Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Who Remembers The Closed Beta?

Rettycombine

When mods never even existed,instead you gained mod points to put where you want each time you leveled up. When weapons all had the same Icon,when it took you 10 minutes of constant meleeing to kill Hek(which back then was on the Corpus ship tileset) if you wanted trinity...ah yes,good old times...good times.

I remember destroying all of my Excalibur ability mods because I had no idea how the whole fusion thing worked and I was playing Excalibur without a single ability, lol. Then DE gave us 150 platinum or they gave us 100....anyways, I had 150 platinum and bought Loki, sold Excalibur and Loki is still my favorite warframe. Yes, the game was repetitive as hell back then, all the levels looking the same.

When the forums were filled with people actually being helpful? When there weren't threads full of idiocy? When the devs could actually hop onto the forums and get actual feedback instead of asinine complaints and doomsaying?

I remember.

Ermm... Is this what they call irony?

But yes, I remember closed beta :) One tile-set! One tile-set that ruled them all!

joined in update 5, some days before hek was introduced, still remember days when you would able to have over 5000shields with mods, ember was a guy actualy i liked him more, hey anyway shooting enemy was different, first time got in infested ship was realy creapy,

Lol I remember most of the things you've all mentioned. The old tree mod system, Excalibur, Loki, and Volt as your first choice for a starting frame, two tilesets for every planet (at least when I jumped on), and Scindo vs. Fragor debates. 

Haha oh man. When the Stalker was slipped into a new patch, and I got him for the first time I was freaking the hell out.

I'm playing solo when suddenly I hear all these hollow echoes and chants followed by my screen flickering black frequently. Then suddenly I'm rushed by this dark figure that Slash Dashed me into oblivion. Or maybe he just melee'd me to death. Needless to say, I had no idea what the heff was going on. 

When the forums were filled with people actually being helpful? When there weren't threads full of idiocy? When the devs could actually hop onto the forums and get actual feedback instead of asinine complaints and doomsaying?

I remember.

actually, doesn´t it feel like there are no more doomsayers, saying how the game will fall down to the abyss, to be forgotten forever if they don´t fix a silly bug that bothers them?

I can't  remember where in the timeline this memory is from, but do you all remember the sticky electric balls that would have you just standing there sputtering and farting while your friends tried to smack it off of you...  I hated that shirt.

The old days. I joined shortly before the Heavy Metal update (Heavy weapons like Scindo yay!) and shortly after the Ember gender change. those were some times.  Power range enough for a small range Ult to clear three rooms.  a Gorgon with 95% Multishot and 1400 Ammo and a clip of 745  with 150% extra firing speed and damage. (Duo mods <3 )  Anyone still remember the "Pro" System?  before Potatos. when you had to spend platinum to upgrade your gear to "pro" for more mod slots and other "slots"   Edit: As someone above me said. the Seekers ultimate weapon.  forgot their name but the electric latchers that didnt explode.  Now they were amazing. really made you watch out for seekers!

Edited by Marabunta5