Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Is Damaging Tooo High Against Infested Or Is It Just Me?...

IIJetfireII

Hey all,

I am not sure if anyone has noticed or probably doesn't want to even notify because of it's dmg is just-> insanity lol.

I love the weapon, but i am not sure what's going on, i just recently notice since i switched to ogris after long time back, and i see it's dmg is....................like.....9k-18k???? What in the world..... 

Please i want to confirm is the weapon's dmg tweaked or buffed or something? or is it bugged, cuz i can't say whether it's dmg is insane as OP as always, or please tell me what's going with it???

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

do you have gas on it?

Nope, Here's what i have-

Mods :-

Serration ( 150 % ), Hellfire, stormbringer, cryo rounds, wildfire, Split chamber and speed trigger maxed out, Infected Clip ( 75% toxic dmg ).

the stats shows after that-

Blast- 750.0

Radiation- 1800.0

Viral- 1,237.5

This was changed when i applied piercing mod instead of wildfire, and it was decreasing the dmg , so i put wildfire, and it made huge difference with giant dmg, gave me goosebumps.....lol i just couldn't bear with it, so i thought to ask it here... if my ogris buddy is ok....doing massive KO's against infested....

It's just you.  It's fine.

Are you sure man...i never seen ogris dmg before like this although the dmg which i used to do before was around 1k due to different loadout and dmg was quite alot lower than the current one ( posted it in above ) i had put. So i was wondering if anyone has gone through massive dmg output while using ogris against infested with these mods by any chance, and did massive around 10k's.....my ogris isn't even maxed completely due to serration and infected clip...and 18k LOL...i would wonder what would happen if i max it.....

As of 11.3.0 the Ogris can utilize the elemental mods for its explosion, which hadn't been working properly since 11.0 hit. The Ogris's explosion also has a strong tendency to target heads, which can give you a damage boost. I wouldn't think that you should get 18k out of that though. I think I saw my mid-rank Ogris (max serration, split chamber, maybe 2 elementals) hit an infested for 11k, so I doubt this is unique to you. I'll definitely investigate this further tomorrow.

And as a side note Piercing Hit will have no longer add any damage to the Ogris in damage 2.0, nor will the impact or slash mods. Fortunately with the new mechanics (armor) piercing damage is no longer necessary to have on every weapon.

As of 11.3.0 the Ogris can utilize the elemental mods for its explosion, which hadn't been working properly since 11.0 hit. The Ogris's explosion also has a strong tendency to target heads, which can give you a damage boost. I wouldn't think that you should get 18k out of that though. I think I saw my mid-rank Ogris (max serration, split chamber, maybe 2 elementals) hit an infested for 11k, so I doubt this is unique to you. I'll definitely investigate this further tomorrow.

And as a side note Piercing Hit will have no longer add any damage to the Ogris in damage 2.0, nor will the impact or slash mods. Fortunately with the new mechanics (armor) piercing damage is no longer necessary to have on every weapon.

i see..thanks, i guess My ogris as it's usual then.....whew...

Also one more thing, just to ensure, if you mean was this what they mean't fixing the dmg for ogris?

• Fixed projectile embedded damage and radial damage not being affected by damage mods.

i see..thanks, i guess My ogris as it's usual then.....whew...

Also if you still think it's still weird, PLEASE i don't mind you guys trying out this build and see if this build is doing the right stuff dmging the similar way i am getting currently. I have to yet polarise one more or twice since it's 5x formad yet...so i am thinking to make it further completely maxed mainly used for infested only and not for other factions ( probably sometimes against corrupted ).

Your weapon has been formaed five times... and it's supercharged... and you don't realize that's normal...

Your weapon has been formaed five times... and it's supercharged... and you don't realize that's normal...

true..i just didn't notice the dmg it was doing before it made huge change, so i got a shock what in the world made ogris so strong that i can go for further waves for infested.....unlike before...

And also btw, i am just not sure, was this patch note did mean by this fixing ogris's dmg?

• Fixed projectile embedded damage and radial damage not being affected by damage mods.

I am just shocked since i haven't used ogris for long while...even after dmg 2.0  i used it very rare since i was leveling, so yeah...it gave me goosebumps with those insane dmg...

I'm pretty sure the arsenal stats for the Ogris show only the damage for the impact of the rocket, not the damage of the blast, which is something like 500 base blast.

Well, it will change once you apply the mod combination for the blast and other's, then it will increase to higher dmg, now i am having fun using it ^^ ( but my frame dies faster than b4 D: )

I have mentioned my build here-

Mods :-

Serration ( 150 % ), Hellfire, stormbringer, cryo rounds, wildfire, Split chamber and speed trigger maxed out, Infected Clip ( 75% toxic dmg ).

the stats shows after that-

Blast- 750.0

Radiation- 1800.0

Viral- 1,237.5

Well the with max rifle amp, i am able to dmg to 26k somehow ^^, now only remains one or 2 more polarisation for maxing ogris.....

Ogris needs to be fixed, now I break through 1,170 Shield and 100 Health if I hit myself.

It's supposed to be Dangerous but it's too dangerous when you deal full shield damage to yourself and 100 health in 1 hit, 2 hit's is utter death.

Before the patch I would already hit myself around 120-200 damage, I'm a tank I should be tanking right? Not what I'm capable of anymore I cause an instant death for myself rather than help for my teammates with how much I can handle and coming through for them last moment or when were surrounded. It shouldn't become a game of sniping from a very high point with a rocket launcher.

I would put the damage dealt to player back down to 125-250 just in case they have to fight themselves out of a pickle not put them in a bigger pickle.

I recall times where I was being repeatedly pushed around by Grineer and only could get up long enough to let off a rocket to save myself to reach my teammates well that isn't the same anymore... I hit myself I'd just be helping the enemy kill me.

Was fine the way it was before, only thing that should have been changed about it was it's silent killing.

Ogris needs to be fixed, now I break through 1,170 Shield and 100 Health if I hit myself.

It's supposed to be Dangerous but it's too dangerous when you deal full shield damage to yourself and 100 health in 1 hit, 2 hit's is utter death.

Before the patch I would already hit myself around 120-200 damage, I'm a tank I should be tanking right? Not what I'm capable of anymore I cause an instant death for myself rather than help for my teammates with how much I can handle and coming through for them last moment or when were surrounded. It shouldn't become a game of sniping from a very high point with a rocket launcher.

I would put the damage dealt to player back down to 125-250 just in case they have to fight themselves out of a pickle not put them in a bigger pickle.

I recall times where I was being repeatedly pushed around by Grineer and only could get up long enough to let off a rocket to save myself to reach my teammates well that isn't the same anymore... I hit myself I'd just be helping the enemy kill me.

Was fine the way it was before, only thing that should have been changed about it was it's silent killing.

Stop hitting yourself then

lol, ogris is always like that, even in dmg 1.0, he can 1 shot you even in rhino's iron skin with max armor, there's no need to see it fixed, because ogris is always high dmging weapon.

And always never stay near or close to anyone, or else you will get 1 shotted down easily, even my frost prime didnt last long with 1220 shield and 760 health, This is nothing new.  This has been the same since the dmg 1.0, so there's no need for the fix for it. Ogris is based for defense missions to take out large number of enemies, Which helps alot when your allies don't have any good or decent weapons or not modded properly to dmg high against higher levels. 

Whenever you use ogris, the Biggest mistake would always be in close-medium range, cuz either it will 1 shot or destroy half of your health in no time ( if your shields or rhino's iron skin is not strong enough or health is not high, you will get 1 shotted still in these range ).

It's always suggestable to see some place for some decent or good space of view to take out enemies without thinking that it will kill you even for your mistake, because when your near around the close or medium range, you will need to be careful and precautious of using ogris, since everyone moves alot while your aiming with ogris from one place, and have to be careful where it hits, and not you at all. It's matter of practice of how you use the weapon properly and nothing else, even the same goes for your aiming skills. 

For ogris it's always one thing whenever you use him- NEVER STAY CLOSE TO ANYONE, ( and also never aim at the ground either if your enemies are too close, so always suggestable move around as well or run fast to reach certain space and shoot on the area where they can take hits and you can't, be tacticful ).

One more thing, Ogris isn't a sniper rifle, that it's a silent killer, it's aoe is always known to anyone nearby no matter how good you aim at them, I Will repeat again ogris isn't a Sniper rifle. It's only mean't for NUKING the huge amount of enemies around the area.

According to the wiki radiation damage now gives +75% damage vs infested.  That on top of the fact elemental mods now affect the explosion may explain the high damage numbers.

Hehe sweet, looks like my coincidence of putting the rightful high dmg mods, didn't goto waste after all ^^, same for my polarities ^_^, thanks.