Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Still Rainbowing Out Of Convienence

ClaymoreNo47

2.0 has come and many people including myself has had his/her say on the subject so lets not talk about that anymore. I'm just curious how people are playing now. Im one of those serious min maxers but after 2.0 i find i'm just picking one element i like, then rainbow out of sheer convenience. Not all my weapons are equally forma'd and alot of them start with inconsistent polarity types so each gun needs a tailered min max against a select enemy type at any given time in its progress from lvl 1-30 and from froma 1-5. 

Anyone else doing this too just forgetting about it all together because its needless to have to rethink your slots every other mission due to enemy change as well as every few hours to lvl and form lvl change? I find i just lean torwards corrosive for armor pen to deal with grineer heavies plus any random element i can squeeze in and call it a day.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

Not really a fair question to ask at this point since the elementals are all bugged and being re-re-reworked.

not even sure what your implying. I clearly stated this thread is not to discuss what 2.0 should or shouldn't, could or won't be; im jsut asking how people are playing so i can understand how im suppose to be enjoying the new system. I'm just saying at a point its all so tedious to keep swaping and thinking and i just say fk it armorpen element + rainbow and call it a day. 

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

not even sure what your implying. I clearly stated this thread is not to discuss what 2.0 should or shouldn't, could or won't be; im jsut asking how people are playing so i can understand how im suppose to be enjoying the new system. I'm just saying at a point its all so tedious to keep swaping and thinking and i just say fk it armorpen element + rainbow and call it a day. 

The builds we were using yesterday aren't dealing the same damage today. I'm saying that some will have already adapted, some will give you outdated information, and DE is planning on changing enemy weaknesses before 11.5.

i try to avoid changing my setups on weapons , i have an ignis with a high blast and run low level and infested stuff with ,  then i have a latron prime and despair for anything high lvl , like T3 voids 

I  will build a new weapons setup  to its strength now ,  taking into account its base stats to try and get the best out of and use it in the right missions , or try too

Edited by rogueweapon

The builds we were using yesterday aren't dealing the same damage today. I'm saying that some will have already adapted, some will give you outdated information, and DE is planning on changing enemy weaknesses before 11.5.

i know exactly what your saying, im talking about hte bit where you said its not a fair question. You were implying i was pushing an agenda with data your implying is not final. THats not what im doing. Im just asking what people are playing with to confirm to myself if my instincts are normal instead of utilizing the elemental types its getting complicated to a point where its best to just try to cover your bases and have the least weaknesses so you dont have to deal with constant remodding for every mission

And everything you just said its painfully obvious im a hardcore gamer.........I follow and analyze the tiniest nerfs and buffs if i cant project a change in the future i would be a terrible player.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

I'm more likely to throw on utility mods than outright damage anymore, but i'll throw in *at least* 2 elemental types per gun, usually.

for soma before yesterdays elemental nerfs, if i was going to void (ie need multipurpose) i'd throw on heat and magnetic, multi-shot, and crit build, along with ammo mutation. 3 elemental mods i guess could be rainbowing.

for faction specific i'd just throw on either magnetic or corrosive.

Sounds like it was just a miscommunication.

Also: 11.3.2 changed bonuses/weaknesses just now.

some players are catching on but rather slowly the bonus's are skewed because you have a third system in place called armor that every element takes a hit to. If you multiply it all out elements that go through armor have much more than the usual 50% bonus's you see in theory from other elements while at high lvls most elements automatically take at least a 70% hit from armor just because. 

Edited by ClaymoreNo47