Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Sounds Bored

Llyssa

Is it possible to make the lotus sound more excited?

After cleaning up earth, the most striking feature is how bored she sounds.

I suppose a flat delivery is a good baseline for all the sound effects, but the emotion in her voice is flat.

She was formerly somewhere between excited and perturbed at all times. Like she actually cared what happens in the mission.

It detracts a bit, and cuts into the excitement of the game. As if she wants it done with already.

Emotions are infectious, it leaves a slight sense of annoyance.

They raped poor lotus.. There were 3 possible voices for her.. Most natural one, scary one ( while opening vault and old frame vids ) And this sh1tty robotic crap.. they HAD to remake her with worst possible voice.. Now she sounds like she'd speak through cheap tuner.. DEVS are trolling us once more. Test of patience.

LOL play appolodorus on mercury I was so interested to find when multiple Lotus were fighting for superiority all in one level. Deep voice Lotus, Slightly lighter voiced lotus with more voice manipulation, then normal voice the normal voice made my day with the "Extraction is ready" :p

They could just auto-tune her, right? Use a bit of pitch-correction to give it emphasis that it currently lacks?

Maybe even mess with us a bit if they let it randomize the emotional inflections.

"We've got company incoming!... It's the grineer? =D "

I, for one, love the new Lotus. I don't think she sounds bored- she sounds reserved, somewhat zen, kind of like a calm tiger coiling up before a pounce. And for a space ninja game where we can meditate in a rock garden and look out the window on the vast, endless void of the cosmos, I think it's fitting.

And she sounds mysterious. She sounds authoritative. She sounds like our commanding officer. I like it a lot.

I think Rebecca has really grown as a voice actress! Massive kudos to her! She's really put in a consistent ambiance with a layering of subtle emotion, and I'm sure that's hard to do. Instead of implying she's totally unprofessional by assuming she was bored reading lines and did some half-hearted job, let's give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's intentionally putting some more authority and mystery into the Lotus.

Have you heard her announce the infested are coming?

Considering the idea that you're about to be devoured whole, she seems rather blase. "We've got infested. -_- zzzZZZ"

With the new sound management, you get to hear her sound bored in hundreds of ways.

Some of the stuff is okay/good, but there's a number of lines that are overly flat.

I'm not saying she's unprofessional, I'm sure the sound guys had her get the lines exactly right, and I'm sure she tried hard to do it. Just, a fair number come across with such a "meh" feeling to them it's rather demoralizing at times.