The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eurogamer Warframe Review

AudioRejectz

TPS diablo with ninja moves? Going to be honest... There is only one game in known existence that is EXACTLY like Warframe, but slightly better. Without multiplayer, and that was Vanquish. How in the hell did you get Diablo?

Might I add the eurogamer reviewer was quite awful. How did he get generic? Seriously I have over a hundred Ps1, Ps2, N64, Sega Genesis, well over 50 PS3 games, and some download only. TONS of PC games, and plenty of the older game console games laying around. I have gone to Arcades, and I traveled the many hundreds of online games...

I can honestly say once more ONLY VANQUISH is like Warframe... Never has a game like it ever come into existence.

Removing all the parkour, flashy skills and stuff, at Warframe's core it is a farming and grinding game. 

But a highly enjoyable one. 

You farm to craft.

You imbue your weapons with enchantment using mods (mods work like gems). 

You go kill bosses to get new frames (as opposed to getting new phat lewt).

You area farm for exp and drops.

Then you challenge yourself in "endless arenas" just like D3 players trying to keep farming Monster power 10 games.

That is all to it. 

Break it down, Warframe is just like this.

But yes it is a good grinding game.

Never saw the review for it, but when I picked up the box in Gamestop I immedtily put it back down again... The back sounded like a Call of Duty rip off with poor man's mechanics.

You dare to call an Obsidian game a CoD rip off? It's more like Neverwinter Nights 2 guest-starring Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell games (Pre-Conviction).

Alpha Protocol was amazing.  It's a spy thriller that doesn't take itself seriously and lampshades everything for ridiculous effect.  I never laughed so hard playing a shooter in a long time.

Play 007 Goldeneye reloaded. NOW THAT was a funny spy thriller. Especially when you get to the awful tank level. On another note not a fan of spy games... Died way too damn many times in Splinter cell from mechanics that MAKE NO SENSE.

It kinda does help evade the aimbot to run around, roll, or jump. The aimbot isn't as great, and mighty as some would think. Just need to think outside the box. Also cover is awful. You know how many games I have died in from accidently gluing to an object and dying? (Happened a lot in Dark Sector)

Evading Hitscan and AOE?

Cover can be done well or not. in some games it's awful, in most it's great.

Dark Sector sucked in various areas, don't use it as an example of anything.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

You dare to call an Obsidian game a CoD rip off? It's more like Neverwinter Nights 2 guest-starring Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell games (Pre-Conviction).

NOOOOOOOOOOO NWN 2 RUINED THE ENTIRE GAME!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY IT WAS GOOD!?

I loved NWN. When they started NWN 2 and abandoned NWN 1 it was the end of a grand era. NWN 2 had a highly advanced build you own world creator system that was so over the top it required a literal God computer just to use it. I still can't use it to this day with the newest tech on gamer laptops. Back in the day NWN 1 was the BEST online game ever. I loved that gamed to death! The purple dragon knight thing was abit stupid though at the last second. Was like... what? Plus NWN 2 took away the ability to transform into dragons due to using the new rule sets which I hated.

Evading Hitscan?

Cover can be done well or not. in some games it's awful, in most it's great.

Dark Sector sucked in various areas, don't use it as an example of anything.

Dark Sector was a fun game. What are you talking about? I love random gorey massacre type games, and the glaive mechanic pretty much sold it for me. Plus wearing the suit was quite welcome nearing the end of the game.

Dark Sector was a fun game. What are you talking about? I love random gorey massacre type games, and the glaive mechanic pretty much sold it for me. Plus wearing the suit was quite welcome nearing the end of the game.

Dunno, I had more fun fighting zombies in Minecraft's nights.

It had a weird moving system, a meh story, debatable melee. Yes Glaive was fun. I totally hated the self-destructing weapons.

Because saying it like that makes the game seem to much better.

Im saying it like what can actually be done in game.

I know. But I feel pity for the poor braindead AI mobs and I try to play fair and not expoit this detail.

So in every video game you give the AI a better chance?

Cause every video game has AI doing stupid stuff because.... it's AI.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Im saying it like what can actually be done in game.

Fully aware of that, but it doesn't make the game any less junky. The ability to do such things doesn't reflect good cover mechanics, rather it makes them seem worse. Cover is either totally irrelevant by not stopping enemies at all, or it makes you 100% untouchable with no way for enemies to fight back.

Its crude and does not show a quality product.

So in every video game you give the AI a better chance?

Cause every video game has AI doing stupid stuff because.... it's AI.

Yes. To make and example with other games, I try to not exploit dumb AI by parking my fighter practically at a few cm from a space station's hull near beams and superstructure and wait for the AI to crash and die against said station beams and structures. I don't do similar things to make their stray shots hit another vessel and make it go aggro on them and do my job.

I try to not exploit plot-invincible characters as a bait to aggro a bunch of ultra-powerful mobs and then snipe them from a safe distance while they are playing with the invulnerable chew toy.

I try to not bring with me or mod to nerf or under-equip completely OP companions that do all the killing while also being unstoppable tanks because the idiot devs didn't scale difficulty for them too, so while my weapons that deal half damage and enemy weapons deal double damage to me, they waltz in and flabbergast anything with their normal guns and normal damage.

Because it makes me feel an idiot. Gee, I'm sidestepping a completely idiot opponent with no effort, how fun that is, how cool I feel!

Fully aware of that, but it doesn't make the game any less junky. The ability to do such things doesn't reflect good cover mechanics, rather it makes them seem worse. Cover is either totally irrelevant by not stopping enemies at all, or it makes you 100% untouchable with no way for enemies to fight back.

but why use cover? I just played Orokin tower T1 Exterminate. I was taking on a Corrupted corpus using Aklex staying still. As they moved in closer to me shooting the bullets whizzed past my sides, and over my head. A few hit me directly, but for the most part it is not an aimbot.

edit: and if it is an aimbot I must be the Bullet Christ.

Edited by Arlayn

if eurogamer gave this a 4/10, they arent real reviewers that look deeply into their games.

That's the thing. You have to spend an inordinate amount of time to be able to "look deeply" into Warframe. I'd say you need to spend at least 2 weeks of 4-5 hours playing a day (with most of the time spent be grinding the same mission over and over again) in addition to accelerating progress using platinum. A bare minimum of 70 hours of time invested to be able to get to the point where you can start to enjoy Warframe to the extent that people like us who've sunk over 200 hours into the game do. Does that sound reasonable to you?

Edited by Lunarsage

I haven't really read through all the thread, but I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about "In fairness, the micro-payment system isn't too bad, despite there being a mind-boggling option to spend £109 in one go." DE, please notice that it IS mind-boggling for a "micro-transaction" to be almost twice the amount an AAA game would cost at release.

Edited by kuliise

??? So being able to some sort of cover that works makes the game look bad?

Yes. To make and example with other games, I try to not exploit dumb AI by parking my fighter practically at a few cm from a space station's hull near beams and superstructure and wait for the AI to crash and die against said station beams and structures. I don't do similar things to make their stray shots hit another vessel and make it go aggro on them and do my job.

I try to not exploit plot-invincible characters as a bait to aggro a bunch of ultra-powerful mobs and then snipe them from a safe distance while they are playing with the invulnerable chew toy.

I try to not bring with me or mod to nerf or under-equip completely OP companions that do all the killing while also being unstoppable tanks because the idiot devs didn't scale difficulty for them too, so while my weapons that deal half damage and enemy weapons deal double damage to me, they waltz in and flabbergast anything with their normal guns and normal damage.

Because it makes me feel an idiot. Gee, I'm sidestepping a completely idiot opponent with no effort, how fun that is, how cool I feel!

I wasnt talking about using exploits.

??? So being able to some sort of cover that works makes the game look bad?

No, being able to blatantly shoot through walls(without the mod that allows you to do so), when you clearly aren't supposed to be able to makes the game look bad.

Another great example of this is shooting things at obscene angles because of this. You can shoot things standing behind you if the crosshair is on them, regardless of which direction your frame is facing.

What is so hard about conveying that.

Edited by DecoyCode

No, being able to blatantly shoot through walls(without the mod that allows you to do so), when you clearly aren't supposed to be able to makes the game look bad.

Another great example of this is shooting things at obscene angles because of this. You can shoot things standing behind you if the crosshair is on them, regardless of which direction your frame is facing.

What is so hard about conveying that.

I never encounters these bugs.

How can your cross hair be behind you?

Anyway, post them in the bug section so they could get fixed.

All games have bugs, this isnt anything new.

The truth hurts.

But the reviewer hit on many of the critical aspects any FPS gamer is bound to notice after just a couple hours.

The game is classified a thirdperson shooter. Cant expect to compete with any modern shooter when the AI is outdated compared to some 10 year old shooters.

Hopefully DE will take some feedback, since they have lost focus.