Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Zanuka Proves That Warframes Are More Than Suits Of Armor

Nenesse

They are infested, they survived the exposure to the raw void because of than infection, and they were wrapped in suits to allow them to survive closing with the enemy long enough to wreak havoc with their hell wrought abilities. They are human/human evolved people, with incredible abilities, wrapped in suits. Deal with it.

I don't think so, I believe they _gained_ their Technocyte infection from the void. The first Warframes were seemingly built around "Exemplar" Tenno each being unique to the Tenno it was constructed around (From the Excalibur codex entry), shaped by their unique mutation and abilities. Later, it seems, material from these one-of-a-kind Warframes was extracted and used to make more generic versions of of the 'Frame that any of the later Tenno could use by "attuning" their mutation to the Warframe. Hence the Prime Warframe lines were born.

The language of the Excalibur codex entry makes no sense if the pre-Tenno were already infested as any additional mutations brought on by the void certainly wouldn't make then seem any more "twisted" and if they were already infested then anything new gained from the void wouldn't seem like an "affliction". No, my view is that "Where our science and reason failed" is alluding to the Technocyte infection bridging the gap between biology and technology, something the Orokin had issues with.

It also makes Lephantis make more sense:

* The Tenno turn tide of the war

* The Orokin view the Tenno as too difficult to replicate en-mass

* The Orokin build new things based on the same infection (Lephantis, etc)

* The Tenno find out that the Orokin have been deliberately infecting humans and creating monsters to defend themselves and possibly replace the Tenno.

* The Tenno win the war and slaughter the Orokin for war-crimes against civilian humanity

And possibly, following that:

* Humanity Reject the Tenno as they have taken their master-creators from them.

* The Tenno, tired of war retreat to cryo-sleep, only to be woken if the need is overwhelming

* In the years that follow Earth-Humanity follow in the steps of the Orokin and try to create a new protector, to protect against the infestation, a clone army.

* The clones eventually take over as they are the only major military force. Building an Empire.

* Only the far-out merchant bases remain, maintaining autonomy due to distance and maintenance of needed trade routes

* Civilization stagnates and hundred of years later we have Warframe.

That's my view anyway

Edited by SilentMobius

I don't understand how some of you can dismiss OP's theory on the basis that Valkyr has a voice. Why would it be impossible for an incredibly sophisticated cyborg body to have a synthetic voicebox? Their given example of Major Kusanagi is practically indistinguishable from a normal human.

Granted: there are many indicators that OP is wrong, but Valkyr having a voice is a terrible argument.

We reject it because the developers have said, in live streams, that each warframe has an individual tenno in it, and that when you change warframes you are changing which tenno you are playing as. There are also multiple reference to warframes as exoarmor, suits, and armor. There's no need for them to be androids, or robots with ghost souls, etc. and no evidence to point at this. So we reject it in favor of the truth.

I don't understand how some of you can dismiss OP's theory on the basis that Valkyr has a voice. Why would it be impossible for an incredibly sophisticated cyborg body to have a synthetic voicebox? Their given example of Major Kusanagi is practically indistinguishable from a normal human.

Granted: there are many indicators that OP is wrong, but Valkyr having a voice is a terrible argument.

You mean the 2 posts in this entire topic so far that used that as a reason?  And I guess the other 24 are just background noise then?

That is why I can't view the Orokin as saints ever.

Tenno know that the Orokin were using people for void experimentation and other biological body horrors as weapons.

For survival perhaps but there is no clue how could they use the TC virus once they perfected it as a mass delivery weapon.

And of course, thrusting regular humans to the voids with an extremely high fatality rate is going to leave the survivors very very vengeful.

But in the eyes of the world and Stalker, the Tenno killed their kings, that is why the Tenno wear the Betrayer tag, perhaps with pride.

Edited by fatpig84

They are infested, they survived the exposure to the raw void because of than infection, and they were wrapped in suits to allow them to survive closing with the enemy long enough to wreak havoc with their hell wrought abilities. They are human/human evolved people, with incredible abilities, wrapped in suits. Deal with it.

So basically posthuman warriors ala Crysis.

So in order to understand the Tenno we need to ask ourselves three very important questions:

1) Do Tenno like music?

DE has not covered this yet. We need to know if our Tenno like music and if so what kind? For instance maybe Rhino is a hard rock kind guy or maybe he is a smooth jazz. This will have change the way that I play him greatly. I can't very well play Rhino listening to my vast Lady Gaga collection if he isn't into that kind of stuff. I mean sure she has an amazing posterior, but her sound may not really be at the core of Rhino.

2) What are the Tenno's favorite colors?

This is a big one. I see people running around look like someone puked up some fruit salad. I don't know what kind of energy Trinity likes. I can only assume that frames like Frost and Ember like things according to their elements ( blue and red ) but you still see people, who are obviously wrong, running around with pink flames or green ice. THIS MAKES NO SENSE. DE needs to address this. It's creating problems within the community obviously and ruining the environment for other players who take their colors seriously.

3) Last but, well maybe least. Are Tenno happy with what they do?

This life going from system to system killing things is pretty lonely and morbid. Now maybe Ash loves this life. He gets to travel and is never tied down, maybe he enjoys killing. The thing is, I just don't know and it is effecting my game play. How can I play correctly not know if I am supposed to be disgruntle about the fact that I have been tasked to roam, aimlessly and with no end in sight, from planet to planet just killing the same poor creatures over and over? Or should I be excited to get up every day because I have my dream job and get to does something I love for what appears to forever?

These really need to be addressed and I hope that we can get some answers soon. I will keep pressure about this as it is ruining the game for everyone and DE needs to really focus on the players and not the game. I can't just run around killing stuff and getting items without knowing what is going on. Please DE don't hate the player, hate the game.  

Edited by bptamblyn

The warframes, as i perceived is,suit of frame templates that moulds in accordance to the attunment of power each tenno have obtained to, perhaps this might solve the "conscious controlled bodies."

With each new warframe released, its as if more and more tennos are emerging and lets say excalibur's abilities are more commonly mutated,hence one of the starting frames. But as u progress and build new frames, u discover new mutation to alter your abilities hence a new frame is built. Like how difficult a healing frame like trinity is build? Something along those lines from the way i see it?

Heh what they eat every morning before going into their killing sprees

How could they not do Frosted Flakes with a Frost on it?

Wheaties with Rhino

Nyx and Honey (Nuts and Honey...... oh what you eating? Nothin honey)

Vaubanana nut crunch

These things practically write themselves. If only I had the better photochop skills

It was, in one of the live streams they said Hayden Tenno was the first proto-warframe, and the first Tenno, but that it was way back the time line, like little more than myth during the time period Warframe is set in. So, technically, it could still be canon. 

Edit: In the first warframe, exo-armored, technocyte infested sense. His lack of exposure to the void would explain why he didn't have much in the way of space magic. Doesn't really matter one way or the other I suppose, canon or not he's too far removed from the current setting to make any difference. 

Edited by RedDirtTrooper

Vaubanana nut crunch

These things practically write themselves. If only I had the better photochop skills

You've killed me with that one. 

I've always figured the infestation manifests differently according to the genetic/biochemical make up of the affected individual. Similar dna, similar body structure, similar mutations. So that's why we have no 7 feet tall Novas, or scrawny Rhinos running about. 

This would also explain why grineer always become chargers, they're clones, they share all their dna. But the Corpus take on all sorts of powers, poison grenades, electricity, exploding etc, because each corpus is an individual being with their own unique dna sequence. 

We reject it because the developers have said, in live streams, that each warframe has an individual tenno in it, and that when you change warframes you are changing which tenno you are playing as. There are also multiple reference to warframes as exoarmor, suits, and armor. There's no need for them to be androids, or robots with ghost souls, etc. and no evidence to point at this. So we reject it in favor of the truth.

While the Devs have indeed confirmed that the Warframes are Exo-armour and there is a Tenno (Who is a person) piloting them. I don't believe you're correct that there is a _different_ Tenno piloting each one. Otherwise story elements such as the Stalker, Mastery Tests and the taunts using your "Account" Name make no sense. I'm absolutely certain we play a single Tenno (as illustrated in the intro) who builds and chooses between multiple Warframes.

The Technocyte infection causes the pilot to "fit" the Warframe just as DE made happen back in Dark Sector.

The hostages are Tenno, confirmed by DE so you can pretty much tell we are humans or at least evolution from them if nothing else. Cryopods also support Tenno, confirmed by DE again but they are mainly mere placeholder models now and nothing closer resembling Tenno with suits on or just with hostage suits on as it is a trivial detail.