Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Zanuka Proves That Warframes Are More Than Suits Of Armor

Nenesse

I'm gonna say that the idea that the Tenno are humanlike guys wearing suits of power armor is now busted. They are artificial bodies containing Tenno brains--much like Major Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell.

I choose to believe that the player is a single Tenno who "downloads" into a Warframe shell when going out for missions.

Although i like ur analogy with GITS. ( i love that series)

as others stated, its described in the Codex, that they are just suits build around theier infected bodies..

Tenno are a Human faction.

The question people should be asking now is - "How much did the Voidspace change the person inside?"

Personally I'm quite convinced that the Warframes serve a dual purpose:

a. Protection and amplification of abilities and whatnot.

b. To keep the Tenno inside from falling apart.

They're probably in pretty bad shape. :3

Warframe are really just living coffins, and since were now on the subject on how much the void changed the person inside, look at rhino feets, mags, and nekros, and some frames have more fingers than others (I believe it was nekros), and maybe their helmets are more than just design, a tenno skull could have changed into a wrap shape. Now how do tenno change suits? If inside they are just infected humans.

Edited by cryotech9020

It was, in one of the live streams they said Hayden Tenno was the first proto-warframe, and the first Tenno, but that it was way back the time line, like little more than myth during the time period Warframe is set in. So, technically, it could still be canon.

Hayden Tenno was also the name of the character from the unreleased version of Dark Sector. It seems much more likely they meant him, at least to me.

Now how do tenno change suits? If inside they are just infected humans.

At this point I'm picturing a humanoid face attached to Void infused meat slurry. I guess we'll have to wait for more hints.

The hostages are Tenno, confirmed by DE so you can pretty much tell we are humans or at least evolution from them if nothing else.

Do you have said confirmation handy? At no point are they ever called Tenno in-game. Lotus only calls them Hostages and the alert text randomly calls them Lotus ops, civilians and defectors. None of those things are Tenno.

Edited by ValhaHazred

It makes sense they are infested people that survived, but the description for the ether sword claims that "it was a cleaner way of dealing with infested allies" so wouldnt that make it seem like if they got infested they wouldnt stay normal? Or could they be infested a second time?

While the Devs have indeed confirmed that the Warframes are Exo-armour and there is a Tenno (Who is a person) piloting them. I don't believe you're correct that there is a _different_ Tenno piloting each one. Otherwise story elements such as the Stalker, Mastery Tests and the taunts using your "Account" Name make no sense. I'm absolutely certain we play a single Tenno (as illustrated in the intro) who builds and chooses between multiple Warframes.

The Technocyte infection causes the pilot to "fit" the Warframe just as DE made happen back in Dark Sector.

No. They specifically said that changing warframes changes the pilot/character you are playing as. All the account based stuff is just meta game.

No. They specifically said that changing warframes changes the pilot/character you are playing as. All the account based stuff is just meta game.

Indeed. Think of each Warframe as a Champion in League of Legends. Doesn't make much sense when you have four Rhinos in a mission, but whatever.

Originally each Warframe was not supposed to be a unique character; you changed suit. You could probably set a gender to your account as well (Nyx is Excalibro but with boobs). However at some point this idea was scrapped, perhaps due to time or resources.

This is why we have sort of a confusing system: the profile and such indicates that you are an individual Tenno while the Warframe system points towards the opposite: because the two ideas were both being worked on at some point.

When did they say that? I'm most interested to read/hear that.

I can't recall, probably one of the earlier Livestreams. It makes sense when you think about it: Dark Sector was the inspiration for Warframe (some might even say it is Warframe lore at this point) and the nature of the Warframes as suits in that game clearly points towards them being interchangeable.

Then you have the deal with Nyx quite obviously being a gender swap of Excalibro who is the first Warframe designed. This definitely points towards the idea that they intended for there to be a male and female version of each Warframe early in development.

Yeah I mean, last I heard they were still undecided. I thought they had clarified the issue.

Recent development actually points towards the original idea being reconsidered.

In the first Alad V trailer, he killed Excalibro.

If indeed there is only one Excalibro, that'd be quite a sticky situation right there.

Recent development actually points towards the original idea being reconsidered.

I can't quote it for obvious reasons, but in the Codex DC thread near the end Steve (or Scott?) said that Warframes where definitely just equipment. He went on to clarify that there is no Tenno Bob who likes x and y. We are our own characters.

I whish we didn't lack this lore. But I also think that we don't a lot of lore because we the tenno/players, have amnesia, and don't know what's going on. However, It would make more sense if warframes weren't gender bound. Because if your a male tenno with an excaliber frame, why would you grow boobs if you put on an ember frame? Its the little things DE.

I whish we didn't lack this lore. But I also think that we don't a lot of lore because we the tenno/players, have amnesia, and don't know what's going on. However, It would make more sense if warframes weren't gender bound. Because if your a male tenno with an excaliber frame, why would you grow boobs if you put on an ember frame? Its the little things DE.

You don't have to go as far as gender bending to find oddities. I'd like to see the guy inside the Rhino Waframe fit into the Nekros Warframe.