Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name The Weapons You Hate

d1ru

The proportional affinity thread in the developer forums became pretty heated, and pretty quick. It brought up a very good point that if you can only get affinity when you USE a particular weapon, well, then, you had better be able to kill with it.

From my perspective, DE seemed to surmise that the issue was reduced to mainly melee weapons. I disagree, and i'm sure that a lot of us would feel that way. So, in ADDITION to melee weapons, lets make a list of the weapons that we wouldn't get caught dead with in a firefight. 

Edited by d1ru

Well, in a sense, it is mainly Melee Weapons right now. Of all the weapons Melee has the hardest time being viable. Melee just doesn't stand on its own properly. 

Don't think for a moment that they'll only work on Melee though. It is just that Melee is what needs the most drastic change for this all to work out.

I really didn't like the Cestra.  Too small damage and too long reload.  Even though I could counter that with mods, I just didn't like the weapon's firing mechanic and small damage overall.

I also HATED pre-Damage 2.0 Kraken.  Just really didn't like it.  Haven't tried it again since D2.0 dropped, but I don't really plan to.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

I really didn't like the Cestra.  Too small damage and too long reload.  Even though I could counter that with mods, I just didn't like the weapon's firing mechanic and small damage overall.

I also HATED pre-Damage 2.0 Kraken.  Just really didn't like it.  Haven't tried it again since D2.0 dropped, but I don't really plan to.

I didn't like it at first, but then I put that recoil reduction mod on it. Was pretty cool after that. Once the majority of the shots were on target no problem it was quite good.

Theres no worst weapons.

Braton MK.I would like to have a word with you.

The Braton is okayish to a point.

Both the AKlato and especially the solitary Lato are just garbage better thrown at my enemies than actually fired.

Actually, nearly all but a select few weapons fall off towards the end game due to enemy lifespans skyrocketing to the point of absurdity.  While at this point being in a group is encouraged... the ammo drop rate isn't really going to cover for everyone unless mutation mods are involved.

Edited by Littleman88

Vulkar still gets my vote. I'd rather spend my warframe existence with nothing but a skana than go through using the vulkar again. Worse part is I put a potato on it because I thought THEN it would be viable... nope. Honestly, that's the only weapon I have a huge complaint with, I even enjoy all the melee weapons generally speaking. Sure, some aren't very usable outside of lower level areas, but hell, the vulkar isn't viable ANYWHERE.

Braton MK.I would like to have a word with you.

The Braton is okayish to a point.

Both the AKlato and especially the solitary Lato are just garbage better thrown at my enemies than actually fired.

Actually, nearly all but a select few weapons fall off towards the end game due to enemy lifespans skyrocketing to the point of absurdity.  While at this point being in a group is encouraged... the ammo drop rate isn't really going to cover for everyone unless mutation mods are involved.

well, to further clarify i'm meaning anything that even modded you have trouble killing with: chore vs fun

but eh, i guess its related as long as you hate it lol.

Vulkar still gets my vote. I'd rather spend my warframe existence with nothing but a skana than go through using the vulkar again. Worse part is I put a potato on it because I thought THEN it would be viable... nope. Honestly, that's the only weapon I have a huge complaint with, I even enjoy all the melee weapons generally speaking. Sure, some aren't very usable outside of lower level areas, but hell, the vulkar isn't viable ANYWHERE.

uhm yeah. vulkar and lanka, you made me remember lol. they both do decent dmg, it just makes me frustrated using them. this, coming from the guy who prefers bows and snipers lol.

uhm yeah. vulkar and lanka, you made me remember lol. they both do decent dmg, it just makes me frustrated using them. this, coming from the guy who prefers bows and snipers lol.

It makes me sad, Vulkar is such a good name too! An entire KOTOR gang, they would be very disappointed to know that their space-ninja names-sake was an incredibly under-whelming sniper. Especially when all it would take to make the gun decent is a larger clip, and a faster reload. Or, a much larger clip with the same reload, or same clip with a much faster reload. Either of those 3 options I think would be an easy fix to put it at least in to the "usable" category. 

It makes me sad, Vulkar is such a good name too! An entire KOTOR gang, they would be very disappointed to know that their space-ninja names-sake was an incredibly under-whelming sniper. Especially when all it would take to make the gun decent is a larger clip, and a faster reload. Or, a much larger clip with the same reload, or same clip with a much faster reload. Either of those 3 options I think would be an easy fix to put it at least in to the "usable" category. 

lol yeah. "pew! ......... pew!..........still not dead. pew! dangit! missed!..... aw crap someone else killed it. whatever ill just use my galatine."

I don't hate any of the weapons. I am rather disappointed in a few of them, however. Come on Hind! You gotta get your priorities straight!

Worse than this, there are some that I'm indifferent about.

agreed. i tortuously grinded the burston, and when i saw the hind i was like "GOOOOOD TIERRRRR" but when i got it, i was like."burston with french bread skinnnn"

embolist is pathetic and spectra, i love spectra but it does 0 damage !!

i dont understand all this hate for the embolist... i do TONS of damage to everything around me. but then, i have corrosive and blast on it so nothing can reach me, and everything melts lol.