The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Lanka Buff

HAYABU5A

Still wish the shot was hitscan or it dealt Magnetic damage but hey, can't get everything perfect. I've found that the best combos are Corrosive + Blast for Grineer, Blast + Toxin for Corpus, and Radiation + Cold for Infested.

It isn't possible to get blast and toxic on the lanka

My Lanka seems to do way less damage now than what it did before. And it is not explained by the -25% for Corrosive vs Flesh, as the difference is 12k crit on body-shot of Corpus Crewmen before patch and now only 5-6k after patch.

Anyone else having this problem?

PS. Arsenal now also shows it as 1k corrosive, vs 5.2k corrosive before the patch. But that is unreliable.

PS. Arsenal now also shows it as 1k corrosive, vs 5.2k corrosive before the patch. But that is unreliable.

The lanka can now fire uncharged shots. The arsenal shows the uncharged shot damage which is 50...and affected by mods

Fully charged still has its 250 electric damage

The lanka can now fire uncharged shots. The arsenal shows the uncharged shot damage which is 50...and affected by mods

Fully charged still has its 250 electric damage

Then I guess the 1k corrosive is correct, as it is a 5th of what it was before.

Still does not explain the loss of 50% damage though :/

Is it just me or the initial puncture is not always working?

I had more comfortable feeling with Shred ... I don't know, maybe it is just the lag in infestation missions. 

yes it seem the puncture work 100% shoot through object but 50~70% when shotting through enemies

Puncture is great, but i'm not sure i like being able to shoot without Charging. 

now if i fumble my timing, instead of not shooting, i'll waste Ammo.

:/

i liked that the game slapped my wrists when i fumbled, telling me to get back in the groove of pumping out Headshots.

hmm after some testing it seems lanka is doing alot less damage than what it used to ?? 

the mechanics of using it are much better now but something is wrong with the damage output even with optimal damage types vs resistances with high level heavy units 

I like the buffs they gave it, however I wish they'd fix the whole issue that if you are zoomed, the shot goes straight instead of flying in from the left side of the screen.  That's ultimately the reason I stopped using it... it is just awkward.

Found a slight problem with Lanka that my previous experiences didn't have.

When I fire the Lanka while zoomed in + moving left/right, the bullet does this...curve. It doesn't go straight on its path like it used to.

It veers off to the left/right (depending on your movement), causing some potential kills to be lost.

Wasn't really a problem until I realized I have to be perfectly still for a straight shot.

Also, if the Lanka isn't fully charged, I (sometimes) fail to punch through an enemy (the unharmed, alive enemy close behind is my evidence). Is it a chance punch through on non-charged shots? Or am I just seeing things?

Puncture is great, but i'm not sure i like being able to shoot without Charging.

now if i fumble my timing, instead of not shooting, i'll waste Ammo.

:/

i liked that the game slapped my wrists when i fumbled, telling me to get back in the groove of pumping out Headshots.

Seconded. Maybe if it was an option, but now that I can put Speed Trigger on instead of Shred, the point is sort of moot: it charges REALLY fast with speed trigger, so it's not too hard to keep the charge.

On the other hand, it's nice when I'm carrying my less experienced friends through low levels, since I can just dump a whole clip into ten different enemies really fast, still killing them because your gods are dead, Lanka is your master now

Anyways, I love the innate pen for setting the lanka apart from other rifles, by which I mean the vectis.

And I like it doing straight electric damage, since we can mod it for corrosive or magnetic (the two current best damage types) as the need arises.

Edit: not gas, der. It's radiation, too bad it got nerfed.

Edited by SnaleKing

I made some tests, comparing with an old high-damage shot I had, and it seems like either the 2x elemental proc was already there, or it is how crits behave on headshot. Before 11.3 multishot hits got merged into the same number if they hit the same target simultaneously, but after 11.3 they do not. This is my working theory at least.

Before 11.3, Pure corrosive damage Lanka, Nova's MPrime + headshot + multishot crit + proc: 136k

pFTLkHy.jpg

After 11.3, Pure corrosive damage Lanka, Nova's MPrime + headshot + multishot + crit + proc: 68k + 10k non-crit damage

bGKdLeO.jpg

Yes, I made sure that nothing was behind that target, so it is not the same shot hitting another target. And because of the crit-mechanic, the second shot can impossibly crit, because the target dies. So I need a lot more time to actually completely verify this (and a few people bored enough to let me try ;) ).

So theoretically, the damage is the same.

Looking forwards to actually trying a decent build for Infested (electricity + gas), which might actually do more damage than corrosive. Before corrosive was the best, even though blast + electricity would be ok (they did equal damage). Currently I'm just running corrosive no matter what, and swapping to a Magnetic Snipetron Vandal for corpus (or Boar Prime).

EDIT: And yes, the elemental proc does not matter it seems, still hitting 68k without proc.

Edited by NullCurrent