Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did They Nerf Mag/mag Prime?

SaltyFishXD

Question

19 answers to this question

It isn't. I am still perfectly capable of killing things through doors and walls.

It's not quite nerfed, it's just not Armour Ignore damage anymore and Magnetic damage is pretty specific to Shields and Robots.

this

I was doing pretty well 30 minutes into Jupiter Survival

shield polarize is still great, its just that now grineer don't have shields, so its only effective against corpus and corrupted. but even so, its still one of the most deadly skills. pull was never meant to be on par with an ult, so I'm glad it actually can pull in enemies without killing the entire room (but as someone mentioned, level 20 enemies are what level ~50 enemies used to be, so pull starts losing its edge by that point)

It isn't. I am still perfectly capable of killing things through doors and walls.

It's not quite nerfed, it's just not Armour Ignore damage anymore and Magnetic damage is pretty specific to Shields and Robots.

I have a feeling that pull is based on the camera's LOS, rather than Mag's.  I tried by facing a wall but having my camera peer around the corner and pulling, still got the enemies beyond the wall.  But look at a box with an enemy behind it (even for the camera) and it won't pull them.

I was running Apollodorus yesterday, leveling my MAg up, and there were times when I killed enemies behind closed doors.  I wonder if starting the cast when the door is partially open, even the smallest amount, had something to do with that.  I found that I had few problems with the non-heavy grenier at level 20.

I have a feeling that pull is based on the camera's LOS, rather than Mag's. I tried by facing a wall but having my camera peer around the corner and pulling, still got the enemies beyond the wall. But look at a box with an enemy behind it (even for the camera) and it won't pull them.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It explains why I can pull things slightly behind me. However I can still pull things the camera can't actually see as long as it's in the area.

Edit: See? In no way can Mag or the camera see those guys.

w9ns.jpg

Edited by ValhaHazred