Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

My entry to the melee weapon concept contest:

Mendatory Boring Info:

Faction: Tenno (or faction-less; Kitty Lotus loves all and shares said love freely)

Brief Description

- Grip Type: Whip/Tail/Pet/Feline Overlord(?).  Lotus is not an object, she has feelings too, you know.  

-  It's a kitty that's a Lotus that rawrs and noms and patooies hairballs.  You hold her by her delicate feline tail.  Not sure what else to add.  *shrug*

Original Artwork:

Day 44: 『Melee Weapon Concept: Kitty Lotus (aka Lotucat)』

u0KIrpQ.png

**PS:  Slide attack is supposed to launch Lotus across the floor, where she will nom on any and all enemies who come into contact for a short period of time, before running back to the Tenno.  

Shut up and take my platinum :v

Faction: Tenno

Description: Tenno Phase Chakram.  Once activated/released, the chakram is controlled by the Warframe's neural network and phases into void space, passing through EVERYTHING . . . damage is done as it phases through an enemy, irradiating it from within.  Armor/shields are ignored.  Leaves an phase trail in its wake.  The Chakram flies in fast, smooth elipitical paths arching and immediately returning to the owner (like a yo-yo).  The Chakram does not bounce nor contact anything. 

A paired weapon, i.e. - two are used, one in each hand. It functions in 2 modes: Thrown and Charged.

A normal attack is thrown and is a mid to short range attack.  It damages all enemies it passes through.  Damage is based off of amount/time of contact as it passes through an enemy.  The chakrams are thrown in rapid succession (right then left) and flight time should be about 1-2 seconds.  Once a single chakram returns, it can be immediately thrown again.  If done repeatedly, it can create a combo - right, left, right, left, both.

When charged, the two chakrams release and fly corkscrew orbits around the Warframe damaging (repeatedly) any enemies close enough.  This is close range only and lasts about 5 seconds.  Duration can be upgraded.  While this is activated, the Warframe is free to move and fire weapons but has no other melee available.  The chakrams will follow.

The chakrams have no traditional/"hand-held" melee.

Grip type: Glaive

Very quick concept (single):

The "blades" are entirely symbolic as they do no damage.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3655970/Chakram%20Concept%2001.jpg

(I was having problems actually placing the pic inline, so here's a link to the concept)

Edited by (PS4)Echo19

Name: Chimera

Faction: Grineer

Grip: Two-handed axe

Description: Chimera automatically shots it's energy shotgun on each 3rd attack in combo, charged and jump attacks. Very short range and high pellet spread in the crosshair direction.

Axe attack type: Mostly Slash

Shotgun attack type: Impact or Impact/Magnetic or Impact/Radiation

Art:

u13i39y.jpg?1

It looks a bit short for a two-handed weapon, so both handle and shotgun/blade part should be much longer.

Edited by Sheelov

i dont know how to upload pics but heres 2

image_zpsd678257b.jpg
The tenous prime
faction-orokin
heavy sword
description-: The Tenuous, forged by Orokin, a blade with the power to cut through any foe .

second sword

image_zps77b75069.jpg
The advent
long sword
tenno faction
description: a blade forged by the tenno, the advent has great speed, power and is almost comparable to the ether sword by some tenno

(might edit description a little more)

Edited by Naturalwinter

Name: Retiarii

Faction: Corrupted

Grip-type: Held-Glaive (not Thrown)

Description (spoken with Lotus voice): Retairii is the ideal weapon for the tactical Tenno. This simple disk was used by the Corrupted to capture invaders on their ships. While Retairii is a formidable bludgeoning weapon, a patient Tenno can use Retairii to its full potential. If one should charge this disk the net and weights shoot out of the disk, grappling their foe and reeling them in for the final blow.

Disk
2lwx98y.jpg

Pose showing the net
2e3ok92.jpg

I don't have a nice english,  and im bad drawning but i will try!

*Edit!

Faction:Tenno

Brief Description:A schyte, carved from the skeleton of an ancient dragon, can stun a group of enemies!

Original Artwork:

wjzu.png

2rj7.png

Edited by apghls

Name: Dual Ulaks

Weapon type: Dual bended daggers

Description: Wielded by the most dangerous criminal in history, the dual Ulaks are as terrifyingly effective at silent assassinations as they are at quick open-combat. High chance of critting, and can inflict bleed to multiple targets.

I know it is a little bit of reference, but if we could  use them as dual daggers/short swords, with higher attack speed than the fang and a lot of piercing damage, it would be one of my favorites in-game. Even if it would something a little bit different, the base would be Rid$&*^'s Ulaks.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/140103/Ulaks_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by Serigala

Name:AlNi

Faction:Corpus

Weapon Type: Battle Arms(new Categorize!)

zIIwsl3.png

AlNiは使用者の神経と直結して動作する、高度なAIを備えた二対のマニュピレータです。
サルベージされたZANUKA計画を元に、使用者自身をあらゆる場面でより効果的に補助することを目的に開発されました。

マニュピレータはユーザーのモーションを補助し、広範囲の障害物、エネミーをなぎ払います。
AlNiそのAIによりユーザーと独立して動作が可能で、視界外からの射撃を防いだり、
ユーザーの転倒に対し自動で受け身を取るなど拡張されたスケルトニクスとしての補助機能に重点が置かれています。

この第三第四の腕を使いこなせば、立体空間での移動に障害などないも同然。
今すぐAlNiを装着し3次元空間を支配しましょう!

GtySbn3.png
Edited by __jx

Faction: Infested

Brief Description: Agrit (Latin for illness) is a single arm-mounted claw-and-blade, that's able to extend its nail-like tendrils when you use it continuously. Basic attacks include lashing by swinging the arm, stabbing backwards with the elbow-protrusion, and stabbing with the nails from the claw. It's basely made of a flesh-like substance, and on some parts covered with scales.

Original artwork:

http://puu.sh/68oEx.jpg

Edited by NecroDancer

This is a shield but I sadly could not finish every detail.

Faction: Corpus

Description:

“A shield prototype designed as the ultimate mobile defensive weapon and to compete with the Grineer shields wielded by their Shield Lancer troops. Made from dissembled Tenno Glaive technology this shield provides a good defense on the battlefield alongside long-range attacks.”

This weapon would work like the Glaive, with a Glaive grip. When you block with it, it will spring out the blue energy blades to protect the wielder in full. When attacking with it, it will spring out and work like the Glaive. Close combat with rapid slashes or thrown and then comes back. When not in use it is folded [see picture below] like a regular Glaive.

Maybe give it some Impact traits to have a different Glaive for a different job much like the bows. Three bows for three  jobs. I would like to run around with a freaking shield mowing down enemies, but since there are no such bones or animations in the game, I would like the next best thing which is this,

09zx.jpg

Edited by Kavasiki

Faction: Grineer
Very closely related to fire poi. Could be one giant fireball of death, or two small ones(double handed, or dual). Ball is strong, but has holes that allow for gas to travel into it, and be ignited. Rope is about as long as the Lecta, and could be coiled up on Tenno's back. Charge attack spins tenno around a few times. Heavy emphasis on fire damage. Could explode outward on contact with enemy.
http://imgur.com/cQbQzIR
(Image is backwards, but I blame my webcam).

Grip type: Polearm

Description: Gungnir is a legendary spear that the Corpus have tried, and somewhat succeeded, to replicate. The spear is able to pierce armor with its quick thrusts, but lacks any impressive impact or slash capabilities. Due to the energy orb at the end of the pole, Gungnir can unleash a short electric arc on charge attack, allowing it to hit 2 enemies standing one behind the other.

Art (sorry for how horrible it looks.):

http://imgur.com/X0scECC

Edited by Nembilim

Brief description: A souped up version of the Plasma Sword, the Plasma Smiter is a two-handed greatsword that possesses a larger plasma emitter. Developed by the Corpus, the weapon was specially developed for making quick work of hordes of Infested, but the field testers noted that it worked wonders for eliminating the Grineer as well. Though having a long charge period, the charged attack emits a plasma wave that can reach enemies across the room. This weapon can be folded when not in use to facilitate storage.

Original Artwork:

BidBCC7.jpg

Description: The rope dart is a long rope with a metal dart attached to one end. This was a weapon from ancient times, which allows the user to throw the dart out at a long-range target and use the rope to pull it back.

http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/498/868/original/rope-dart-on-black-700.jpg?1330111543

Faction- Tenno

Name - Hattori

Reminiscent of the ancient Katana. This weapon is wielded with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other. its First attack is always the strongest from the draw. Like a sniper rifle running primed chamber, This is  precise killing machine, so would probably have a high crit rate.

NewCanvascopy_zps776eac75.jpg

this design already has a thread. bump if you like

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/#entry1693952

*__*

FACCIÓN CORPUS . 
TIPO DE ARMA: CUERPO A CUERPO
NOMBRE: MAZER
DESCRIPCIÓN DEL ARMA:UNA MAZA DE ENERGÍA, ESFERA UNIDA A SU MANGO POR UN CORDÓN DE ENERGÍA, AL AGITARLO EL WARFRAME, LA ESFERA SE CARGA Y GOLPEA EN EL PISO PROVOCANDO QUE DE LA ESFERA SE DESPRENDAN PEQUEÑOS FRAGMENTOS EN FORMA DE PEQUEÑAS ESTACAS QUE SE INCRUSTAN EN LOS ENEMIGOS

Faction - Corpus

Name - ELEMENTUM

Description: Double swords, from an ether-like material that optically adjusts to the currently active element, which were developed under the strictest secrecy of the corpus. They were designed specifically for the fight against Tenno. Their task was to inflict significant elemental damage to Waframes due to their remarkably high status-chance. The double swords, designed to do cut-damage are quite weak, but do this by a high attack rate as well as a high critical chance for it.

PS: sry for my bad english :3

o8dmtnasf7t.jpg

This one is my favorite by far. I love the corpus, I love the elemental use in this game and it would be aweseome to see a unique weapon like this put in the game. Upvote it on page 5.

Faction- Tenno

Name - Hattori

Reminiscent of the ancient Katana. This weapon is wielded with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other. its First attack is always the strongest from the draw. Like a sniper rifle running primed chamber, This is  precise killing machine, so would probably have a high crit rate.

NewCanvascopy_zps776eac75.jpg

this design already has a thread. bump if you like

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/#entry1693952

This one is just bad &#!, lets all be honest. If its not put in the game I want it as a real sword. Upvote it on page 2.

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: Single Fist - GRINEER PILE BUNKER

- Simple, crude, compact. This offshoot of a common mining implement has become commonplace around Grineer mining sites as a proven and "effective" terror tool in the subjugation of unwitting nearby colonies.

The GPB is a single fist, thrusting/punch weapon.

Normal attacks are typical puncture strikes.

Charging the weapon deals horrific pneumatic drill assisted punch-through damage, delivering force in a forward column.

Original Artwork: *edit! added action an action shot just to give some more semblance of what she does! Thanks for all the kind words everyone!*

GnC8V8o.jpg

16mLzCm.jpg

This remind me of Gurren Lagann and I loved that anime. Also it makes sense in context to the faction which is always good and we could always use more unique and cool weapons. Upove on page 1.

These 3 have my vote 100%, they are all awesome with strong concepts behind them. I hope they get picked, I would throw money at my screen for them all.

Edited by Overlord_Hades

Faction : Tenno

Brief Description : It's a hula-hoop... with sharp edges... Grip type would be similar to the Orthos (because of the hopefully, fast animations) or the glaive (being held at one of the little circles on the hoop)

Charge attack #1 would be to throw it forward with a backward spin, so that when it hits the ground it rolls back to you and slices everything inbetween

Charge attack #2 would be to put the hoop over your head, and do a couple spins, has standard hold E to charge, and then mash E to spin a couple extra times, slowly losing momentum/damage. obviously capping at 3-5 full rotations

The above animation would be similar to (i think) ashes ult, teleporting around and instakilling most things, except he would just teleport beside them while spinning.

Stealth kill place the hoop over the enemy on an angle, depending on size, would alter where exactly it's placed, but apply pressure at bottom, while pulling the top to pop enemies head off

Original Artwork: [img]http://imgur.com/InWIKd6[/img]

... FEAR MY PAINT SKILLS!