Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Who Remembers The Closed Beta?

Rettycombine

I can't  remember where in the timeline this memory is from, but do you all remember the sticky electric balls that would have you just standing there sputtering and farting while your friends tried to smack it off of you...  I hated that shirt.

I read about that. The Grineer Seekers slapped them on you when they got close. They would simply deal a one time damage if you played alone.

Oh man that reminds me back when i started (not closed beta sadly) when the Grineer butchers were still the sawmen. I loved them.

Their sound could cause players to try picking them out among the attackers because even if they didn't deal that much damage, you didn't wanted someone with a buzzsaw in his hand to come close to you. It was a nice psychological effect that is completely lost among the butchers who are more an annoyance you simply gun down because they get in your line of fire.

joined in update 5, some days before hek was introduced, still remember days when you would able to have over 5000shields with mods, ember was a guy actualy i liked him more, hey anyway shooting enemy was different, first time got in infested ship was realy creapy,

Ember was male?

Shhhh don't say that word here, you'll trigger my PTSD.

Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos.

It's interesting to see the way the loading screens have changed.

Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos, Nervos.

It's interesting to see the way the loading screens have changed.

Explain?

6.5 was still, by far, my favorate iteration of this game.

actually, doesn´t it feel like there are no more doomsayers, saying how the game will fall down to the abyss, to be forgotten forever if they don´t fix a silly bug that bothers them?

They are certianly still around; but a lot of them have wandered off. For what it's worth, warframe 7.0 marked the highest concurrent steam usership of the game and it's been on a slow path to a holding pattern to roughly the low end of the average usership the first month... PS4 might help bolster numbers... kind of early to tell really. Signs point to Warframe doing just fine but frankly most of the long-time players I know have wandered off (myself mostly included).

I think part of why it might seem like it's happening less is the moderators have gotten a LOT more strict within the last few months and tend to toss a lot of the negative threads into much less viewed forum sections.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I joined I think just a day or so before Update 5.4... Just before the Scindo came out. I remember the skill trees and stuff. And the blue glowy things that showed how many mods you had equipped. I remember some frames had fewer mod slots than others, so my Volt was decked out with fifteen or so glowy blue bits and my Frost only had eight or so. And poor Excal was not potatoed so he only had five.