Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo Lets Talk About Valkyr Prime

KawaiirawrxDkys

I think the warframes are just suits of armor, not actual characters anymore they said (don't quote me on that). Like a military uniform, just each suit has its own specialty same as arm forces specialties (ex navy seals wear different suits compared to the rangers and airforce, etc.), there can be more then one at a time if it was just armor in that way.

That would explain the fact that in the profit video Salad v kills Excalibur. I mean you can't just kill a main character like that lol.

Each frame is its own character and technically only one of each exist (DE has said this before). I do not think that a prime version of valkyr can exist. Since she is what is left over after the corpus finished messing with her to build the zanuka project there is no prime version to give her. Since lore wise prime frames are the original versions.

To everyone so far who has said "Leave the devs alone we dont need valkyr prime yet asdfghjkl." I dont think you understood what op was asking. This is supposed to be a discussion thread on wheather or not a prime valkyr can happen lore wise.

So, following this train of thought Excalibur should be deleted from inventories of all players because he was cut into pieces in trailer. DE didn't said that each Warframe is a separate individual only that it used to be an option.

Honestly it would be highly illogical considering that we collect blueprints of parts for Warframes. It is also stated on multiple occasions that Warframes are suits of armor and should be separated from Tenno - the users.

Based on that I guess it can be safely assumed that Excalibur, Frost, Ember, Volt etc. are codenames of exoskeleton class. Furthermore most likely the original Valkyr can be, pretty much, considered a prototype unintentionally by Corpus experiments and later replicated by Tenno due to it's potential.

Can you really see the Tenno inside the Valkyr Warframe finally escaping the Corpus and thinking:1

"Actually my Warframe is radically different now from when I woke from cryo-sleep, I think I'll rename it Valkyr"

No, and the Corpus didn't _build_ that Warframe they just mangled it. Hence Valkyr must have been the name of the Warframe line _before_ the Corpus got their hands on it. Lets think this through, if we take mindless rage out of the equation what are the Valkyr's powers:

1. Lasoo/Grapple, allowing the Tenno to sail over the battlefield

2. "Shield Bash" Channel shield energy into a stun attack

3. Inspire/Intimidate shout

4. Channel energy into melee and ignoring damage.

To me that sound a lot like a Warframe from the same mythological group as Loki, simply an homage to the Valkyrie, A highly mobile, melee focussed Warframe. I like to think that those rectangular chunks (Not the forearm blocks the smaller parts on the knees, shoulders and back of the hands) over the Warframe were once attachment points for armour.

So yes I can see a Prime version of that, the only power bit I'd change would be the "Hysteria" energy melee weapon, I'd change that to a spear (and obviously matching animations, probably reusing the Orthos animations) Personally I think it could look _gorgeous_

Well I am of the mind that Valkyr is not going to become a prime frame.

However it could be possible that her original frame was not any of the frames we have seen yet.

It would be a really cool if (somewhere WAY down the line) we got her original frame. Or even if we were to get a cool exclusive Prime frame that is Valkyrs frame of origin.

Just food for thought though.

Each frame is its own character and technically only one of each exist (DE has said this before). I

I don't believe you are correct in this assumption. The Devs have said (back in livestream 1) that they _used_ to think of the Warframes like Champions in LoL way back in alpha but after realizing how much customization and story/character development people wanted (Their game was attracting the MMO/RPG crown not the LoL crowd) they discarded that idea.

Which is obvious from the Alad-V trailer as he dismembered the alternate Excalibur Warframe, hence there must be more than one of each Warframe. After all if _our_ Warframes were unique to us then the Prime Warframes would make no sense at all, were are we going to find Orokin-era Tenno who fit that _specific_ Warframe, who doesn't already have a Tenno-built Warframe? Where do these perfect-fit Tenno come from once we find enough parts to build Warframes?

The Excalibur codex only talks about the _first_ Warframes, but the end of the Sentients war there were enough Tenno to wipe out the Orokin with minimal resistance. They did not all have unique Warframes.

In the first Trailer the Lotus addresses-the-player-as-Tenno and tells us we must "Master the Warframes" plural and in the Excalibur spotlight the Lotus tells us

This is Excalibur, the first of the Warframes at your disposal ... there are times Tenno, when even the best get surrounded ... No Matter your style, Tenno, the Excalibur Warframe is a formidable choice

Again. The Lotus telling a Tenno why it should choose Excalibur, the Warframes are equipment, the Tenno are individuals. The Warframe may carry some fragments of personality with them, making their pilot a little more sneaky when in Loki and stoic when in Rhino, or it just might be that tricky Tenno gravitate toward Loki.

But this game is not LoL we have story and game progression that is tied to a Tenno pilot not the Warframes they wear.

Side note: i just thought about this but does the fact the valkyr was tourtured (because if each player had a valkyr that mean the corpus tortured each valkyr which would make sence at all)make all of the other current warframe (including prime counterparts) main characters.

Ex. There is only 1 volt, 1 nova, 1 frost, etc

and make all other players non canon to the story

DE have addressed this. There are multiple Tenno who use the same "Patterns" for their frames. Also, The Valkyrs that we play as are replicas made by the Lotus. See the description of Valkyr's Bonds.

Ehh yeah, Corpus don't ''build'' warframes, why the hell would Alad V build Zanuka if he could build his own warframes and throw some random Corpus into the void to get awesome Tenno powers.

I firmly believe Valkyr was captured by the Corpus, Alad V even boasts about having multiple Tenno pods in the Gradivus event, not neccesarily all of the dormant Tenno/Warframes he found were torn to pieces to build Zanuka, the frame we use now would be the endresult of the torture and experiments Valkyr went through, the warframe having been disfigured and all in the progress.

While indeed it is highly unlikely we'll see a Valkyr Prime anytime soon, I would imagine it would be a Valkyr frame pre-capture.

Edited by CenturyNitro