Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Name:    Gore

Faction: Grineer

Grip:      Heavy Greatsword

Suggested stats:

Impact:                   20

Puncture:               10

Slash:                     40 (100 during Drive)

Attack speed:         1 swing/sec (0.7 swings/sec during Drive)

Charge speed:       1.5 sec

Charge damage:    250 (60/40/150 i/p/s)

Crit chance:            5% (charged and non-charged)

Crit damage:          150%

Non-charge status: 5% (25% during Drive*)

Charge status:        25% (100% during Overdrive*)

Range is same as Gram

*Read the gimmick section, please

Discription:

A remnant of the old era, Gore was found on a derelict Grineer ship now "owned" by infestation. Lotus suspects that it was once wielded by a Grineer officer. Superior Tenno craftsmanship allowed us to repair this massive and powerful Chainsword and once again let it sink into the flesh of those who oppose the wielder

The Gimmick(s):

-Stagger resistance during normal attacks and charging 

-Charge attack performs a 180° frontal slash that revs up the chainsword applying the Drive buff which increases swing speed,  slash damage and status chance

-Charge attack while Drive is active performs an Overdrive, a 360° spinning slash that deals double the charge damage. After Overdrive the Drive buff is removed

"Art" (aka doodles worse than that of five year old's) are coming soon (when I find this contraption of the old era that lets me doodle on a material called paper)

Edited by WhisperByte

Faction: Corpus
Description: a boxing glove-type weapon with a built in energy shield that absorb damage then shoot it back as an energy wave in the next charge attack. A weapon prototype design by Corpus to counter the Grineer's fire power
without blocking= normal attack and charge attack

with blocking= normal attack with charge blast wave attack (depend on the amount of damage taken)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1808c2c391e582ed68728f91e49afc19/tumblr_mxulgncxI21syli1do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxulgncxI21syli1do1_1280.jpg

Edited by PH0X-1

Faction: corpus

Description: The Datamass is a corpus data storage device. Usually spawning as a rag-doll pickup, the datamass is now a weapon in the hands of the tenno.

This weapon is derived from corpus tech the datamass deals both impact and puncture damage and can be modded to accommodate any elemental mod, It is held by the handle as that is the most comfortable place to grip it.

Attacks: Normal attacks involve a three stage combo, with a right and left heft, followed by an uppercut type move.

Charged attacks swing the datamass in an circular motion (like wind milling your arms) and will charge for a second or two, any connection to enemies made afterwards will launch said enemy backwards.

Spin attacks will trip enemies (up to five) and wall attacks will maintain the default animation but end in the datamass being used as a club.

Blocking is useless as it is a datamass, not a shield.

Skins: Also Skins can be made for grineer and tenno datamass weapons, and some distinctive features need to be added to make sure people don't get confused between these and the actual datamass unit.

And a picture for your convenience.

kd1rtt.jpg 

Faction: Tenno (Orokin maybe)

Name - Calesvol (feel free to change that, it's the real name of a sword though)

Grip: Great sword (Galatine, Gram)

"The sword of light, this blade will begin to glow brighter and brighter with each swing. It is said that an enemy struck with a powerful blow from this sword will go blind."

This is a normal swing blade rather then a charge weapon. Fast and dealing a great deal of slash damage with each swing. The charge attack however has a very slow charge up and very weak damage but causes it's opponents to get stun/blind when struck. This adds a great deal of utility, along with its powerful swings makes it a very useful weapon on even the toughest battlefields.

k4f3gm.jpg

212s613.jpg

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

This is the FISSOR

Faction: Corpus

Description: This chainsaw, used primarily by Corpus technicians to cut apart metal plates and pipes can also be used to make short work of Grineer armor and especially flesh.

The grip is unique, as it is held just like an actual chainsaw with two handles: vertical and horizontal. The saw is quite heavy, so it's strikes are slow, but should anyone get unlucky enough to recieve a hit from it, the result is lethal.

It's composed of 5 primary parts:

1.The primary, vertical handle

2.The secondary, horizontal handle

3.Protection plates (be it heat, sparks or blood and gore)

4.The heat beam itself

5.The power cell

Artwork:

v0stK1E.jpg

Edited by EvilBunny

All information is in the image itself but just in case it isn't clear enough here are the all the required pieces of info.

Faction: Grineer
Name: Basalisk

Grip: Sword/Whip
Description:

The Basalisk combines the lethality provided by a sword and marries it with the reach of a whip. Its rotary power system draws energy from Grineer armor, allowing the user to explosively extend the sword's blade into a whip like form. The applications for this system are varied, they range from bridging the gap between two melee opponents to cleaving through a wide arc in front of the user. Combining the load mechanisms of the Brakk with the blade systems of the Machete, this next generation Grineer weapon is expected to raise Grineer combat effectiveness significantly. (97)

157ot4p.jpg

Edited by bobot073

First off, i do most of my drawings ye old style... but i havent drawn in ages so the weapon may be a bit... lacking.

Faction: Tenno

Name: Garra (esperanto for 'claw')

Grip: Single glove for one arm.

Description: Its a massive glove that has two slow but very powerfull swings and a powerfull charge. The damage is huge but it is slow and has a rather short range.

PC150247.jpg

A bit of lore: Garra was a weapon made by the Tenno mostly for single purpose: Grineer heavy units. The weapon was slow, but powerful and could easily rip trough even the toughest of armor. The blade modification properties used for claw part was mostly a accident discovery when Tenno tried to modify 'Obex'. The early usage of the weapon was lacking and even tho its attacks could easly rip flesh and armor the Tenno using it tended to be surrounded with ease.  So the weapon was modified and enhanced to serve for heavy units annihilation , altho even the light units had to be careful not to get near its claws.

SoulCaliburIIITirasAiselneDrosselRin.jpg

just gimme something like this, a huge throwable ringblade... ok thanks

Brilliant minds think alike, fellow Tenno!

It's been a while since i last played, but i keep track of the updates and this contest caught my eyes.

Made a dual infested Glaive.

Name: [insert cool infested name here]

Faction: Infested

Original Artwork: 

53w76u.jpg

Brief description: Basically Chakrams. Medium range thrown weapons that don't bounce but hit anything in their way.

Link to a chakrams combat video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOhs4uSy0A

Note: i'm not good with texturing (yet) so i'll just leave it like that for the moment.

Edited by Symbiont71

Name: Skelvors (Any better names are welcome!)

Faction: Orokin (It's not Orokin colored but I don't even care!)

Description: Forged during the dawn of the Sentient War, the dual wielded Skelvors were re-discovered in the Orokin Derelict in a complex vault only to be opened by those deemed worthy...

-A tiny bit shorter than the Ether Daggers

-Grip: Dagger

-Slightly translucent blade

Original Art: B0Z8uhI.jpg

Edited by MCHsatantwin

Twin Hook Swords (made with SketchUp)

Faction - Tenno

Grip - Dual swords

Description - Drawing from the ancient Chinese Shaolin Munks, the Tenno designed these elegant blades. Incredibly sharp to slice cleanly through enemies with ease, with added capabilities from the hooks on the ends. For the charged attack or final hit in combo, the hooks would be linked together (see image 2) which would double the reach with some additional damage provided by the extra weight in the handle. Blades would be stored crossed on the back (see image 3)

2hNyKiI.jpgD2vDtte.jpgjbq1VV7.jpg

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

I am not good at art. So forgive me

Name: Korza

Nunchucks that combine to make a bo staff and the bo staff can then stay whole and have a kind tri flail. I predict hi impact damage

When they are nunchucks they stay duel wielded. As a bow staff theu are wielded like such.

As a tri flail it is weilded from the middle part and the ends are swung at the enemy

Linked By some fine wire to deal some flesh damage

warframe_tri_flai_by_darkvramp-d6y7vrx.p

warframe_concept_weapon__by_darkvramp-d6

Edited by Darkvramp

name: yami (japanese word for darkness)

faction: orokin

type:  single glove/fist (some new fighting mechanics)

description: it is used for grabbing,choking and punching energy colors the whole glove

charge: grab the enemie and throw him over your shoulder or where your crosshair is at

regular: punching

slam: 5 meter aoe making the enemies stunned

stealth: thrust the glove into the stomach and pull back onto the face (grineer/crew), tear the enemie apart(chargers/moas)

wall: same mechanics for the fist

finisher: grab the enemies and he from the start of where the glove is, energy is spread out disintegrating the enemie

You can change this anytime, i just want the glove,maybe make it so then the higher rank the weapon is the longer the glove extends.

http://imgur.com/Qkag3pd

Edited by Chickenbokz

Faction: Infested

Name: Scourge

Description: Countless species have fallen to the infestations relentless advance, This is a shell of one such species.

Chitinous and robust, it is capable of inflicting terrible wounds to those foolish enough to approach its bearer. The weapon uses a 1 handed grip in a side stance, and would likely cover shoulder to knee.

Please forgive the shoddy pictures DE would do the concept all the justice it would need and thanks for looking.

2013-12-16015916_zpsf22f4749.jpg

2013-12-16015907_zps898b794b.jpg

The terrible hand writing on the design says " Perhaps could have a chance to inflict Toxic/Viral damage and that perhaps the proc of said effect would damage the frame for 1% health?"

Edited by Ensanguine

CAGNUM

Faction: Tenno (Ether)

Grip: Whip/Flail

Description:

The simple, yet brutal Cagnum is forged from the same materials as the Ether sword; the reach of this weapon allows it to dispatch foes at greater distances than most conventional weapons.

The Cagnum would deal primarily slash damage with a moderate amount of impact damage; it should be an excellent weapon for dealing with groups of light infested units.

Flailconceptwithdescriptionsandbackgroun

Left: Sheathed

Right: Active

Edited by Konnivar

Faction - Tenno

Name - Shark Cloves of

Description - small double knifes capable of light pierce the enemy quickly to the point of not even noticing his death.

perforation - 25.0
impact - 7.0
cut - 4.0
critical - 1.0x / 5%
Attack Speed ​​- 1.6
Status - 2.0%
charged attack - 70.0
Swivel attack - 45.0
jump attack - 35.0
attack wallpaper - 100.0

bjia.th.jpg

Name: Kyoketsu-Shoge

Description:

This weapon consists of a blade extending straight outward connected to a curved blade at the base. From the bottom of the knife consists about 10-12 feet of chain with a large ring on the end. The type of combat is quick slashing and thrust via throwing the weapon and swinging with the chain with two hands so that quick succession of the blade and ring can be made to the opponent. It would have very good range but not very good at stunning. The charge move would be launching the weapon towards a nearby opponent and yanking them to the ground near the target while dealing heavy penetration damage. The jump slam would be replaced with a very large arching swing that could knock down opponents (a chance of knock down)

reference:

kyoketsushoge.jpg 

(Just a picture from google DE can change the artwork however they want/) 

Sup Tenno, Your pal Lynches here! I have made my submission for a weapon I've been wanting for quite some time.

Basically, it is just a Humongous Glaive. I've always dreamed of tossing a giant piece of razor sharp metal through 34 enemies and watching their bodies separate simultaneously (muhahaha).

Floret is a derivative of Flower, this is a Lotus inspired weapon. Of course it's a tad off-set, but I wanted this general look (Lotus flowers overlapping). The curved blades coming out are optional.

It will be a 2-Handed weapon (Heavy Grip type) with large swing radius comparable to the Orthos, and a devastatingly long ranged wide-spread charged throw with innate punch through (for enemies only).

Tenno Origin of course, no idea what stats would be applied. Please upvote! Much appreciated! Thanks!

While your at it, please upvote my bud, Rasputin29's Katana "Hattori" on page 2!

Hf2kfLX.jpg

Edited by Lynches

Faction- Tenno

Name- Adoles's Blitz

Description- A multipurpose buckler that opens up to deflect all frontal damage, protecting the user and allies behind the shield. The buckler also hides blades that reveal themselves to deal moderate slash and puncture damage. User comes with 2 bucklers on both their arms or are armed with a dagger of choice on the right hand and the buckler on the left.

....Somehow i cant put my photo here so.....here's the link

http://i.imgur.com/r2fsv4Z.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/PqVcnBl.png?1

Edited by Hot_Ghost

Brief Description: Tenno Combat Kodate

Attached to the right forearms of Tenno warriors these small shields (not much larger than a forearm) are primarily used to defend Tenno against small caliber arms fire and in melee combat for defence. Created using a high density polymers loomed together to create an extremely rigid yet light material. The plastic shell is transparent allowing Tenno to cover vital areas such as the face without hindering their vision. Though primarily used for defensive fighting and disruption the integrated blade allows for melee combat in a pinch. Multiple styles of shield and blade combinations exists with blades that fold out from under the shield or set on magrails allowing the blade to shoot out from the shield much like a piledriver before locking in place for use as a short sword. The size of the shield allows for unhindered movement when compared to much larger shields that would be heavier and more cumbersome.

Original Artwork: 

2mgqe7t.jpg

Animated Sheathing
biSTzpj.gif

Edited by Zyrell

Repost of my favorite idea earlier to fit the submission requirements.

Psyonyx

Brief Description: Five shiny floating spheres. No weapon swap needed for use. Normal Attack hits up to five targets adapting shape to overcome defenses. Charge attack spins spheres in tornado around user for pierce/slash that persists briefly. Jump attack creates circular wave causing blunt/knockdown. Auto block some incoming ranged attacks. Block button coats Tenno body reducing damage and negating laser/fire damage, persisting briefly. Extra effective when used by Nyx.

Original Artwork: Simple design of shiny metal spheres about the size of grapefruit, each changing to a bunch of discs for slashing, or a bunch of spikes for piercing. Non-Nyx Tenno could have a band around their helmets to control the weapon.