Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Zanuka Proves That Warframes Are More Than Suits Of Armor

Nenesse

I whish we didn't lack this lore. But I also think that we don't a lot of lore because we the tenno/players, have amnesia, and don't know what's going on. However, It would make more sense if warframes weren't gender bound. Because if your a male tenno with an excaliber frame, why would you grow boobs if you put on an ember frame? Its the little things DE.

Because you don't ever change warframes. This isn't my opinion, this was clearly stated fact, from the developers a few livestreams ago. Changing warframes is like changing characters in Diablo, it's a totally different person for each and every frame. 

You don't have to go as far as gender bending to find oddities. I'd like to see the guy inside the Rhino Waframe fit into the Nekros Warframe.

When the "guy" is infected with the same stuff that does this and this to people when its left to run on its own I don't thin we have an issue with filling/thinning out a little, when you slap on a pre-programmed layer of the same stuff.

No. They specifically said that changing warframes changes the pilot/character you are playing as. All the account based stuff is just meta game.

I believe you are incorrect, I'm watching all the livestreams in one block and I'm up to #5 now and have seen no such thing.

Edited by SilentMobius

I believe you are incorrect, I'v'm watching all the livestreams in one block and I'm up to #5 now and have seen no such thing.

Believe what you want. I know I'm correct. It was a user question that had been submitted, Rebecca read it from the list of questions she had,  and it was clearly answered. I'm not going back over the last few live streams to find it for you, but I am absolutely, one hundred percent, dead eyed sure that I am correct. I remember the discussion about it here in the forums after they said it. Even then we had people refusing to believe, and insisting that they were shapeshifters/ninja ghost souls/robots etc. and that their account represented one individual(who was them! Them! THEM! They were TENNO!) even though we had the actual word of god, so to speak, on the subject. 

The simple truth is, this is not the case. My Warframe account is like my Guild Wars 2 account, I don't remain the same person in game there when I change from a human ranger to a charr thief, and I don't remain the same person in Warframe when I change from Excaliber to Vauban.

I think it was one of the later ones like maybe 15 or 16 or something like that.  They were talking about how the UI evolved over time and reminiscing about old iterations of the game.  I think it was the same livestream where they showed a short video or a picture of a mission where you straight-up fought zombies and ash was just called Ninja.  They were talking about it when showing off the original loadout screen and how they were originally going to have the person in the suit be you and you put on each suit but then they decided against that and went with each suit being unique.

RedDirtTrooper, on 02 Dec 2013 - 9:14 PM, said:

Believe what you want. I know I'm correct. It was a user question that had been submitted, Rebecca read it from the list of questions she had, and it was clearly answered. I'm not going back over the last few live streams to find it for you, but I am absolutely, one hundred percent, dead eyed sure that I am correct. I remember the discussion about it here in the forums after they said it. Even then we had people refusing to believe, and insisting that they were shapeshifters/ninja ghost souls/robots etc. and that their account represented one individual(who was them! Them! THEM! They were TENNO!) even though we had the actual word of god, so to speak, on the subject.

The simple truth is, this is not the case. My Warframe account is like my Guild Wars 2 account, I don't remain the same person in game there when I change from a human ranger to a charr thief, and I don't remain the same person in Warframe when I change from Excaliber to Vauban.

In Guild Wars 2 you don't change character when you change Armour, and the devs have repeatedly referred to the Warframes as equipment, just as it's presented in the UI.

In GW2 your living story progress is per character, in Warframe your solar/story progress is not per Warframe

In GW2 your equipment is per character except for an explicit bank, in Warframe your equipment is central.

In GW2 your _XP_ is per character, in Warframe your Mastery and weapon affinity if not per Warframe

So yes, GW2 is a good comparison, but not in the way you offered it.

But also, if you are correct, why is it that when I asked an explicit question of DE Rebecca, only a few days ago, I was _not_ given an explicit answer, in fact it was suggested that lore entries in the Codex will answer these questions over time.

In the earlier livestream sthe Devs _have_ said that they wanted to add more character to the Warframes _like_ champions in league of legends, they also talk about _character_ customization (singluar) and story progression like an MMO.

Also I was watching the last three livestreams and it surely wasn't mentioned in those.

I'll get up to to date soon enough and we'll see if you're mis-remembering or not. [size=4]Certainly if it _was_ answered even Rebecca is no longer sure of the answer. Hence I'm of the opinion that you are mistaken, given that you, nor anyone else, seems to be able to find the aforementioned livestream.[/size]

[size=4]EDIT. [/size][size=4]So Far:[/size]

[size=4]* Nothing in Livestreams 1-5[/size]

[size=4]* Livestream 13 commented on the morality of the Tenno and the Lotus "they are 3 dimensional and they are complex but they are not the bad guys" (Which is interesting) but nothing on the individuality per account/Warframe of the Tenno[/size]

[size=4]* Nothing in Livestream 14-16[/size]

[size=4]* Livestream 17 shows old footage of an animated Warframe change without any pilot-swapping[/size]

Edited by SilentMobius

I'm not searching for it, as I said, believe what you want. The answer was asked, and answered. Unless they give an explicitly different answer then I'm going with what I know to be true. I honestly find the urge to come up with some convoluted android explanation pretty stupid. If it makes you feel better though, believe whatever you want.

I'm not searching for it, as I said, believe what you want. The answer was asked, and answered. Unless they give an explicitly different answer then I'm going with what I know to be true. I honestly find the urge to come up with some convoluted android explanation pretty stupid. If it makes you feel better though, believe whatever you want.

I have no such "Android" explanation. It's just a Tenno, a Technocyte infected person as mentioned in the Excalibur codex.

Just one per account, just like _everything_ in the story, gameplay, in-game voice and UI suggests. That wears the Warframes they build.

Oh, I apologize, I should have said convoluted Technocyte infected person who shape shifts from male to female explanation

Convoluted? Considering this is precisely what happens in Dark Sector (Nadia Sudek, female, technocyte infected, pilots the male proto-Warframe Nemesis, that she can't possibly fit in normally) I'd hardly consider a 4 year old precedent 'convoluted'

Edited by SilentMobius

Convoluted? Considering this is precisely what happens in Dark Sector (Nadia Sudek, female, technocyte infected, pilots the male proto-Warframe Nemesis, that she can't possibly fit in normally) I'd hardly consider a 4 year old precedent 'convoluted'

Except that it is STILL unclear as to whether or not the Dark Secotor you speak of and Warframe are the same continuity. There are many instances that would leave someone to make that connection, to be sure, but there are many that contradict it as well.

Until there's a definite answer from DE, in the form of a straight answer or the codex, I don't believe this to be an acceptable connection.

Believe what you want. I know I'm correct. It was a user question that had been submitted, Rebecca read it from the list of questions she had,  and it was clearly answered. I'm not going back over the last few live streams to find it for you, but I am absolutely, one hundred percent, dead eyed sure that I am correct. I remember the discussion about it here in the forums after they said it. Even then we had people refusing to believe, and insisting that they were shapeshifters/ninja ghost souls/robots etc. and that their account represented one individual(who was them! Them! THEM! They were TENNO!) even though we had the actual word of god, so to speak, on the subject. 

You are right. I saw this personally in the livestreams as well. We are supposed to be the Tenno that is why they don't have a voice(we speak for them).

Edited by Arlayn

not quite sure of your point there op: 

MftKd6Z.jpg

"alad stole your people, cut them to pieces, and welded them into his freak zanuka"

Ever heard of Victor Frankenstein? Ever read the ORIGINAL Frankenstein book? Should try it sometime. Cause Zanuka is a Tenno Frankenstein's monster, and Frankenstein's monster was flesh sewn together. The Zanuka was just easier because each part was already in a suit. He may have added something else in to make the flesh come together. Also you cannot weld it together literally otherwise it would be a big metal statue. Have you ever seen welding? If welding makes a Zanuka. Then damn I guess if I use a blowtorch to weld a metal arm to a wall it must move right?

This. The Orokin built the Warframes around the twisted people who came back from the Void.

That would imply that each warframe is a separate being, since I assume if the twisted beings were taken apart from the armour they would die? Sorta like darth vader.

Oh, I apologize, I should have said convoluted Technocyte infected person who shape shifts from male to female explanation

Technically, a male should be able to wear female armor without much problems. The other way around may not be as easy, but it surely is possible as well.

We don't know what Tenno look like, so perhaps they're all androgynous? Basic male human form would be my guess then.

Leaves the question why there are female suits, though. Perhaps nostalgia? Or they're replicating designs without changing them.