Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Vs Corpus...

HoopleDoople

All I am saying that if DE should do a total remake of both the Ogris and Torid, you have to be prepared to give this ridiculous ammo efficiency up. Make them truly powerful rocket and/or grenade launchers and have them work with Sniper Ammo instead.

Or something like that.

The ridiculous ammo is already put in check with the slow reload, slow charge up and the 5 round a clip. Unless you're putting in a speed trigger that thing takes about 1 -  2 seconds to charge up before you can fire a shot. Then if you're too close you gotta get away and if you accidentally roll you gotta recharge it. The drawbacks are already balancing that ridiculous ammo capacity.

The fact that I'm doing 1k - 2k damage to some corpus then do 80 - 100 to those with shield up is rather stupid. Bullets does more than a rocket that throws hundreds or even thousands of shrapnel in all direction?

No. No it isn't. It is essentially unlimited ammo.

The ammo could be 50 and it would still have ridiculous ammo efficiency with as much as ammo drops restore.  I have 6 forma on my ogris and it does pitiful amounts of damage on even low level corpus.  There is undeniably something wrong with it right now because that is not a 25% reduction.

Edited by Pieguy

I have 6 forma on my ogris and it does pitiful amounts of damage on even low level corpus. 

That is because the only damage it's really doing, despite all the mods you put in, it's Blast! And Corpus resist that element! Why you people insist in using weapons that are weak against certain enemies? Don't you have other weapons? Can't you use a Gorgon against Corpus? Or a Soma against Greener? O a Flux Rifle against Infested? They are excellent against them, why use one they are resistant to?

That is because the only damage it's really doing, despite all the mods you put in, it's Blast! And Corpus resist that element! Why you people insist in using weapons that are weak against certain enemies? Don't you have other weapons? Can't you use a Gorgon against Corpus? Or a Soma against Greener? O a Flux Rifle against Infested? They are excellent against them, why use one they are resistant to?

Players should be able to successfully use any weapon they enjoy against all enemies. Switching weapons for each enemy type is obnoxious and not even an option for the void. Again, I'm perfectly fine with other weapons outclassing the Ogris for Corpus, but the Ogris should at least be viable.

Blast/Corrosive is what is on it now, not just blast.  3400 damage should not get reduced to 100 with a weapon with this much damage.

Edited by Pieguy

Players should be able to successfully use any weapon they enjoy against all enemies. Switching weapons for each enemy type is obnoxious and not even an option for the void. Again, I'm perfectly fine with other weapons outclassing the Ogris for Corpus, but the Ogris should at least be viable.

Then tell DE to bring back Damage system 1.0. Right now you must deal with the fact that the weapons are now strong against certain enemies and some against others. And it even is logic. Infested do not have any protection, Greener use strong armors and Corpus use energy fields (Shields) to protect themselves. It's obvious that some kind of projectiles will be more effective than others to each kind of protection.

Blast/Corrosive is what is on it now, not just blast.  3400 damage should not get reduced to 100 with a weapon with this much damage.

Please, read previous post, I won't write it all again so you can save a few minutes of your time.

This is what I've realised when running the void. When I use the Ogris on Grineers/Infested, I do at least 500 damage to thousands.

When used on Corrupted Corpus Crewman, I do about 88 damage.

So yeah, it's not about the -25%, it's broken. 500 - 25% simply isn't 88.

Edited by Cosmeo