Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Hope De Meant To Make Status Chance Mods Flat Valued.

Shehriazad

no I mean that 10% and 12.5% in game make do difference?

ehh, probably not much. it's just that the only other mods i have for pistol worth anything are stuff like Hawk Eye, Ammo Mutation, and Trick Mag, which I don't need. Stunning speed is on there mostly for the reload speed. TBH crit mods would be more useful, but I'm probably not going to find the time to build those up.

It's just sad that there is quite a few mods out there ( and a few that would have to be made first) that would require so little effort to be fixed up and create so much diversity...almost disgusting how DE is not taking that step.

Since DE likes using the Live server as testing facility anyway (just look at the hundreds of bugs in U11...can't tell me that there was any worth mentionable QA) just do it for Ruks' sake.

Not like your system could get any worse by adding new supportive mods that open up more build options....

If they want to make proc builds a "thing" without increasing the base proc chances, then they need to increase the proc mods to about 150% (like point strike). Currently the only people who will run proc mods are people who want to be different just for the sake of being different, because there is NO practical value in wasting a mod slot on any of these proc mods in their current state.

I feel you bro. Yours, mine and many other topics about status chance have been posted, but ignored.

everyday I am feeling less and less positive about warframe. 2 weeks have passed and still no major fixing for damage 2.0 and I am not even starting to talk about improving the gameplay, parkour.

In case you want to read my stuff about status chance mods:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135739-status-chance-mods-are-broken-increase-is-not-noticeable-plus-melee-related-effects/#entry1623891

It feels like they're pretending to miss these topics or something, even though they keep telling how often they visit forums and read them. We could really use some responses from the Devs.

wait for the livestream, hopefully this friday, and make sure you post questions like that quickly.

right now, i don´t think proc chances are on top on their list. and parkour will probably come after melee rework, and stealth rework.

in any case, if i feel like things are improving slowly, then i will just wait until the next update or release.

Or they could leave them percentile-based but buff them to 100% at max rank. That way the Soma at least reaches 10%, which isn't as impressive as 17.5%, but is still pretty decent for a machine gun.

Yes that would also be an option.

I just hate to see an opportunity to easily create build diversity just pass.....

If you're going to be a smart &#!, then provide the appropriate correction(s).

I guess I'm the only one here who graduated high school, let's look at how odds work shall we?

At a 10% chance PER bullet you don't just add up the amount of shots you have and times that by 10% to get the amount that'll proc. That's like saying if there is a contest for those 'roll up the rim to win' coffee cups wherein you have a 1 in 6 chance to win, and you buy 6 cups of coffee you have a guaranteed chance to win one of them.

It doesn't work that way, it's a 1 in 6 chance to win PER cup. Same goes with status chance PER bullet, if you fire 100 bullets with a 10% chance of proc that doesn't mean 10 of them will proc. It's a 10% chance PER bullet, your odds don't change regardless of how many shots you fire.

Now what that means obviously is that while shooting more bullets may increase the odds of actually GETTING a bullet to proc it doesn't mean that given a set amount of bullets (his example of having 616 bullets and 62 of them would proc) a set amount will have a elemental effect applied.

I guess I'm the only one here who graduated high school, let's look at how odds work shall we?

At a 10% chance PER bullet you don't just add up the amount of shots you have and times that by 10% to get the amount that'll proc. That's like saying if there is a contest for those 'roll up the rim to win' coffee cups wherein you have a 1 in 6 chance to win, and you buy 6 cups of coffee you have a guaranteed chance to win one of them.

It doesn't work that way, it's a 1 in 6 chance to win PER cup. Same goes with status chance PER bullet, if you fire 100 bullets with a 10% chance of proc that doesn't mean 10 of them will proc. It's a 10% chance PER bullet, your odds don't change regardless of how many shots you fire.

Now what that means obviously is that while shooting more bullets may increase the odds of actually GETTING a bullet to proc it doesn't mean that given a set amount of bullets (his example of having 616 bullets and 62 of them would proc) a set amount will have a elemental effect applied.

What is means, to repeat this is:  Each SINGLE bullet has a chance of going off, but more the way it works out is it's more likely that none of them will go off.

~snip~

I assumed he was making an average, and you were correcting him on the chance multiplier.

10% chance per bullet, but 5 different rolls of that chance. (Impact, Puncture, Slash, Elemental 1, Ele 2)

So help me out, highschool was a long time ago:

Probability of Status chance ( Impact or Puncture or Slash or Ele 1 or Ele 2) = Probability of (Impact) + (Puncture) + (Slash) + (Ele 1) + (Ele 2)

Therefore, if a weapon has 10% status, and 5 different damage types, it has a 50% chance to proc at least 1 per bullet.

Correct?

I assumed he was making an average, and you were correcting him on the chance multiplier.

10% chance per bullet, but 5 different rolls of that chance. (Impact, Puncture, Slash, Elemental 1, Ele 2)

So help me out, highschool was a long time ago:

Probability of Status chance ( Impact or Puncture or Slash or Ele 1 or Ele 2) = Probability of (Impact) + (Puncture) + (Slash) + (Ele 1) + (Ele 2)

Therefore, if a weapon has 10% status, and 5 different damage types, it has a 50% chance to proc at least 1 per bullet.

Correct?

Nope, the 10% status chance (also remember I'm using 10% as a base example, I know other weapons have a higher or lower status chance) is applied to each separately, the only thing that increases the status chance is the specific mod for each weapon type (Melee Prowess, Rifle Aptitude, etc.)

Edit: Reading over again I gather what you're thinking is that because having 5 different damage types at 10% status chance it equals up to 50% chance but again that isn't the case.

You have to look at them separately, by your logic with 5 damage types equipped you'd be getting a 50/50 chance of proc every shot which if you go and try it simply isn't the case.

Edited by Seze

Nope, the 10% status chance (also remember I'm using 10% as a base example, I know other weapons have a higher or lower status chance) is applied to each separately, the only thing that increases the status chance is the specific mod for each weapon type (Melee Prowess, Rifle Aptitude, etc.)

But I don't believe that to be correct. My Soma will proc at least once per 4 shots, and it sits at 7%

Remember that I said "or"

I'm saying that Soma will get at least one proc of one of the 5 different damages 35% of the time. (5 x 7)

If you add multishot, and round up to 100% multishot for math's sake, that's 70% chance to see a status effect on each ammo spent.

But I don't believe that to be correct. My Soma will proc at least once per 4 shots, and it sits at 7%

Remember that I said "or"

I'm saying that Soma will get at least one proc of one of the 5 different damages 35% of the time. (5 x 7)

If you add multishot, and round up to 100% multishot for math's sake, that's 70% chance to see a status effect on each ammo spent.

Then you're lucky.  Because I've emptied entire weapons with Magnetic, like the 648 bullets my Gorgon has, and had not one bullet actually proc.

It calculates PER effect, every 10% chance is per incident, per bullet, per mod.

Then you're lucky.  Because I've emptied entire weapons with Magnetic, like the 648 bullets my Gorgon has, and had not one bullet actually proc.

It calculates PER effect, every 10% chance is per incident, per bullet, per mod.

Were you playing solo? I don't see the visual effects either when I'm in multiplayer.