase it will get nerfed", like really, no one is suggesting that it be changed to 20m or beyond, a simple 10m without a damage loss is what the weapon needs.

It's so dissapointing to read the feedback in these sections as nothing but passive droning.

I think DE just made a mistake with the 6m range for a rank8 weapon.

Edited by Empiren

like really, no one is suggesting that it be changed to 20m or beyond, a simple 10m without a damage loss is what the weapon needs.

In the OP you say it should be atleast 20 meters, so which is it?

I can understand why someone would like a range increase, i really do,

but when you start saying stuff like:

- You literally will die in all scenarios trying to use this weapon unless you are Rhino.

- You will 100% get disrupted by an Ancient because for some odd reason, their arm has more range than our gun.

- Grineer and Corpus will slaughter you and laugh if you even think about using an Embolist vs them.

It just makes it really hard to take you serious.

Embolist is not a really bad weapon, but a slight increase of range could make it more viable. It would neither hurt those who defend it nor those who want a buff.

It shouldn't get such a range like Ignis, but 6m is really short.

The premise is a range buff and no buff/nerf with decreased damage.

In the OP you say it should be atleast 20 meters, so which is it?

I can understand why someone would like a range increase, i really do,

but when you start saying stuff like:

- You literally will die in all scenarios trying to use this weapon unless you are Rhino.

- You will 100% get disrupted by an Ancient because for some odd reason, their arm has more range than our gun.

- Grineer and Corpus will slaughter you and laugh if you even think about using an Embolist vs them.

It just makes it really hard to take you serious.

I didn't say that, so......stop putting words in my mouth?

Sorry, i forget that people don't read the thread and realize conclusions made within and just look at the first post and respond to it as if we should pay attention to them.

-I'll ask the OP to change it.

"It just makes it really hard to take you seriously*(take you serious is not the correct phrase)"

Embolist is not a really bad weapon, but a slight increase of range could make it more viable. It would neither hurt those who defend it nor those who want a buff.

It shouldn't get such a range like Ignis, but 6m is really short.

The premise is a range buff and no buff/nerf with decreased damage.

yup!

And at 10m it is still half that of the ignis/flux/synapse making it "unique" and without a damage nerf, there really is  no downside.

I'm not sure who's point this video would support (if any) but I figured it was at least a worthwhile experiment.

Basically it's a lot of running and cowardice on my part. Not the cleanest or most profitable of assassinations.
Embolist build shown at end of video.

Also, if it's relevant. I was using an Uncatalyzed Rank 9 Loki, with:
Pistol Scavenger - Rank 5.
Decoy - Rank 0 (did not use).
Redirection - Rank 8.

Vigor - Rank 5.
Fortitude - Rank 0.

If any point is proved, then that loki is not underpowered. Nice play.

On a side note: The video very well demonstrates the strengths and weaknesses of Embolist. Ammo consumption, range and the damage it does.

Solo Loki Stealth Gameplay. If that isn't niche then Idon't know what is.^^

I'm not sure who's point this video would support (if any) but I figured it was at least a worthwhile experiment.

Basically it's a lot of running and cowardice on my part. Not the cleanest or most profitable of assassinations.

Redirection - Rank 8.

Vigor - Rank 5.

Fortitude - Rank 0.

It only proved that you need some sort of way to avoid damage via Rhino/Shade/Invis to actually make the Embolist do decently.

Nice run be due to that low range you were unable to take on those enemies like you would if the range were 10.

Redirection - Rank 8.

Vigor - Rank 5.

Fortitude - Rank 0.

I think the point was proven that it is melee range lol.

The ammo consumption could be justified if the range was increased.

Having used this weapon myself, I sold it after Rank 30 because I simply couldn't find any other way to incorporate it into my squishy frames without dying every 5 seconds.

A range buff would be highly recommended, so that one would not necessarily need Loki/Shade/Ash for it to be playable.

I mean I was still able to use it, given if I didn't go rushing 5 tiles ahead and stuck close to my team to give me cover.

But as for solo gameplay, the Embolist clearly shows certain deficiencies in performance. 

I'm inclined to say a buff to 10m would be nice, but the ammo consumption is the bigger issue in my eyes.

With pistol mutation most ammo problems are usually taken care of.

But it does become a problem because fire-rate does not directly effect it, in fact things that take away fire-rate are more recommended because the initial damage is not "per shot" but rather "per second".

With pistol mutation most ammo problems are usually taken care of.

But it does become a problem because fire-rate does not directly effect it, in fact things that take away fire-rate are more recommended because the initial damage is not "per shot" but rather "per second".

Well, for my part, Blast and Toxin aren't exactly the best elements to use on a shielded robot (six or so Medium Team Ammo Restores eats into the mission bottom-line like nobody's business).

But more to the point, I could have stuck an Electric mod in to make it Blast + Corrosive. So I'd only have had to use 3~4 Medium Team Ammo Restores, LOL #fml.

In any case, once I lost Shade, I lost my tactical advantage for fighting groups (hence the very direct scamper to extraction), so if I had to reload or blast didn't proc I'd have been in some deep deuxdeux, and as you could tell from the video, my agility is kinda meh-ish (especially when streaming, since that cuts my FPS in half).

Where I could see Embolist being improved most would be Range. Though, not restricting myself to JUST using it for the mission would be optimal, but might lead to ignoring it altogether, and that's NOT why we bring two "ranged" weapons, is it?

Please, go do a level on Pluto and show me how amazing your skills are with the Embolist.

Record the video and everything.

Point is, this weapons range is downright terrible and will get you killed in all scenarios.

Show me those tactics vs level 40-50 Grineer and Corpus and I will believe what you say about tactics.

i wish I had a video of this game I played on a corpus survival alert, it was level 40s to start, and me + one other person made it to 40 minutes and extract, I relied mainly on my embolist with gas damage.

Well, for my part, Blast and Toxin aren't exactly the best elements to use on a shielded robot (six or so Medium Team Ammo Restores eats into the mission bottom-line like nobody's business).

But more to the point, I could have stuck an Electric mod in to make it Blast + Corrosive. So I'd only have had to use 3~4 Medium Team Ammo Restores, LOL #fml.

In any case, once I lost Shade, I lost my tactical advantage for fighting groups (hence the very direct scamper to extraction), so if I had to reload or blast didn't proc I'd have been in some deep deuxdeux, and as you could tell from the video, my agility is kinda meh-ish (especially when streaming, since that cuts my FPS in half).

Where I could see Embolist being improved most would be Range. Though, not restricting myself to JUST using it for the mission would be optimal, but might lead to ignoring it altogether, and that's NOT why we bring two "ranged" weapons, is it?

Toxins was what helped you kill crew men, it bypasses their shields. :p

But having said that, it was a handicapped mode and you did extremely well with a non max loki no less.

The range is much too short.

The ammo consumption is much to high. The only way to maintain the ammo on the Embolist would be by having Pistol Ammo Mutation.

The damage isn't bad but...

The range is the ultimate killer of this weapon.

You literally will die in all scenarios trying to use this weapon unless you are Rhino.

You will 100% get disrupted by an Ancient because for some odd reason, their arm has more range than our gun.

Grineer and Corpus will slaughter you and laugh if you even think about using an Embolist vs them.

I'm better off using my Dual Ichor which can crit 13k than using the Embolist due to range issues.

Please give us that buff that you promised months ago literally, at least 10 meters of range for this gun.

works fine with a blast build on my valkyr, at mid game and up

On my valkyr

my valkyr

Valkyr

Sorry, can't take you seriously

im sorry. allow me to clarify: my embolist works fine on my valkyr with no health, no armor, no shield, and no moves aside from rip line.

my embolist works fine on my valkyr in tier 1,2, and 3.

my embolist works fine on my valkyr in OD survival 50 minutes+

My embolist works on my valkyr because i dont sneer at a frame like some elitest and instead take my time to truly experiment with what im working with instead of tossing it aside because of a flaw or two or five.