Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Who Remembers The Closed Beta?

Rettycombine

And when the game was much more repetitive? And when the maps were all the same? yeah i remember that :P

Not that the game isn't still extremely repetivive these days.

Also maps are also still the same! We just got a few more tilsets these days which repeat themself.

Actualy i beginn to like the idea of all levels having clear layouts, but with the mission changing the way we can access them. Meaning a Grineer galleon is always build the same, but in some missions we can only access our objective via route A, in others we can reach it via A and B and in some the routes become blocked and we have to find a new way to reach our objective via route D.

We are allready seeing the same rooms over and over. By now they might aswell give us the chance to use them for navigation ala:

"Okay this were the 3 cannon rooms. Now there are 2 ways the game could lead me to the reactor room. Ah damn, only the one through the barracks is open!".

Remember when this was normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2yAwrXG9VM

Oh look, longswords being usefull. Also we still have awkward jerking strike animations these days with the Fangs, who look like you are a crazy drummer.

Edited by Othergrunty

I remember when volt could use one overload and clear an entire corpus ship in an endless wave of lightning.

Or when you could stack mods and run faster through a level than it could render the tiles, or get an insane level of puncture that allowed you to shoot between tiles.

And when the game was much more repetitive? And when the maps were all the same? yeah i remember that :P

Oh yeah , is way less repetitive now .

1/Enter in mission

2/Kill and follow mini map exept if minimap is bugged open the big one

3/Loot or open oxygen stuff / capture target / or save hostage (PS : do step 2 kill whatever coming to you)

4/Repeat previous step

5/I almost forgot , go back to def to get key or survival and back to step 4

I remember Mod System 1.0, and Rank 10 Rare Fusion Cores. I remember 10k crits with quick melees and Time based Rhino Invulnerability.

I remember 400% Multishot, and Potatoing your weaponry just to unlock more Mod Slots and the Ult abilities.

I remember the joy we all felt upon the release of the Grineer Asteroid Tileset, the "OH BOY OH JOY IT'S A NEW TOY" sensation that rocked the Orokin legacy.

Yes, I remember. I remember it well.

Ah, back in the day....

Back when the Hek was the God of weaponry.

Back when you needed a potato to use your ult.

<3

My favourite time of the past, however, was when Stalker was first released.

The forums were full of players going "OMG got attacked by this thing called the Stalker".

90% of replies would be accusing them of lying.

Edited by Nugget_