Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

so funny..

the condescending attitude of people playing brakk before the nerf and the whining now..too precious

No, now you are just being a d!ck, I got the brakk and never once had a condescending attitude. I had it and kept it with me in case things got harsh (like a stalker visit or on survivals), used other weapons till I could do sufficient damage.

No, now you are just being a d!ck, I got the brakk and never once had a condescending attitude. I had it and kept it with me in case things got harsh (like a stalker visit or on survivals), used other weapons till I could do sufficient damage.

Agreed. What attitude? If you are lucky to have squad communication at all usually everything is positive.  People have no problem explaining gear load outs and if somebody was really happy with the brakk they might share why they liked it so much.

The fact that it uses a spread hints more at a minishotgun than an hand cannon such as lex. Descriptions in-game aren't really trustworthy. The falloff was first introduced for shotguns which are spread weapons, Brakk is a spread weapon and functions as a minishotgun.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bronco got the same treatment.

If description in-game aren't trustworthy, I'm not sure what is trustworthy anymore. And how long has Bronco been around? More than Brakk for sure, and yet it's left untouched. It's the same thing all over again with the nerf of credits in voids. Nerfherders and whiners FTW. 

The Brakk still absurdly outclasses all the other shotgun pistols, and even some real shotguns. It should be balanced with consideration for the Bronco Prime, because as is, the Brakk trumps the Bronco Prime in literally every stat.

All I'm saying is, don't go kissing DE's little feet just for tweaking the physical damage make up and adding damage dropoff. It still needs balancing.

With all the Un-nerf the Brakk threads I thought that maybe DE would like to hear something different.

Well done for finally making it a shotgun pistol instead of a shotgun sniper. 

Previously the Brakk was the most OP secondary by far (after the Acrid was nerfed to oblivion). And possibly the most OP weapon. I mean seriously, at rank 1 it was already on par with rank 30 kunai ffs.

The only thing i have against the Brakk nerf is that it needs a little tweaking. Increasing the drop-off range by 5 meters would be about right, putting its effective range right, and possibly increasing pellet spread.

Feel free to agree with me, if you don't, I really couldn't care less so you can go Brakk yourself. Or find me in this thread where you can see my argument against the people who are outraged that the only secondary they have used since the Brakk was released has been brought to the correct level.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144412-removenerf-that-stupid-damage-dropoff-for-shotguns/

They already increased the pellet spread.

All I'm saying is, don't go kissing DE's little feet just for tweaking the physical damage make up and adding damage dropoff. It still needs balancing.

perhaps. i won't say yes or no. however, it's certainly in a better place than it was before. the damage per shot Brakk could pull of, was just scary.

more damage per shot than many other weapons could deal with an entire Magazine @.@

Oh hey, it's a killjoy, out to take the fun out of getting Event weapons, because he feels envious.

if you only like Event Weapons if they're 'OP', that isn't why they exist. appreciate them for the fact they are a special reward. this has little to no connection to them being better than several other guns put together. 

Edited by taiiat

I feel that this is a good first step for the Brakk. I am however cautious regarding whether this should be its final state or not.

I feel that more testing with the weapon is required to see how it stacks up against a variety of content in a variety of builds. Depending on what we find as a community, it is very possible that there will be more tweaks - either buffs or nerfs (I've really come to hate the stigma assigned to that word) - before we are through.

Regardless of the Brakk though, what I AM pleased by is how DE acted in response to community input. It's very nice to see.

Oh hey, it's a killjoy, out to take the fun out of getting Event weapons, because he feels envious.

The only reason i feel able to comment on the Brakk is because I have one you idiot. I am not envious, and i stopped using the Brakk because it was just downright stupid as a weapon. It was basically a sniper that could kill a crowd at 100 feet.

They already increased the pellet spread.

I know, the pellet spread was me suggesting a further improvement to go with the pellets doing more damage for a slightly longer distance.

The Brakk still absurdly outclasses all the other shotgun pistols, and even some real shotguns. It should be balanced with consideration for the Bronco Prime, because as is, the Brakk trumps the Bronco Prime in literally every stat.

I actually love my Bronco prime and don't understand what everyone has against it, its all about how you use it i guess.

And i know, that might be why i suggested something to balance it fully, as i did say 'the only problem i have with it'

perhaps. i won't say yes or no. however, it's certainly in a better place than it was before. the damage per shot Brakk could pull of, was just scary.

more damage per shot than many other weapons could deal with an entire Magazine @.@

if you only like Event Weapons if they're 'OP', that isn't why they exist. appreciate them for the fact they are a special reward. this has little to no connection to them being better than several other guns put together. 

I feel that this is a good first step for the Brakk. I am however cautious regarding whether this should be its final state or not.

I feel that more testing with the weapon is required to see how it stacks up against a variety of content in a variety of builds. Depending on what we find as a community, it is very possible that there will be more tweaks - either buffs or nerfs (I've really come to hate the stigma assigned to that word) - before we are through.

Regardless of the Brakk though, what I AM pleased by is how DE acted in response to community input. It's very nice to see.

Now this is what i was aiming for, people actually putting forward valid points and not just going 'hurr durr you nerfd my gun, rage rage hurr durr'

The Brakk was OP.
And an OP weapon is a bad thing.

The Brakk, as did the Soma, Acrid, and Strun Wraith before it, had it coming. Nova has it coming, as well. Soon after, weapons and Frames will be properly rebalanced in full. It would be a little strange to get every rework at once.

Firstly...

I want to make clear I am favor for nerfs. Balance is important even on co-op game.

But...

I need to comment few points here.

Before nerf exclusive event guns, we have many other problems to deal first.

Nova.

Explain me please why Nova have much more armor than Volt, Nyx, Ember, etc???

Nova is the best offense warframe in the game by far. Why that?

Cleary the right thing would be more power, less resistance.

Soma

Why the most OP gun in the game, very easy to acquire, anyone can have, still is untouched???

These examples are just few ones. The list is bigger.

Shotguns falloff is a big joke. They already have spread!

If you really need to use falloff, 10-15 meters is out of question, bad joke and unreal. I can't agree with that.

I don't liked the way Brakk was nerfed today. It is an event special gun.

Is really necessary nerf it?? Ok by me, but not like that.

Edited by IronRushBR

And possibly the most OP weapon. I mean seriously, at rank 1 it was already on par with rank 30 kunai ffs.

What you mean by that? You don't know how to mod? Please keep the exaggeration to the minimal.

Edited by Definitegj

What you mean by that? You don't know how to mod? Please keep the exaggeration to the minimal.

One trigger pull from the Brakk, at rank one, did actually exceed the damage from one hit of a non-potatoed, rank 30, kunai (rank 8 hornet strike, rank11 barrel diffuser and a rank 1 heated charge)

The only reason i feel able to comment on the Brakk is because I have one you idiot. I am not envious, and i stopped using the Brakk because it was just downright stupid as a weapon. It was basically a sniper that could kill a crowd at 100 feet.

I know, the pellet spread was me suggesting a further improvement to go with the pellets doing more damage for a slightly longer distance.

I actually love my Bronco prime and don't understand what everyone has against it, its all about how you use it i guess.

And i know, that might be why i suggested something to balance it fully, as i did say 'the only problem i have with it'

Now this is what i was aiming for, people actually putting forward valid points and not just going 'hurr durr you nerfd my gun, rage rage hurr durr'

If you look through some of the other threads,I've made plenty of constructive responses. I'm pleased it had the damage readjust (although puncture would've been nice, too many impacts recently) and the spread is fine. However, they messed up on the falloff. 10m, with 20m being absolutely dead damage wise, is without a doubt too harsh, especially for an event weapon. A better way to balance the Brakk, which had been suggested many times before, would be to drastically lower the CRIT and status ratings, not add falloff.

We can only ope DE aren't done balancing the Brakk, because currently I can't see it being viable for anything.

I'm just going to state a few things first:

Nova is not a weapon she is a warframe thus doesn't belong in this section.

Soma is not overpowered its power is earned by the formas and time you take into building the gun into what it should be.

Unless you want the shotguns in this game to turn out to the be Shotgun from Halo: Combat Evolved than fallout is perfectly fine, a shotgun is a close-moderately mid range weapon and last i checked Bucks and Slugs work in 2 very different ways. Bucks Spread and don't travel a far distance, Slugs are more compact and travel a farther distance. If DE decide to go with the Buck shot logic than it's their game they can do what they feel is balancing.

Now let's get on the touchy subject of the Brakk.

Just because the weapons is event exclusive does not mean that is should be Over Powered.

As DE stated with the Grav' Conflict Event the Detron and Brakk will be released to the market at a later date thus making it a non exclusive item. A weapon is a weapon, bad weapons have potential good weapons are self explanatory. There has to be a level of open mindedness.

We've rewritten our statistics gathering for weapons and will be chipping away at gross imbalances.

This game have tons of imbalances. They decided to start with weapons. And Brakk is good place to start fixing weapons. It was obviosly imblanced. Everyone who had Brakk used Brakk.

And IMHO Soma will be next.

As many of us knows already, the majority of so-called 'OP' weapons or just weapons effective in their own way have been nerfed since U11.

With so many competitors ripped of their original glory, an already powerful secondary rose to the glorious seat known as 'The Game Destroying Gun'.

Let me talk about why brakk is or rather was so effective in U11. Its balanced nature made it a great choice for all factions within the game. 50 damage for all basic types. Personally I just finished leveling the brakk for the 4th time after my 4th forma so it would allow for mods to counter every faction. With mods applied, the brakk was truly a ferocious weapon that quickly tears through even the toughest of enemies.

The brakk was essentially a direct upgrade from the bronco prime, being slightly better in every aspect.

Personally I loved my corrosive build the most, as it was the best at destroying high level mobs with heavy armor. And as one would expect of someone with 102 corpus runs during Gradivus, I honestly do hate the grineer. 

Now, on to the nerfed brakk.

The spread of brakk was medium tight, making it still potent at mid range, i.e. 25m-40m

Now that the spread is bigger, the weapon has become less effective at anything more than 15m away.

Once again, the functionality of a weapon has been changed during this nerf. brakk was known for its balanced nature. The heightened the impact dmg while decreasing slash and puncture. This seriously annoyed me as brakk was my main anti-armor weapon. With mod scaling applied, the brakk is barely half as effective as it was.

The part of the nerf that truly destroyed the gun for all use was the introduction of a ridiculously short fallout. With my fully modded brakk, i should be dealing around 250-300 each pallet to an enemy. Standing at what i perceive to be close range, i scored measly 8s and 28 for crits on a lvl 2 grineer. One only needs to try it in game to realise how much this has destroyed the weapon.

I've been losing hope in the game as I watch so many of my favourite weapons get changed and lose their former glory. Brakk has become my most reliable weapon and yet, this happens. 100 runs during Gradivus was not easy. The intense grinding would have thrown many off the game. We hoped that the grand prize was a good reward so we fought on, in hopes that the reward would be sweet in the end. Well, it was. But now, it's become so worthless in comparison that I wonder just what can I do. All the weapons I judge to be worthy if forma, and in turn more grinding are either already nerfed horribly or most likely awaiting its turn to get nerfed. If they touch my vectis, I'd probably just give up on the game, cos, admit it, nothing good ever stays good in warframe. 

Right now, I believe the best course of action would be to boost the effective range of the brakk so it can actually still be a semi-effective weapon instead of demoting it to a close range kill stick. We don't need those. We have galatines for that.

Edited by 10Inches