Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

It just restricts styles of play. Welcome to round 2 of the Shotgun OP debate. Adding damage fall-off to weapons doesn't Nerf the amount of damage they. All it does is force players to fight at a specified distance. Just like the how the Hex used to be a Sniper Shotgun because of its tight shot grouping until DE decided the fix was Shotgun Falloff. 

bro,

its definitely a nerf since its "restricting" our game-play choices by "forcing" us to use in only one way.

Edited by ADDpillz

It just restricts styles of play. Welcome to round 2 of the Shotgun OP debate. Adding damage fall-off to weapons doesn't Nerf the amount of damage they. All it does is force players to fight at a specified distance. Just like the how the Hex used to be a Sniper Shotgun because of its tight shot grouping until DE decided the fix was Shotgun Falloff. The result was moving shotguns in close. Meaning that any shotgun that didn't shoot fast (Hek) was considered inferior because it had less time to deal its damage.

Everyone QQ over the Brakk should been QQ a Nerf for the weapon, the Brakk had at least a 25% damage reduction coming at the MINIUME of reasonable balance. Instead ye'll should be QQ that DE brought back out the Fall-Off stick and is now going to likely be beating other hand shotguns with it. The Detron will likely come with a fall-off built in now and the Broncos will be soon to follow.

Cry because DE chose play style restriction over what was bluntly a damage output fix issue.

b5Oa4.gif

i hope u got some free plat from DE for sayin this

laff

Because I said DE is like going to come and slap damage fall-off on all the hand shotguns?

Do you really want that?

Would you rather take the fall-off back and take a pure 25% drop in the Brakks damage and spare all hand shotguns the fall-off stick?

Bronoc Prime and Detron(which isn't even in player hands yet) are next for the Fall-Off stick.

Personally, I'd take a 25% to 50% hit on my Brakks damage then have Fall-Off start making the rounds again.

DE Still hasn't made Mds to increas Fall-Off range for Shotguns.

*Sigh*

Brakk feels pretty much the same, but I've always used the hand shotgun correctly.

Close range so all the pellets hit.

However, the drop off seems quite harsh. It removes the entire meaning to "Room cleaners" shotguns have been called.

I've been standing at a door to a room, shot in, and barely done any damage.

Lots of pretty procs, but not much else.

It's more like a point blank range required weapon. Which is disappointing.

Don't think I'll be grinding my &#! off to get the shiny weapon next event.

Let me guess. You didn't get your Brakk eh? Damage fall off is a serious nerf and it makes Brakk useless past 10m, it also is the only sidearm shotgun with damage fall off! Unless they are going to give broncos damage fall then fine... no it won't be fine. This is a Event reward, we grinded 100 missions for this and now they make it useless yay.

Why are they nerfing weapons when AI's are doing more damage then ever before.  If AI's can one shot me, its only fair I can one shot them, especially on non tank warframes, its a contest of kill speed.  Now everything is a contest of survivability. Makes for a boring game experience when only certain warframes/weapon combination can actually experience the fullness of the game's content.

yes everytime a weapon is balanced and isn't made objectively better it's been nerfed.

I'm amazed how many people have no clue how balancing works in any complex constructed system like a game.

But yeah I'm wasting my breath, I know.  The brakk was really powerful before, it's still pretty damn powerful, maybe objectively less powerful than before but still more powerful than most.  Sounds more balanced to me.

Hi mr. lvl 50 Bombard, would you mind waiting for me to get close enough so that my Brakk does more than just tickling you? No?

*throws Brakk at the pile with the 90% of the other weapons that suck*

I'm laughing, thank you :D

So sad.

Realistically, shotguns don't have the best range anyway.  The speed of buck/bird shot projectiles in the Real World (the scary place outside our doors/windows.  "Weather" happens there sometimes, but that might be a bug) drops considerably as more distance is covered.

I think increasing the spread of the shotguns would have been sufficient instead of the damage drop off though.  You shouldn't be able to snipe with a shotgun.  Anything over 20 meters would be hit by 1-3 pellets anyway. 

Let me guess. You didn't get your Brakk eh? Damage fall off is a serious nerf and it makes Brakk useless past 10m, it also is the only sidearm shotgun with damage fall off! Unless they are going to give broncos damage fall then fine... no it won't be fine. This is a Event reward, we grinded 100 missions for this and now they make it useless yay.

MY POINT: DE is going to out the Fall-Off on every other Handshotgun now. Especially as people point out that the Brakk is the only one with. You can bank on the Detron for sure having it on release.

Realistically, shotguns don't have the best range anyway.  The speed of buck/bird shot projectiles in the Real World (the scary place outside our doors/windows.  "Weather" happens there sometimes, but that might be a bug) drops considerably as more distance is covered.

I think increasing the spread of the shotguns would have been sufficient instead of the damage drop off though.  You shouldn't be able to snipe with a shotgun.  Anything over 20 meters would be hit by 1-3 pellets anyway. 

"hand cannon" "space ninjas in biomech exosuits"